moving to a new ball

ThePrettyPetard

Question

let's say you fuck up the pokeball your pokemon you just spent hundred thousand breeding and it's in a pokeball insted of a luxary or premier ball why would it need to be stuck to that pokeball for it's whole life the same could be said for a pokemon you bought but isn't in a ball you like we should just be able to give the pokemon an new ball and get rid of the last one (to avoid exploit of higher tier ball)

the way to make the change would be simple just go to your bag and click use on the ball you want then use it on the pokemon you want to have a new ball

34 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Okay trash, name any cons associated with this idea

The only reason that this was suggested was cause the OP screwed up when they were breeding and acting as if their comp is useless cause it isn't in the right pokeball. That is a big enough flag to reject an idea cause the devs shouldn't waste their time creating this cause someone screwed up. The devs are not here to fix mistakes made by players. 

But please keep being disrespectful :)

26 minutes ago, Kite said:

The only reason that this was suggested was cause the OP screwed up when they were breeding and acting as if their comp is useless cause it isn't in the right pokeball. That is a big enough flag to reject an idea cause the devs shouldn't waste their time creating this cause someone screwed up. The devs are not here to fix mistakes made by players. 

first thing i never said i never said a pokemon is useless becaus it's not it the ball wanted, second i never said this was a mistake i made and that i want the dev to fix it for me

and third i saw a few people that made that mistake while breeding which is one of the reasons i made this suggestion in the first place. btw the other reasons are that this also aply to a pokemon you buy that isn't in the ball you would like, changing it's ball might help make it feel a bit more like your own pokemon, and that people can move from home but why would pokemon not be able to do the same? 

in my opinion this suggestion page isn't here to tell the devs what to do but rather to give them idea of thing we would like to see

last thing to quote the rules of the suguestion box  "Do not leave posts that state your agreement/disagreement with the Original Post without providing an explanation, or critique; These posts will be removed. You can simply like a post to state your agreement or post as a reason why you do not."

51 minutes ago, Kite said:

Alright, so you don't have an actual reason why this would damage the flow of the game. If anything this helps players put their Pokemon into a desired ball, many players bred Pokemon prior to the update without knowing this Pokeball scouting thing would be a thing (seeing as how the developers caused this issue I believe this suggestion is reasonable). I don't think it would hurt to see this as another money sink to help those players out against scouting.

3 hours ago, Kite said:

Let's be real, you should be paying attention to what pokeball you're using. If you mess up it shouldn't be the devs to make a fix so you can fix it. The pokeball doesn't change performance and the OP makes it sound like your comp is unusable. 

its not like luxury balls looked pretty good pre update and look fkn awful now. guess we fkd up not waiting for the update 1,5 years.

33 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

You can see what ball a player has when they send in a Pokemon, so say you know a player runs x set on a Poke ball but you also know they run y set on a Great ball then you will know what to expect.

Ugh 

8 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

if you want people remember you masterballed a karp you could just keep it in it's original ball then noting force you to change it's ball

i don't really see why that shouldn't allow you to do it with that argument

I'm very proud of my masterballed Ivysaur, and I don't have any trouble showing it to people as I did it was a joke and I don't really care about pokeballs or anything, nor should you tbh and if you do, simple, pay attention next time. Also, no, this was complete human mistake and the devs need to do nothing about it. It's a complete waste of time to code this as it isn't even a QoL improvement, is just a ''filler gimmick'' update. Pokeball scouting is also not big enough to be a concern either, mostly because people usually use only 2-3 kind of pokeballs in their comps.

To keep it short, does it have a valuable use? If yes, worth to make, else, not worth. This falls in the if not category.

Cons of this idea? 0.

Pros of this idea? 0. 

Edited by redspawn
2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

first thing i never said i never said a pokemon is useless becaus it's not it the ball wanted, second i never said this was a mistake i made and that i want the dev to fix it for me

and third i saw a few people that made that mistake while breeding which is one of the reasons i made this suggestion in the first place. btw the other reasons are that this also aply to a pokemon you buy that isn't in the ball you would like, changing it's ball might help make it feel a bit more like your own pokemon, and that people can move from home but why would pokemon not be able to do the same? 

in my opinion this suggestion page isn't here to tell the devs what to do but rather to give them idea of thing we would like to see

last thing to quote the rules of the suguestion box  "Do not leave posts that state your agreement/disagreement with the Original Post without providing an explanation, or critique; These posts will be removed. You can simply like a post to state your agreement or post as a reason why you do not."

