Pokedex information for pokemon you did not catch yet.

Nibero

Question

i want to request to get the summary page fully visible on the pokedex for all pokemon you seen but did not catch yet

why?

Because first of all, it would save me alot of googling.

The pokedex is suppose to be my tool for this kind of stuff, whenever ash saw one he never seen he just flipped out his dex and got all the info he needed from it ( type , and description text) to know how to deal with it. i never had problems with it this in kanto/hoenn because i simply know them all in the back of my head, and in unova i found myself googling alot or visiting serebii to check simple stuff like evolution level, or its typing i truly believe this change would be alot more userfriendly. i hope im not alone in this 0.0

Edited by Nibero

11 answers to this question

I suppose he has a point. It just goes from 'literally zero data' to 'absolutely everything'.

There's almost no difference between 'seen' and 'unseen' aside the sprite.

A minimal amount of data despite uncaught wouldn't be bad. At least enough for 'how do i go about catching this thing'

Edited by Eggplant
23 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

I suppose he has a point. It just goes from 'literally zero data' to 'absolutely everything'.

A minimal amount of data despite uncaught wouldn't be bad. At least enough for 'how do i go about catching this thing'

At the very least I would like to be able to see their base stats, if I am in pvp against a pokemon it's nice to just whip out the pokedex and see what it's speed is for instance to see if I would tie with it, but if you haven't owned that pokemon before I have to open chrome and google it, other details like egg moves / learn set etc etc make sense to be only seen when you have caught the pokemon yourself but I would at least like to see the base stats

9 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you already see where you can catch a pokemon if you have seen but not caught it?

1 minute ago, Bobgod said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you already see where you can catch a pokemon if you have seen but not caught it?

You're right.

In unova it's more like, you will come across pokemon you've never seen, and you just gotta know its type (and if it knows any suicide moves), rather than where to find it--for you're already in battle.

20 hours ago, Nibero said:

i want to request to get the summary page fully visible on the pokedex for all pokemon you seen but did not catch yet

why?

Because first of all, it would save me alot of googling.

The pokedex is suppose to be my tool for this kind of stuff, whenever ash saw one he never seen he just flipped out his dex and got all the info he needed from it ( type , and description text) to know how to deal with it. i never had problems with it this in kanto/hoenn because i simply know them all in the back of my head, and in unova i found myself googling alot or visiting serebii to check simple stuff like evolution level, or its typing i truly believe this change would be alot more userfriendly. i hope im not alone in this 0.0

the idea of it not showing is so that you place some effort and either get the cash to buy the poke or catch it yourself. Stahp being lazy.

But I agree with Eggplant, a tiny bit of info, like where to catch isn't bad at all.

Edited by redspawn
4 hours ago, redspawn said:

the idea of it not showing is so that you place some effort and either get the cash to buy the poke or catch it yourself. Stahp being lazy.

But I agree with Eggplant, a tiny bit of info, like where to catch isn't bad at all.

The pokedex do shows the wild location of the Pokemon you've seen, other information besides that such as Stats wouldn't be bad, however I do want players to fill their pokedexes, that's the main goal of every Pokemon game after all.

let me put it differently.

let me use the ingame pokedex instead of serebii or w/e to still find the information. its not like its top secret information and all im asking is to get the information i would normally google for anyway to display in the pokedex,, it be more userfriendly, and im sure most of u also google stuff when u dont know it instead of relying on dex, stuff like movelists etc could still be hidden untill u catch it