Add Damage Percentages

Toast

Question

Since we have a new meta with more offensive and defensive threats I think we should add damage percentages (similar to showdown). Would be easier to see how much a move does each turn, works on both ends. Ik we can see health % and it definitely helps, but imo only beneficial to see if a move would OHKO or not, but not to see 3hkos, 2hkos, etc etc. Also instead of adding it in another line during a battle, you could add it in that battle chat instead and would utilize that function better

heres a poor ingame example

bc054ece513fb7db8ef51c2fee742aca.png

heres a better real example:

351340e9ad1be2c0666d88d94ebdb541.png

"The opposing Muk lost 29% of its health!"

brings it to 71%, but lefties restores 6%, so it goes to 77%.

much better to see your move do 29% than THINKING it does 23% because of the way it currently works

quick maths

Edited by Toast

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

If we're going to implement this, let's add Team Preview while we're at it. Too many threats now, the game needs it to avoid playing the guessing game and instead rely on good old fashioned skill. 

agreed, especially with the current meta at trap ferro/skarm then proceed to sweep with dragons

Spoiler

@Toast never call me a nerd again

Also, like you pointed out, it is already possible to figure out precisely how much dmg a move dealt by going over the opposing mon's health bar. I agree that it would be convenient to see directly the dmg percentage, but I just feel there are more urgent matters that devs should be working on.