Bank in the game

jiffilstainty

Do you want a bank in the game? (The bank would be a player).  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a bank in the game? (The bank would be a player).

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

I think Fred might be right.

It'd make more sense for a bank to be  'for profit'--at which you'd be able to borrow money, and return it later (with interest).

With this profit, it would be possible for the bank to pay interest to its 'investors' who deposit money and leave it in there for a long time. (ie when someone deposits money, you can use it to lend to others--and if they need it back, you give them someone else's.)

I'd say your current idea is just limiting and not excessively useful yet. If i really need cash after it's been sitting in there for 3 weeks and you're not online for 12 hours, i'm pretty fucked. It's not more useful than sending cash i'm tryna save to my alt and let it sit there.

That idea will be implemented in the future, when the bank has a large amount in which I can "lend money" to people with interests.
And no ... I always connect.

2 minutes ago, jiffilstainty said:

And no ... I always connect.

It's not possible for you to always be there 24/7 to make withdraws. If you tried, you'd probably die and then everyone would get screwed out of their money. And I think if you can't offer interest or any other incentive, then there's no reason to give money to you. Plus there's the issue of placing any trust in you in the first place.

3 minutes ago, jiffilstainty said:

In that case, the money will be returned to its owners.

With what guarantee? Your word?

Furthermore, your plan to eventually do loans to make a profit is not feasible. In an MMO environment this system never works outside of tight knit groups.

I’m sorry, but there is a large amount of risk associated with entrusting yen to you and I therefore highly suggest fellow players to avoid this.

There’s a risk free alternative, store money in your own alt, and hey same thing!

3 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

It's not possible for you to always be there 24/7 to make withdraws. If you tried, you'd probably die and then everyone would get screwed out of their money. And I think if you can't offer interest or any other incentive, then there's no reason to give money to you. Plus there's the issue of placing any trust in you in the first place.

A bank is always open?
Is not it? Well, now you shut up and stop bothering me.

I will not answer you again.

3 minutes ago, Gilan said:

With what guarantee? Your word?

Furthermore, your plan to eventually do loans to make a profit is not feasible. In an MMO environment this system never works outside of tight knit groups.

I’m sorry, but there is a large amount of risk associated with entrusting yen to you and I therefore highly suggest fellow players to avoid this.

There’s a risk free alternative, store money in your own alt, and hey same thing!

If you have already decided from the beginning, why do you keep talking?
If the idea bothers you or you do not agree, leave the subject and that's it.

I will not respond more to people who complain about the subject.
Only those who have doubts.
A greeting.

Edited by jiffilstainty
1 minute ago, jiffilstainty said:

If you have already decided from the beginning, why do you keep talking?
If the idea bothers you or you do not agree, leave the subject and that's it.

I will not respond more to people who complain about the subject.
Only those who have doubts.
A greeting.

No I will not leave, I am a Community Manager who’s job is to look out for the well being of the community. I’ve seen this idea multiple times in the past across multiple MMO’s; it has never worked.

I can appreciate the thought, but there are more cons than pros when it comes to this idea, I'm not going to stop you or anyone that wants to be ingolved with this, but just know it's an idea that would need a lot more thought behind it to be feasible

To put it bluntly, I don't see this happening. In the first place, you wouldn't be available 24/7. Life will get in the way, making it impossible for all players to obtain their money whenever they need. Secondly, everybody would prefer to simply have their money securely on their own accounts, rather than risk transferring their money to a random user. If you simply left the game, and/or decided to try and scam them out of their money, the staff wouldn't have a reliable log of who traded you what, making it impossible for them to mediate on the matter. So the players would lose all of the money they deposited. Even if you kept a log in "Google Docs"/"Microsoft Excel," there's no way of knowing for sure if what was listed would be 100% accurate. Lastly, assuming you'd have a lot of people even considering to do this, it'd be difficult to keep track of hundreds to thousands of deposit and withdrawal transactions on a daily basis. That'd burn anyone out in an instant.

To make it to where a bank would be useable in-game, it'd have to be done via an NPC. No other method would work. And even then, banks really wouldn't have a big use, since the majority of the players won't hit the money cap (If there even is one. Not sure, myself.) for "PokéMMO." Pretty much the only use a bank would have is a loan system with a cap that wouldn't affect the economy too much (Such as something like 100k - 250k.), with a percentage of the money being paid back into the loan every time you beat an NPC, get money from PayDay, sell something on the GTL, etc.. However, even that has its own issues. Biggest one being that (Setting the loan cap to the side for now.) someone could take out a loan to purchase something expensive from the GTL, only to transfer their purchase to an entirely separate character/account, bypassing the pay-back feature. So as you can see, even that can be easily abused to completely destroy the economy, making it a terrible idea to implement. So, in my personal opinion, the money system is fine how it is, with players managing their money on their own. I hope you find my response useful. :3.

6 hours ago, Cressman said:

What do you mean by a player? An NPC? A player based bank would be a foolish system. The only system like this that is smart is a system like Runescape where an NPC collects and stores your money and it is guarded with a PIN.

Yeah but pins are so hard to forget man, they're 4 numbers. Thats a lot.

Why go through trouble with pins when you can trust this clearly non-scamming young man?

Bro, I think is better make a special NPC to save your money, for example in a specific town will stay the NPC and if you talk with he/she he can save your money and return your money to your taste. In the differents regions: 1 in Kanto, 1 in Hoenn, 1 in Unova.

What do you think about this @Kyu?

Edited by TheBlueExorcist