I have explained why I disagreed. Just cause you don't accept it doesn't mean it isn't an explanation. Also I never stated you did, I stated that you acted like you did, big difference m8. 

2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

his opinion isnt less valid because he disagrees. i disagree with him aswell but i will fight to death for his right to disagree with me.

he don't mind at all that people disagree with me but if they do and their reason seem weak and don't even show weakness in the base idea then i will question the purpose of that disagreement becaus for now his criticism just seems like a: i don't want it becaus i want to see those people suffer (suffer is a bit big for this but didn't had a better word in mind but i guess it might still fit for people with ocd). feel free to correct me if i am wrong on the interpretation of your argument @Kite

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

he don't mind at all that people disagree with me but if they do and their reason seem weak and don't even show weakness in the base idea then i will question the purpose of that disagreement becaus for now his criticism just seems like a: i don't want it becaus i want to see those people suffer (suffer is a bit big for this but didn't had a better word in mind but i guess it might still fit for people with ocd). feel free to correct me if i am wrong on the interpretation of your argument @Kite

Definitely not wanting to see people suffer. It has nothing to do with that. Why should the devs take time out of doing dev things and take time to implement this suggestion cause someone screwed up or could? When that person should be paying attention to what they are doing and wouldn't had made the mistake in the first place. 

This isn't like when the Master Ball didn't have a confirmation button as the Master Ball was a powerful tool to someone if they ran into a shiny that could roar or even explode. Especially when the suggestion is all about a cosmetic.

2 minutes ago, Kite said:

Definitely not wanting to see people suffer. It has nothing to do with that. Why should the devs take time out of doing dev things and take time to implement this suggestion cause someone screwed up or could? When that person should be paying attention to what they are doing and wouldn't had made the mistake in the first place. 

This isn't like when the Master Ball didn't have a confirmation button as the Master Ball was a powerful tool to someone if they ran into a shiny that could roar or even explode. Especially when the suggestion is all about a cosmetic.

who knows how hard it will be to implement (the devs oviously) since it isn't that big of an idea it might just take them 10 minutes to do or 10 hours if it's not hard to do why not take a few extra minute to put a little nice feature. also this idea isn't only meant for the pokemon you breed and fuck up the ball but also those that you buy that aren't in a ball of your taste

Just now, ThePrettyPetard said:

who knows how hard it will be to implement (the devs oviously) since it isn't that big of an idea it might just take them 10 minutes to do or 10 hours if it's not hard to do why not take a few extra minute to put a little nice feature. also this idea isn't only meant for the pokemon you breed and fuck up the ball but also those that you buy that aren't in a ball of your taste

In which case if you buy it, you can always breed it into a new ball if you don't like it. Its a money sink that way on top of that, you get it in the ball you want. It puts more work for you but such is the price you pay for the "wrong" pokeball. 

(Also if I wanted people to suffer, I'd bring back CatchMMO Days and remove everyone's pokemon from 2014 to now. Then remove breeding from the game entirely.) 

8 hours ago, Kite said:

It is not like we "screwed up". Long time ago we couldn't chose balls, everything was put into pokeball (and it didn't even take a ball out of your inventory too!- at least for a while).

Not to mention, we have no influence over balls which contain pokes bought from others. So we are like, forced to live with other player's decisions.

You are still ignoring the part about competitive aspect. You keep saying it is a "cosmetic" modification, but this feature would be a tool to prevent scouting. How are you going to respond to this?

1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

It is not like we "screwed up". Long time ago we couldn't chose balls, everything was put into pokeball (and it didn't even take a ball out of your inventory too!- at least for a while).

Not to mention, we have no influence over balls which contain pokes bought from others. So we are like, forced to live with other player's decisions.

You are still ignoring the part about competitive aspect. You keep saying it is a "cosmetic" modification, but this feature would be a tool to prevent scouting. How are you going to respond to this?

We need a mystery ball just for you.

On topic, I would give a +1 for this. New update meant new lit balls that we can´t have in our old comps cause they weren´t there

10 hours ago, RysPicz said:

If you're so heavily against scouting, then just make it in PvP Tournament Mode, everyone has only a pokeball that their pokemon are in. 

