@Eggplant @linesxd

Platinum music IDs

1000: Mysterious zone

1001: Nothing

1004: Twinleaf town

1005: Sandgem town

1006: Floa

1007: Trostu/Weideburg (Day)

1008: Kahlberg (Outside) Route 225/226/227 (Day)

1009: Erholungsgebiet/Kühnheitsufer/Route 213 (Day)

1010: Jubilife city (Day)

1011: Fleetburg (Day)

1012: Erzelingen (Day)

1013: Elyses/Ewigenau (Day)

1014: Herzhofen (Day)

1015: Trostu/Weideburg (Day)

1016: Schleide (Day)

1017: Sonnenwik

1018: Blizzard

1019: Pokémon league (day)

1020: Battle area/Survival area (Day)

1021: Route 201

1022: Route 203/218 (Day)

1023: Route 205/West-211 (Day)

1024: Route 206 (Day)

1025: Route (Day)

1026: Route East-211 (Day)

1027: Route 216 (Day)

1028: Route 228/229 (Day)

1029: Prof. Rowan's labor

1030: Search for the red Gyarados

1031: Ewigenau

1032: Route 205

1033: Twinleaf town

1034: Sandgem town

1035: Flori

1036: Trostu/Weideburg (Night 2)

1037: Kahlberg (outside) Route 225/226/227 (Night)

1038: Erholungsgebiet/Kühnheitsufer/Route 213 (Night)

1039: Jubilife city (Night)

1040: Fleetburg (Night)

1041: Erzlingen (Night)

1042: Elyses/Ewigenau (Night)

1043: Herzhofen (Night)

1044: Trostu/Weideburg (Night)

1045: Schleide (Night)

1046: Sonnenwik (Night)

1047: Blizzach (Night)

1048: Pokémon league (Night)

1049: Battle area/Survival area (Night)

1050: Route 201

1051: Route 203/218 (Night)

1052: Route 205/West-211/Valley windworks(Night)

1053: Route 206 (Night)

1054: Route (Night)

1055: Route Ost-211 (Night)

1056: Route 216 (Night)

1057: Route 228/229 (Night)

1058: Elyses/Ewigenau (Special)

1059: Route 205 (Special)

1060: Underground

1061: Basis-Fahne geklaut!

1062: Siegesstrasse

1063: Secret melody

1064: Grusel-song

1065: Trio cave

1066: Platz der Treue

1067: Team Galactic 1

1068: Team Galactic 2

1069: Grossmor

1070: Trio lake

1071: Kraterberg

1072: Speersäule

1073: Kahlberg

1074: Cave 1

1075: Cave 2

1076: Pokémon League(inside)

1077: Hall of fame

1084: Prof. Rowans laboratory

1085: Pokémon Center (day)

1086: Pokémon Center (Night)

1087: Gym

1088: Ruhmeshalle

1089: Knursperei/Contest hall

1090: Pokémon Mart

1091: Game Corner

1092: Duellturm

1093: Jubilife city TV station

1094: Secret laboratory (Team Galactic)

1100: Trainer spotted! (Teenager)

1101: Trainer spotted! (Planscher)

1102: Trainer spotted! (Rocker/Policeman/Psychic/Schwarzgurt)

1103: Trainer spotted! (Team galactic grunt)

1104: Trainer spotted! (Umbrella lady/Beauty)

1105: Trainer spotted! (Runemaniac/Explorer)

1106: Trainer spotted! (Gambler)

1107: Trainer spotted! (Angler/Sailer)

1108: Trainer spotted! (Forscher/PKMN-Sammler)

1109: Trainer spotted! (Ass-Trainer/PKMN-Ranger)

1113: Elite four battle!

1114: Champion Cynthia battle!

1116: Wild Pokémon

1117: Gym theme

1118: Trio

1119: Trainer

1120: Team galactic boss: Cyrus

1121: Dialga/Palkia

1122: Champion Cynthia

1123: Galactic Rüpel

1124: Rivale

1125: The god pokémon: arceus

1126: Legendary Pokémon

1127: Pokémon caught

1128: Trainer sighted

1129: Gym leader meeting

1130: Champion Cynthia meeting

1131: Team glactic Commander/Rüpel meeting

1132: Team galctit boss: Cyrus

1133: Elite four meeting

1134: Team galactic Commander: Jupiter/Mars/Saturn

1136: Elite four

1138: No Chase

1139: Rival spotted!

1140: Verbrecher!

