New Leveling cap system has ruined the whole mmo for me

19 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

That's the point. In PokeMMO we don't want players to steamroll the gyms with one lvl100 Pokemon and making this game just a button mashing simulator, which in the vanilla games you're referring to can be done very easily.

Im not asking for a smash button game i get ur point, I asked in a thread some advice to get through the gym im stuck atm and the answers i have got ingolve getting mons i havent seen throug my playtrough so the only option seems to buy them from the gtl. So double useless grind (for money and then yo train them) just to probably trash them at some point later because of the Same situation

The difficulty will increase as you progress but if you find that almost all the NPC Pokemon are able to outspeed you then you should consider leveling them up to the Max obedience or using faster Pokemon.

Currently my lvl cap is 38 and my six mons are stuck at it. Btw i hate the msg saying " (insert the name of a mon) tryed to lvl UP but bla bla bla i guess battles are already slow to slow them even more with useless msgs

Its more to prevent steamrolling in story line than to prepare new players for Pvp

I did that mention because i read the whole post and some1 gave that reason, but i think That's not the real reason, im pretty sure it has to be more to prevent players abusing the game for game currency, poke yens, poke dollars or whatever they are called

All their Pokemon are canon with canon stats but better movepools.

There are many Pokemon that can help you with almost all the Gyms and Elite 4 (like Conkeldurr in Unova) but its up to you what you choose for your journey.

"better movepools" for me means better mons than the player normally would have at that Point in the game following the story (at least is What i think) when as i said before, the mons in the gyms hit faster, and harder even being lower lvl 

If you have any suggestions , use suggestion box for them or old suggestions and put your views in them.

Just wanted to keep ranting about the game, but seriusly a 2x speed would be an improvement

Greetings

The level cap is bad because it doesn't make the game harder.  You can't level just your starter now to beat the game but you can purchase a full 6 poke team of lvl 60's for under 10k and stomp the elite four.  People talk about it not being brainless button smashing, but even the lvl 100 elite four endgame is still brainless button smashing where the only competiton left is someone beating it in 15 minutes instead of 20 minutes or 25 minutes.

What the level cap does do is break the flow of the game.  And this really messes with people that just want to have fun and don't care about difficulty.  

Its just a halfassed solution.  The game is easy because the ai is bad.  Covering that fact up with an obvious flow breaking mechanic that makes people angry isn't a good fix. 

My solution would be to increase all trainer levels along a gradient where it starts normal but by the time you get to the elite four it is naturally level 85-90 then look into matching the experience to that.  That way people aren't salty over being locked out of their pokes.    

1 hour ago, Aard said:

The level cap is bad because it doesn't make the game harder.  You can't level just your starter now to beat the game but you can purchase a full 6 poke team of lvl 60's for under 10k and stomp the elite four.  People talk about it not being brainless button smashing, but even the lvl 100 elite four endgame is still brainless button smashing where the only competiton left is someone beating it in 15 minutes instead of 20 minutes or 25 minutes.

^ Seems like you never tried Lv. 100 E4 in this game.

The game is easy because the ai is bad.  

The ai is alot smarter than in any official pokemon game, so this point makes no sense.

My solution would be to increase all trainer levels along a gradient where it starts normal but by the time you get to the elite four it is naturally level 85-90 then look into matching the experience to that.  That way people aren't salty over being locked out of their pokes.    

How does this make sense? What is accomplished by this? You want everyone to grind for 6 LV. 85+ mons to beat the game? Thats crazy

In short everything i have to say is:

Spoiler

git gud

Edited by EazyDog
5 hours ago, EazyDog said:

^ Seems like you never tried Lv. 100 E4 in this game.

The ai is alot smarter than in any official pokemon game, so this point makes no sense.

How does this make sense? What is accomplished by this? You want everyone to grind for 6 LV. 85+ mons to beat the game? Thats crazy

In short everything i have to say is:

Reveal hidden contents

git gud

I've rematched at least 10 times but the e4 doesn't increase in level for me when I beat it.  I've seen videos of it at lvl 100 and the strategy is just brainless ninjask baton passing.  Takes people 20 minutes.

The ai doesn't ever use priority moves, stat boosting moves, phazing moves, and will get stuck in loops where it switches for no reason only hurting itself.  Could be a lot better.  I would argue the original game ai is better as it at least will use those types of moves even if they are randomly used.

The correct way to play the games that everyone did as a kid was to level one or two pokemon up exclusively and smash their way through the game.  If the gyms and e4 were higher levels this would still be possible but would pose more of a challenge without breaking game flow.  Right now, the fastest way to beat the game is to buy pokemon from the gtl and that's just not a fun way to play. 

I'm not saying the leveling mechanic makes the game hard, if anything it forces the game to be easier.  I'm saying it makes the early game bad.

Edited by Aard
22 minutes ago, Aard said:

I'm rematched at least 10 times but the e4 doesn't increase in level for me when I beat it.  I've seen videos of it at lvl 100 and the strategy is just brainless ninjask baton passing.  Takes people 20 minutes.

I dont know about the problem you have with the levels not increasing but its just natural for the playerbase to develop efficient ways to beat the e4, and that is baton pass. It was banned in competitive because it was too powerful so if you dont want to use it for e4 you will see how much of a challenge it is.

The ai doesn't ever use priority moves, stat boosting moves, and will get stuck in loops where it switches for no reason only hurting itself.  Could be a lot better

They may not use boosting moves but i get bullet punched by the ai frequently atleast in battletower.I think the ai is fine as it is.

