All gym leaders have pokemons with quick claw?

This is quite annoying. Every gym leader has 1 or 2 pokemon that outspeeds pokemon it shouldn't be able to. This make power lvling a living nightmare, because i wanna power lvl 3 pokes at once. The problem is that quick claw doesn't just proc once or twice, it procs multiple times per battle. I can't just have EV trained lvl 100 gengar and ttar get 1hko'ed by rng. It makes farming a nightmare, it makes power leveling a nightmare.

Offtopic: I was on 8th hoenn gym, i had to logout because of this, I no longer had pokemons that would win that match, purely out of rng. Now i can't select server, it won't let me, some weird warning pops up. Help?

EDIT: Nvm, i can now. But its quite frustrating how this one issue generated another problem

Edited by Kailido
5 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

The Soothopolis gym leader uses a Drizzle politoed and swift swim pokemon. So that basically doubles their speed.

Where was the rain?

EDIT: Im using Ttar, does drizzle occur under sandstorm?

Edited by Kailido
1 hour ago, Kailido said:

This is quite annoying. Every gym leader has 1 or 2 pokemon that outspeeds pokemon it shouldn't be able to. This make power lvling a living nightmare, because i wanna power lvl 3 pokes at once. The problem is that quick claw doesn't just proc once or twice, it procs multiple times per battle. I can't just have EV trained lvl 100 gengar and ttar get 1hko'ed by rng. It makes farming a nightmare, it makes power leveling a nightmare.

Offtopic: I was on 8th hoenn gym, i had to logout because of this, I no longer had pokemons that would win that match, purely out of rng. Now i can't select server, it won't let me, some weird warning pops up. Help?

EDIT: Nvm, i can now. But its quite frustrating how this one issue generated another problem

the gyms have items, not quick claw random item, but competitive items from what I noticed, scarf, band, specs etc. There can also be speed ties, keep that in mind. The login problems have nothing to do with gyms. There was a patch, which was probably why you couldn't.

45 minutes ago, Kailido said:

fair enough, but i didn't see rain animation

Rain animation isn't working for drizzle (not even the in between "it's raining" text). Only when it stops raining, there's a message again.

This is obviously an annoying bug and would explain your frustration with the gym fight.

33 minutes ago, redspawn said:

the gyms have items, not quick claw random item, but competitive items from what I noticed, scarf, band, specs etc. There can also be speed ties, keep that in mind. The login problems have nothing to do with gyms. There was a patch, which was probably why you couldn't.

this was after the patch, and i was able to login right after the patch, i wasn't when i logged out, but ty

26 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Rain animation isn't working for drizzle (not even the in between "it's raining" text). Only when it stops raining, there's a message again.

This is obviously an annoying bug and would explain your frustration with the gym fight.

That explains it. Thanks a lot. Yeah it's dumb to have pokemon fainting without realising why

EDIT: I still think there's pokes with quick claw. Staraptor in hoenn 2nd gym had no reason to attack first afaik. It does make sense a poke with claws to have that item, so im not too mad about it. It used close combat which doesn't have priority

Edited by Kailido
Just now, Raichu4u said:

Wait... why is it that gym leaders have these items before you the player can actually obtain them?

They called gym leaders for a reason

edit: get gud

Edited by Bluejim
17 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

But in order to have a fair competitive fight against these gym leaders, one would suggest maybe having access to these items that the gym leaders have would make the battle more fair and competitive, yes?

If you've beaten elite four in Hoenn you can buy items such as choice specs, scarf and band in the Battle Frontier for Battle Points.

You can obtain BP by either battling players (PvP) by queuing to a match and winning it through the PvP button (A Master Ball in the lower right part if your screen) or by fighting against the IA in the Battle Tower at the Battle Frontier.