1141: Pokémon trade

1144: Dialga/Palkia enters our Dimension 1

1145: Dialga/Palkia enters our Dimension 2

1150: Poké-Radar

1151: Surf song

1152: Bicycle Theme

1169: Knursp-House

1171: Ruhmeshalle 2

1172: Intro

1173: Titlescreen

1174: Wi-Fi 1

1175: Wi-Fi 2

1176: Contest dancing-song 1

1177: Contest dancing-song 1

1178: Contest dancing-song 1

1179: Contest dancing-song 2

1180: Contest dancing-song 2

1181: Contest Price ceremony

1182: Contest Winner

1183: Knurspe backen

1186: Credits

1187: Knurspe backen

Where is "ID 1075: Cave 2" used? I only remember there being only 1 theme for regular caves. Or do Oreburgh Gate and the other caves have seperate ID's from each other?

Edited by Toadstein
On 2/21/2021 at 10:09 AM, Toadstein said:

Where is "ID 1075: Cave 2" used? I only remember there being only 1 theme for regular caves. Or do Oreburgh Gate and the other caves have seperate ID's from each other?

i dunno, if you need to locate a song from a place, go there in the game and write /bgm will tell you what code of song its playing at the moment, but i dunno everything on the list sorry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was attempting to make a music mod on my Mac, but it appears that Mac can't zip files in the correct format that PokéMMO requires. Do you know if there are any software on Mac that would allow me to zip files correctly?

This is the same issue I'm having. 

Edited by XanmanAR
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, XanmanAR said:

I was attempting to make a music mod on my Mac, but it appears that Mac can't zip files in the correct format that PokéMMO requires. Do you know if there are any software on Mac that would allow me to zip files correctly?

This is the same issue I'm having. 

zipping should be a built-in feature into a mac, check out this guide:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/zip-and-unzip-files-and-folders-on-mac-mchlp2528/mac#:~:text=Compress a file or folder,compressed file is called Archive.

both .zip and .mod are acceptable compression formats for a pokemmo mod.

if your compressed folder's extension is successfully .zip and it's still not working, then there's probably an error with your file layout within the mod.

So I don't know where to even begin with this. I looked at the PokeMMO folder in my computer and this is what I see. I checked through all the files and couldn't find anything remotely related to sounds/music. Am I doing something wrong? Do I just make a zip with the correctly-named files and add it as a mod? Where do I begin?

wat.PNG

1 hour ago, EverGreenTaiga said:

So I don't know where to even begin with this. I looked at the PokeMMO folder in my computer and this is what I see. I checked through all the files and couldn't find anything remotely related to sounds/music. Am I doing something wrong? Do I just make a zip with the correctly-named files and add it as a mod? Where do I begin?

wat.PNG

UPDATE: So I created the files manually by editing the "example mod" included with the game and I got it working with .ogg files! ...But I've ran into another problem: The framerate TANKS to 40-30 fps in areas that plays the music I've inserted. Why is this happening and how do I fix this?

3 hours ago, EverGreenTaiga said:

UPDATE: So I created the files manually by editing the "example mod" included with the game and I got it working with .ogg files! ...But I've ran into another problem: The framerate TANKS to 40-30 fps in areas that plays the music I've inserted. Why is this happening and how do I fix this?

That's probably a question for the devs, consider posting in support requests.

But probably either you need better hardware or they need to patch the game.

There's not much customization possible from our end in the mod other than tell the game which file to replace with what.

Idk, or maybe your .ogg files are just immense and there's a way to compress them smaller?

1 hour ago, Eggplant said:

That's probably a question for the devs, consider posting in support requests.

But probably either you need better hardware or they need to patch the game.

There's not much customization possible from our end in the mod other than tell the game which file to replace with what.

Idk, or maybe your .ogg files are just immense and there's a way to compress them smaller?

They are pretty small already and I'm running on a Windows 7 labtop from 2013, so it's probably on my end. Thanks for trying to help though :)

13 hours ago, EverGreenTaiga said:

Running songs will always demand more, even if you just use the original rom's music, try when ziping the mod use "Compression method" None, or No Compress, also you can name your mod as .MOD not .ZIP i dunno if that could help but you can try, also don't overload the mod, 10 songs per region it's Ok but maybe that dosnt affect the FPS anyways... If you have an old PC as you say, i would recomend use a playlist on your phone or something like that and disable all the music, and leave just the effects

Good luck

14 hours ago, budadeth said:

Running songs will always demand more, even if you just use the original rom's music, try when ziping the mod use "Compression method" None, or No Compress, also you can name your mod as .MOD not .ZIP i dunno if that could help but you can try, also don't overload the mod, 10 songs per region it's Ok but maybe that dosnt affect the FPS anyways... If you have an old PC as you say, i would recomend use a playlist on your phone or something like that and disable all the music, and leave just the effects

Good luck

Interesting ideas! I don't think I'm going to try that last option because that would defeat the purpose of modding XD (The music wouldn't switch automatically when entering new areas/battles/events/etc.)

I didn't add many songs either (it's about 13 exclusively in Unova), so I'll try compressing the zip or renaming it as a mod file. I'll update you with the results of my testing.

