Third Regional Dock

Xatu

Question

Just makes more sense... 1 boat isnt just gonna be going to 2 separate  regions at any time. Having another dock will allow us to run to the proper area and just spam through the text too w/out going to the wrong region.

dock in kanto: third dock

dock in hoenn: to right of dock building

dock in unova: current - kanto

some other one- hoenn

15 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, GeneralVenican said:

does throwing leafs at a rock so hard that it breaks make any sense? no, this is pokemon

Grass reks rocks because plants can grow through rocks, disintegrating them over time.

My suggestion is more than just "making sense". It has an actual gameplay basis which i mentioned in the op.

It allows you to select a dock, by running to it, and spam through text. Avoiding what happens when you have 2+ regions on 1 dock... Which is selecting the wrong region on accident whilst spamming.

It's bit unrealistic that we can go by boat that amount of space in a split of a second. I think we need cruise time depending on which region are you going to. For example Hoenn->Kanto 5h, Hoenn-> Unova 8h, Kanto->Unova 4h(to promote new region) with +/-1h because of currents/storms etc

7 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

It's a cruise liner, it goes around the world.

Haha but 1 boat isnt going to go to one location or the other on demand, if its gonna be like that then its gotta be like how Munya described it haha.

3 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Haha but 1 boat isnt going to go to one location or the other on demand, if its gonna be like that then its gotta be like how Munya described it haha.

It doesn't, in dialogue it asks you where you're going to be disembarking before you board - it is to be assumed that you're on the cruise for it's entire journey up until the location you wish to disembark.

(I wrote it that way for this specific reason).

22 hours ago, Darkshade said:

It doesn't, in dialogue it asks you where you're going to be disembarking before you board - it is to be assumed that you're on the cruise for it's entire journey up until the location you wish to disembark.

(I wrote it that way for this specific reason).

You gotta admit though, one there another region selecting from a list of 3 regions if gonna be mad cluttered, as it is now its annoying and i select the wrong region all the time.   

Also adding another dock gives players the sense of vastness and difference from the vanilla titles.