Just now, Kite said:

If you're so heavily against scouting, then just make it in PvP Tournament Mode, everyone has only a pokeball that their pokemon are in. 

I feel like you are not reading the thread a lot.

On 3.12.2017 at 3:55 AM, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

You can see what ball a player has when they send in a Pokemon, so say you know a player runs x set on a Poke ball but you also know they run y set on a Great ball then you will know what to expect.

Just now, RysPicz said:

I feel like you are not reading the thread a lot.

Your whole argument for the suggestion is "cause people can scout". I already discussed the pokemon you may buy or trade which you can just re breed it. 

Make all the pokeballs the same in tournament mode and no one could scout on pokeballs.

Just now, Kite said:

Your whole argument for the suggestion is "cause people can scout". I already discussed the pokemon you may buy or trade which you can just re breed it. 

Make all the pokeballs the same in tournament mode and no one could scout on pokeballs.

I think you might not understand the depth of the quote. This is a feature which most appeared now in the update to let players show off their balls (lol this sounds wrong) and some stylo, something like your in-battle sprites. Reversing it makes very little sense now, especially in the moment where we received so many new dank looking balls (DUSK BALLS FTW).

I just don't get it, you're all alone trying to argue about something that won't have any impact on you, on the game, on the community itself, unless you're one of the people who sit all day in verm1 and watch battles to scout. Yeah, then that would screw your plans.

This suggestion has no cons at all, only pros- another moneysink, help with OCD issues. Your argumentation makes absolutely no sense, re-breeding a poke because of a different ball is absolutely ridiculous and I hope you're smart enough to realise it- unless you're not a competitive player, which you seem not to be as I haven't seen you in the tournaments at all, then I can fully explain you how much it takes to make a comp poke:

1. Gather the breeders. Keep in mind, that in order to compete these days the poke just needs to be 5x30-31, especially if it runs a certain hidden power. This takes a huge lot of time, effort, money and... pokeballs.

2. Breed them together and pray you will get a lucky nature lol

3. Ev train it

4. Level it

5. Moveset it

6. PP Max it

Do you really believe, that all this should be done just to switch a pokeball, which you yourself called, a "cosmetic change" ?

Your points collide with each other and do not make sense at all.

Also, taking a look back in the PokeMMO history... we got dyes to change the colour of our cosmetics. How would you argue with this? This is also a cosmetic change. Let's go back in time. I got white gloves but I'd prefer them black so @Torinnnnn will love me more. Now I would need to sell my white gloves or just buy a pair of black ones instead of getting a Dye which is a moneysink on it's own?

topkek

I hope this makes the situation clear. I tried to be as reasonable and as little offensive as only possible, however this is not the first time you're being so stubborn and closed for the voices of others that discussing with you sometimes makes me feel like I'm hitting my head on the wall.

I know that people don't like changes, changes are scary and stuff but they are sometimes necessary. If this won't be much of an effort for Devs @Kyu @Desu @Darkshade @Gizmo (I miss this guy) then I don't see absolutely any reason to not to implement it.

15 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I think you might not understand the depth of the quote. This is a feature which most appeared now in the update to let players show off their balls (lol this sounds wrong) and some stylo, something like your in-battle sprites. Reversing it makes very little sense now, especially in the moment where we received so many new dank looking balls (DUSK BALLS FTW).

I just don't get it, you're all alone trying to argue about something that won't have any impact on you, on the game, on the community itself, unless you're one of the people who sit all day in verm1 and watch battles to scout. Yeah, then that would screw your plans.

This suggestion has no cons at all, only pros- another moneysink, help with OCD issues. Your argumentation makes absolutely no sense, re-breeding a poke because of a different ball is absolutely ridiculous and I hope you're smart enough to realise it- unless you're not a competitive player, which you seem not to be as I haven't seen you in the tournaments at all, then I can fully explain you how much it takes to make a comp poke:

1. Gather the breeders. Keep in mind, that in order to compete these days the poke just needs to be 5x30-31, especially if it runs a certain hidden power. This takes a huge lot of time, effort, money and... pokeballs.

2. Breed them together and pray you will get a lucky nature lol

3. Ev train it

4. Level it

5. Moveset it

6. PP Max it

Do you really believe, that all this should be done just to switch a pokeball, which you yourself called, a "cosmetic change" ?