Though I just wanna say quickly that it's amazing my old computer can run the game in its current state WITH the Unova Followers mod at a constant 60fps. My modding is the only time I noticed the game dipping below 60, so this is quite the technical achievement! Hopefully Johto won't tank the fps, whenever that comes around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Eggplant changed the title to [Tutorial] How to make Music Mod - Updated 2021
On 3/21/2021 at 7:33 PM, Eggplant said:

zipping should be a built-in feature into a mac, check out this guide:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/zip-and-unzip-files-and-folders-on-mac-mchlp2528/mac#:~:text=Compress a file or folder,compressed file is called Archive.

both .zip and .mod are acceptable compression formats for a pokemmo mod.

if your compressed folder's extension is successfully .zip and it's still not working, then there's probably an error with your file layout within the mod.

The built-in Mac compression methods were still not working properly, so as a test, I downloaded this mod, 

I imported the mod, and it was accepted by PokéMMO without any issues. I then uncompressed then recompressed the mod to create a zip file that should be exactly identical to its source. After deleting the original mod from my mods folder and importing the new one, the same error appeared, confirming my suspicion that my Mac is not using the right compression method for creating mods. 

It appears that there aren't very many compression applications for Mac, and all the software I can find result in the same error. Is there anything else I can do?

Edited by XanmanAR
3 hours ago, XanmanAR said:

The built-in Mac compression methods were still not working properly, so as a test, I downloaded this mod, 

I imported the mod, and it was accepted by PokéMMO without any issues. I then uncompressed then recompressed the mod to create a zip file that should be exactly identical to its source. After deleting the original mod from my mods folder and importing the new one, the same error appeared, confirming my suspicion that my Mac is not using the right compression method for creating mods. 

It appears that there aren't very many compression applications for Mac, and all the software I can find result in the same error. Is there anything else I can do?

i'll try to find a friend who has a mac so we can test some stuff.

in the meantime, my first instinct is, are you certain you're actually uncompressing and recompressing properly?

In the sense that directly at the root of the zip there is a sounds folder, info.xml, etc.

and that they're not stored in some middleman folder.

• 1 month later...

The Distortion World is 1190. I'm going through another Sinnoh playthrough as we speak in order to figure out what Giratina's theme is. But I can offer some specifications about this list in case some of the formatting ends up confusing someone:
- Eterna is, oddly enough, not Eterna Forest. I have no clue what "Eterna" is, but I found that "Secret Melody" is used for Eterna Forest. (ID = 1063)
- "Route" is the theme for Route 209. Day ID = 1025, Night ID = 1054)
- "Cave 1" (ID = 1074) is the theme used for the likes of Oreburgh Gate and other miscellaneous cave themes around Sinnoh, whereas "Cave 2" (ID = 1075) is for Oreburgh Mine and Iron Island.
- "Team Galactic 1" (ID = 1067) is used for the Veilstone HQ, whereas "Team Galactic 2" (ID = 1068) is for just about everywhere else those loveable spacemen invade. 
- I'm 99% sure that the "Special" versions of Eterna City and Route 205 are the versions that go unused in the game.

I hope this was helpful!

14 hours ago, ReapersYnergy said:

The Distortion World is 1190. I'm going through another Sinnoh playthrough as we speak in order to figure out what Giratina's theme is. But I can offer some specifications about this list in case some of the formatting ends up confusing someone:
- Eterna is, oddly enough, not Eterna Forest. I have no clue what "Eterna" is, but I found that "Secret Melody" is used for Eterna Forest. (ID = 1063)
- "Route" is the theme for Route 209. Day ID = 1025, Night ID = 1054)
- "Cave 1" (ID = 1074) is the theme used for the likes of Oreburgh Gate and other miscellaneous cave themes around Sinnoh, whereas "Cave 2" (ID = 1075) is for Oreburgh Mine and Iron Island.
- "Team Galactic 1" (ID = 1067) is used for the Veilstone HQ, whereas "Team Galactic 2" (ID = 1068) is for just about everywhere else those loveable spacemen invade. 
- I'm 99% sure that the "Special" versions of Eterna City and Route 205 are the versions that go unused in the game.

I hope this was helpful!

Most certainly helpful! Thanks so much!
I added your clarifications to the main post, I'll just have faith that you're right haha.

I haven't really played mmo in a while but i lurk forums.

6 hours ago, DarkLink203 said:

I downloaded this mod (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1elEO1HPjg0PepRXxF8u_uhYagVhgtNn1), however when I load into the game no music plays, sound effects (Pokémon cries and attacks, etc.) still play.

the "sounds" folder should contain some folders named "0", "1", "2" etc.

in the mod you linked, it looks like the songs are all in the root of the 'sounds' folder.

(this is because it's an old mod, and the "0" folder wasn't necessary way back in 2018)

if you just move all the kanto-related songs in a folder named "0", all the hoenn songs in "1" etc it should work in theory.