[Tutorial] How to make Music Mod - Johto WIP

Just now, PsyKoPat said:

is it normal that my mod keeps crashing the game ? i took off all the road and town themes but kept like the important ones but it still crashes the game...

yea, that tends to happen nowadays, gotta wait for an update

most of the time i crash when riding my bike, but it can also happen when i change route

6 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Hmm I'm not too sure sorry. I think it's 11 since it's the only bell sound I see but it sounds a different pitch

yea that didn't work, rip

Edited by Eggplant

anyway here are the 3 links of the themes that are left:

the themes in this mod are:

-Inside gym's

-proffessor Birch's lab

-PokeMart and Pokecenter

-Riding bike

-Litteroot town (special music)

-Victory road

-Hall Of Fame

-Safari zone

-all kinds of battles (magma and aqua, Elite 4, champion, and rival !)

-sky pillar/ Mt. Chimney

https://mega.nz/#!2iZ1QYiA!liRhjuOA19ukueqJmH7OelzQUnVwVqJ_SNpckSR_12k

https://mega.nz/#!HnQVgYQC!ZX9QS6sQ0LN-Q-14QmF6F3B4atdDqKE8gAJQEcb2syM

https://mega.nz/#!32Z3kAqZ!ETbj23xK8V2_zySW_VzxnRgq7xV1YDqY_uNoYg4x5nU

36 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

yea, that tends to happen nowadays, gotta wait for an update

most of the time i crash when riding my bike, but it can also happen when i change route

yea that didn't work, rip

Desu prob hiding it on some rando number

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, WolFarmer said:

Hi is it possible to add sound like shiny particle into a music mod? And if it is what the ID of shiny sparkles? (yhea ik its very specific)

i have no idea, i'm sorry, i only knew how to REPLACE music themes (and that a month ago and i already forgot...)

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up making my own music mod and while the music itself plays fine, semi frequently upon changes areas/music tracks the sound will either;

A. Stop playing

B. Corrupt and become a garbled mess

C. Crash the game

do we know WHY these errors occur? I've noticed it's always as soon as a new track is set to start, so I'm assuming it has some sort of issue pulling up the next track. Is there a way to pack this into a .mod or a cleaner way to pack it into a .zip? I've tried different mod sizes with varying amounts of songs but it doesn't seem to make a difference (haven't tried a single song per mod but that might be overkill even if it does work...)
oh also the hoenn surf ID is 365

Edited by Srigimigug
additional comment
58 minutes ago, Srigimigug said:

I ended up making my own music mod and while the music itself plays fine, semi frequently upon changes areas/music tracks the sound will either;

A. Stop playing

B. Corrupt and become a garbled mess

C. Crash the game

do we know WHY these errors occur? I've noticed it's always as soon as a new track is set to start, so I'm assuming it has some sort of issue pulling up the next track. Is there a way to pack this into a .mod or a cleaner way to pack it into a .zip? I've tried different mod sizes with varying amounts of songs but it doesn't seem to make a difference (haven't tried a single song per mod but that might be overkill even if it does work...)
oh also the hoenn surf ID is 365

unfortunately, i'm pretty sure this happens on every music mod atm.

need to wait for an update from the devs to fix these issues. there is nothing wrong with the way we built our mods, just something in the code is broken.

so i tend to play with music mods off nowadays, until it gets fixed.

best way you can contribute is, every time you get a fatal render error / game crash, post your console logs in the support section of the forums, for the devs to get a better idea of how to fix the bug next update.

as for a .mod file, i'm pretty sure you can just rename .zip to .mod and it'll convert.

they are effectively the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue where pokemmo won't recongnize my mod. If I place it in the mods folder, when I launch pokemmo I get a pop up saying "error loading/applying mods remove invalid mod" and then it closes? I'm not sure what I did wrong. All my files are .mp3 and I have an icon.png and a info.xml.

1 minute ago, Eggplant said:

nope. music mods are bugged.

i think the game rolls a chance to crash every time any modded music starts playing.

Big oof.
So far my mod is working minus the battle music.
It's kind of a bummer, but better than not working at all.

2 hours ago, ValiGremory said:

hello, I have a query, I have a problem with the mod, I see a window that says "fatal rendering error" what can be done to stop that error?

There's no real way to completely get rid of it as of right now. However, what you can do is convert all of your mods .mp3 files to .off and that will make the fatal render errors happen only on rare occassions.

• 2 weeks later...

so my MusicMod is working pretty well no error or some shit but if i take the working mod on my android phone its giving me an errormsg and plays the normal music instead is there a thing to do for android?

edit: got some errors now im converting all i hope this will fix it

thx in andvance :)

Edited by Luiiisa
9 hours ago, Luiiisa said:

so my MusicMod is working pretty well no error or some shit but if i take the working mod on my android phone its giving me an errormsg and plays the normal music instead is there a thing to do for android?

edit: got some errors now im converting all i hope this will fix it

thx in andvance :)

I'm sorry, but sound mods currently aren't supported on the android client.
Hopefully one day they will be, though. ^^

• 4 weeks later...

So your saying we can't loop OGG files. Only midi files, But I have a question, how do we test our mods, anytime I try to put a custom mod into the system, it say's "Error important mod, make sure its a valid pokeMMO mod and that its compatable with the current version" then it deletes all my mod files inside the zip folder and makes it an empty zip folder.

• 1 month later...