Your points collide with each other and do not make sense at all.

Also, taking a look back in the PokeMMO history... we got dyes to change the colour of our cosmetics. How would you argue with this? This is also a cosmetic change. Let's go back in time. I got white gloves but I'd prefer them black so @Torinnnnn will love me more. Now I would need to sell my white gloves or just buy a pair of black ones instead of getting a Dye which is a moneysink on it's own?

topkek

I hope this makes the situation clear. I tried to be as reasonable and as little offensive as only possible, however this is not the first time you're being so stubborn and closed for the voices of others that discussing with you sometimes makes me feel like I'm hitting my head on the wall.

I know that people don't like changes, changes are scary and stuff but they are sometimes necessary. If this won't be much of an effort for Devs @Kyu @Desu @Darkshade @Gizmo (I miss this guy) then I don't see absolutely any reason to not to implement it.

Of course you wouldn't see me in tournaments. My IGN isn't the same as the forum so for all you do know, I do participate in tournaments. As I already stated, why should the devs put time into this suggestion over the fact a person can make a mistake when breeding. Which is in the OP FYI. Its this reasoning that I am against, since devs shouldn't have to implement a suggestion cause a player fucked up or could fuck up.  Then you're stating you're worrying about scouting in tournaments cause someone can remember a particular pokeball you used (Which btw you can just you know swap your team entirely after every round if you're really worried about it). Which can be fixed a lot easier by making PvP tournament mode use the pokeball as a default sprite. If you don't like a particular pokeball that you bought off GTL, then just rebreed. Yes it puts in more effort, but it is just about the same amount of effort as coding in this suggestion, if not easier. 

The original post has no selling point to me. Simple as that.

Also, if you ever had an argument with me before, you should know it would be pointless. I'm naturally stubborn. 

Edited by Kite
2 minutes ago, Kite said:

Of course you wouldn't see me in tournaments. My IGN isn't the same as the forum so for all you do know, I do participate in tournaments. As I already stated, why should the devs put time into this suggestion over the fact a person can make a mistake when breeding. Which is in the OP FYI. Its this reasoning that I am against, since devs shouldn't have to implement a suggestion cause a player fucked up or could fuck up.  Then you're stating you're worrying about scouting in tournaments cause someone can remember a particular pokeball you used (Which btw you can just you know swap your team entirely after every round if you're really worried about it). Which can be fixed a lot easier by making PvP tournament mode use the pokeball as a default sprite. If you don't like a particular pokeball that you bought off GTL, then just rebreed. Yes it puts in more effort, but it is just about the same amount of effort as coding in this suggestion, if not easier. 

The original post has no selling point to me. Simple as that.

Did you actually read my post? Like, at all?

3 minutes ago, Kite said:

As I already stated, why should the devs put time into this suggestion over the fact a person can make a mistake when breeding.

Because:

11 hours ago, RysPicz said:

15 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

This is a feature which most appeared now in the update to let players show off their balls (lol this sounds wrong) and some stylo, something like your in-battle sprites. Reversing it makes very little sense now, especially in the moment where we received so many new dank looking balls (DUSK BALLS FTW).

It's a feature to help another, already implemented feature and I didn't mention player's mistake here at all. You're not arguing with the OP,  you quoted my post, you're arguing with me and to avoid my arguments and you did not answer a single point I made in the entire post.

5 minutes ago, Kite said:

Then you're stating you're worrying about scouting in tournaments cause someone can remember a particular pokeball you used (Which btw you can just you know swap your team entirely after every round if you're really worried about it). Which can be fixed a lot easier by making PvP tournament mode use the pokeball as a default sprite.

17 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

This is a feature which most appeared now in the update to let players show off their balls (lol this sounds wrong) and some stylo, something like your in-battle sprites. Reversing it makes very little sense now, especially in the moment where we received so many new dank looking balls (DUSK BALLS FTW).

I'm pretty much done here now, trying to argue with a wall is absolutely pointless, or, you're just a troll, or you don't know how to argue with someone. When I make an argument, you make a counter-argument for it.

You say people should pay for a mistake in breeding, we say that in 90% of the time it's not a mistake. You did not give us a counter argument for this

You say we can make all balls in tournament mode as pokeballs, we say that this was an intentional modification from devs. You have failed to address this as well.

I'm done here.