moving to a new ball

ThePrettyPetard

Question

let's say you fuck up the pokeball your pokemon you just spent hundred thousand breeding and it's in a pokeball insted of a luxary or premier ball why would it need to be stuck to that pokeball for it's whole life the same could be said for a pokemon you bought but isn't in a ball you like we should just be able to give the pokemon an new ball and get rid of the last one (to avoid exploit of higher tier ball)

the way to make the change would be simple just go to your bag and click use on the ball you want then use it on the pokemon you want to have a new ball

3 minutes ago, redspawn said:

What's the need for it to be in any specific pokeball? Don't worry the pokemon is fully functional in any. You screwed up the pokeball, well, deal with it, or sell it, it's a human mistake in the end.

well, the fact that luxury balls are an eyesore now is nothing we could have influenced.

i think this is ocd and maybe a bit obsessive, but why shouldnt we be able to be obsessive ocd players? this is a feature some people would like and doesnt take a lot of work to implement. some people just got to mow their lawn to the exact same height for every blade of grass. if it makes people happy why not let them?

40 minutes ago, GodofKawaii said:

maybe add a fee of lets say example: i want to change my luxury ball mon into a premier ball cost: 5 premiere balls

23 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

would prefer a flat fee of say 5k

i don't think there is much need to have a cost to balance this (even if i wouldn't mind to much) the only 2 exploit that could be happeneing is 1 switching to a luxury on happiness evolution pokemon but that would only be an exploit for the wild pokemon (becaus you didn't take the risk of loosing some of these more expensive ball) since we can allready choose the ball of those we breed and 2 switching to a heal ball to heal your pokemon away from the pc but that one can be prevented by disableing that feature for changing the ball i guess there could aslo be the premier ball that you wouldn't need to risk on a wild pokemon but i doubt this would be much of an issue.

I like the idea, but with different purposes.

Before this update, we only need to be aware about scouting with our pokemons Nickname or Gender (or both) - Like 2 Vaporeons, one bulky and another one SPecs, if people tends to know the Female one is bulky and a male one is specs,, they can change their moves with base on that (or be lured in some cases kek)

Now we can see the pokeballs when switching pokes, so people can scout with base on the pokeballs too (tons of people buy comps, and have mixed pokeballs in identical species, so its kinda hard control this kind of scounting (or lure).

Beeing able to change pokeball can fix this

3 minutes ago, Malorne said:

I can already see the issue here. This creates and infinite masterball cycle.
Throw masterball > switch masterball with pokeball > repeat

If that can be somewhat prevented i suppose it can be a visual relief for players with OCD.

getting rid of the original ball is allready part of the base idea btw

8 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

give the pokemon an new ball and get rid of the last one (to avoid exploit of higher tier ball)

1 hour ago, Kite said:

Honestly, pokeballs are only cosmetic. It'd be one thing if a pokeball gave stats to your pokemon. But that isn't the case. If you messed up, you should live with the consequences.

Ummmm... no, pokeballs have different catch rate modifiers as well.

7 hours ago, Akshit said:

I say this be applicable only to bred pokemon... If you threw a master ball at a magickarp, the world should know & you should remember.

if you want people remember you masterballed a karp you could just keep it in it's original ball then noting force you to change it's ball

4 hours ago, Kite said:

Honestly, pokeballs are only cosmetic. It'd be one thing if a pokeball gave stats to your pokemon. But that isn't the case. If you messed up, you should live with the consequences.

i don't really see why that shouldn't allow you to do it with that argument

4 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

if you want people remember you masterballed a karp you could just keep it in it's original ball then noting force you to change it's ball

i don't really see why that shouldn't allow you to do it with that argument

Let's be real, you should be paying attention to what pokeball you're using. If you mess up it shouldn't be the devs to make a fix so you can fix it. The pokeball doesn't change performance and the OP makes it sound like your comp is unusable. 

7 minutes ago, Kite said:

Let's be real, you should be paying attention to what pokeball you're using. If you mess up it shouldn't be the devs to make a fix so you can fix it. The pokeball doesn't change performance and the OP makes it sound like your comp is unusable. 

i almost feel like your agument is limited to: you shouldn't be able to do it becaus it's not in the main game. i don't think you should reject an idea just becaus you don't like change

9 hours ago, Kite said:

35 minutes ago, Kite said:

Ughhh can you stop being so fucking ignorant? It's not like the entire game's economy is going to fuck up because someone used a Pokeball changer, on the other hand, it's another moneysink which can help in balancing. In comp, there are many people who know other players' mons and sets simply off the Pokeball type that is shown (after watching ["scouting"] them a few time). This helps players who might have a disadvantage due to these scouting techniques. It doesn't really have any cons.

Next time think before shtting on your keyboard and clicking post, think about what you are writing. 

15 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Ughhh can you stop being so fucking ignorant? It's not like the entire game's economy is going to fuck up because someone used a Pokeball changer, on the other hand, it's another moneysink which can help in balancing. In comp, there are many people who know other players' mons and sets simply off the Pokeball type that is shown (after watching ["scouting"] them a few time). This helps players who might have a disadvantage due to these scouting techniques. It doesn't really have any cons.

Next time think before shtting on your keyboard and clicking post, think about what you are writing. 

I never said anything about a game's economy. And you say I'm ignorant. Quite ironic lol.