Why was the removal of Levitate on gengar reverted?

I remember back during PTS that Gengar lost it's levitate ability similar to gen 7+ where it is changed to cursed body

Maybe it was all a fever dream and I am misremembering this happening, but if it did is there any comment as to why we kept Levitate on Gengar in the end?

Was just curious

(Also side note, didn't steel prior to unova not resist Ghost / Dark like with gen 6+? I remember hitting metagross in pokemmo for super effective shadow balls but now steel resists them again like before gen 6, I'm just confused how much of this is me misremembering and how much of it is changes with the introduction of unova.)

3 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Well the Gengar nerf is just stupid, honestly. As for steel types, they lost ghost/dark resist to better balance them in Gen 6, because of the addition of the Fairy type. Since we don't have fairies, there's not much of a need to change steel's resistances. 

Opinions on it are kinda irrelevant to the question, and I understand why it was changed in generation 6 for steel types, my question is mostly: "Was I misremembering" and "Why did you back down on the changes if I am not misremembering"

(Edit: it's an entirely different can of worms but saying a nerf to Gengar is stupid when it was OU for 6 generations in a row and was still OU after the nerf, making that 7 generations in a row seems to make it not a stupid nerf, and shows it may have been a clever decision to make.)

Edited by Matoka
2 hours ago, Matoka said:

I remember back during PTS that Gengar lost it's levitate ability similar to gen 7+ where it is changed to cursed body

Maybe it was all a fever dream and I am misremembering this happening, but if it did is there any comment as to why we kept Levitate on Gengar in the end?

Was just curious

(Also side note, didn't steel prior to unova not resist Ghost / Dark like with gen 6+? I remember hitting metagross in pokemmo for super effective shadow balls but now steel resists them again like before gen 6, I'm just confused how much of this is me misremembering and how much of it is changes with the introduction of unova.)

no, the steel change was never implemented afaik.

As for why Levitate > Cursed Body, it's simply because it's kind of a dumb, unnecessary nerf. That's it. It's just kind of a lame nerf, there's no real reason to implement it, so unless it's necessary by Gengar suddenly becoming OP for some reason (lol), there's no real reason to add it.

42 minutes ago, Toupi said:

Im just waiting for kyu to bust in and announce those are unplanned changes and they will be fixed in the next patch. This is not something out of equation these days :D

It is out of the equation in this case, sorry.