The correct way to play the games that everyone did as a kid was to level one or two pokemon up exclusively and smash their way through the game.  If the gyms and e4 were higher levels this would still be possible but would pose more of a challenge without breaking game flow.  Right now, the fastest way to beat the game is to buy pokemon from the gtl and that's just not a fun way to play. 

But as i see, your solution would just cause everyone to put their lv 100 starmies on their alt and steamroll everything.or just buy lv 100s of gtl, which is equal to the situation now, which you want to prevent. Atleast with the current state you have to think about your teambuilding.

Edited by EazyDog
2 minutes ago, EazyDog said:

I dont know about the problem you have with the levels not increasing but its just natural for the playerbase to develop efficient ways to beat the e4, and that is baton pass. It was banned in competitive because it was too powerful so if you dont want to use it for e4 you will see how much of a challenge it is.

They may not use boosting moves but i get bullet punched by the ai frequently atleast in battletower.I think the ai is fine as it is.

But as i see, your solution would just cause everyone to put their lv 100 starmies on their alt and steamroll everything.or just buy lv 100s of gtl, which is equal to the situation now, which you want to prevent. Atleast with the current state you have to think about your teambuilding.

The thing is lvl 100's actually cost a bit of money on the gtl.  Lvl 50's do not.  And my point with the ai is the baton pass thing would be foiled if the ai was allowed to use whirlwind, taunt, or any of the other answers to it.

Mind I remind you before reading this that PokeMMO is still under BETA and is not an emulation of the vanilla games but it tries to provide a different experience.

8 hours ago, Aard said:

The level cap is bad because it doesn't make the game harder.  You can't level just your starter now to beat the game but you can purchase a full 6 poke team of lvl 60's for under 10k and stomp the elite four.

As mentioned above, the main reason for implementing Level Caps is to prevent players from steamrolling. If using an overleveled Pokemon to rush through all the gyms is your defination of easy then it is difficult.

8 hours ago, Aard said:

People talk about it not being brainless button smashing, but even the lvl 100 elite four endgame is still brainless button smashing where the only competiton left is someone beating it in 15 minutes instead of 20 minutes or 25 minutes. 

This is unrelated to the topic as it is not effected by the level caps.

8 hours ago, Aard said:

What the level cap does do is break the flow of the game.  And this really messes with people that just want to have fun and don't care about difficulty.

54 minutes ago, Aard said:

The correct way to play the games that everyone did as a kid was to level one or two pokemon up exclusively and smash their way through the game.  If the gyms and e4 were higher levels this would still be possible but would pose more of a challenge without breaking game flow.

With a good enough team and planning you can easily go through all the gyms without breaking the flow.

Mind I remind you again that this game is not an emulation of the vanilla games but an MMO based on those mechanics.

8 hours ago, Aard said:

Its just a halfassed solution.  The game is easy because the ai is bad.  Covering that fact up with an obvious flow breaking mechanic that makes people angry isn't a good fix.

52 minutes ago, Aard said:

The ai doesn't ever use priority moves, stat boosting moves, phazing moves, and will get stuck in loops where it switches for no reason only hurting itself.  Could be a lot better.  I would argue the original game ai is better as it at least will use those types of moves even if they are randomly used.

I'd argue that this game has a better AI than the vanilla games which was more focused on doing super-effective damage than beating the opponent.

Also the AI is still WIP and being worked on regularly to make it better.

8 hours ago, Aard said:

If you have any suggestions Bump an old suggestion or put a new one. This is not a place to suggest anything.

4 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

If you have any suggestions Bump an old suggestion or put a new one. This is not a place to suggest anything.

That's fair, I got off topic a lot.  The one thing you didn't address is the purpose of the level cap being to increase difficulty.  If that is true, why is buying a full team just under the level cap on the gtl possible?  Isn't that a bigger abuse of cheesing the game than leveling your own pokemon up too high? The way I beat unova was just to abandon my starter and buy a couple of starmies every time the level cap changed for very cheap.  Took about 20k overall to beat the game and it was faster and easier than if I had just leveled up one poke. 

I don't get the logic behind training your pokemon too much being cheesing but just using other peoples pokes and not training at all being fine.

Edited by Aard
6 minutes ago, Aard said:

The one thing you didn't address is the purpose of the level cap being to increase difficulty. 

As aforementioned, The level cap were implemented to prevent players from steamrolling story NPCs with overleveled Pokemon. Its the NPCs themselves that can increase the difficulty curve not the level capping(they do contribute to it).

21 minutes ago, Aard said:

If that is true, why is buying a full team just under the level cap on the gtl possible? 

Players cannot use GTL before getting 4 badges in their first region.

31 minutes ago, Aard said:

Isn't that a bigger abuse of cheesing the game than leveling your own pokemon up too high?

You have grinding in both the cases. Leveling up requires you to beat a lot of Pokemon or you can grind money to buy Pokemon to beat NPCs.

You can argue that if anyone has completed 1 or more region they can easily earn money to buy those Pokemon from GTL. The same thing can be said for Leveling Up Pokemon if you have access to good spots.

Steamrolling makes the game very monotonous and boring and the level caps were implemented to prevent that not to increase the difficulty, better NPCs are there to do that.

48 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

As aforementioned, The level cap were implemented to prevent players from steamrolling story NPCs with overleveled Pokemon. Its the NPCs themselves that can increase the difficulty curve not the level capping(they do contribute to it).

Players cannot use GTL before getting 4 badges in their first region.

You have grinding in both the cases. Leveling up requires you to beat a lot of Pokemon or you can grind money to buy Pokemon to beat NPCs.

You can argue that if anyone has completed 1 or more region they can easily earn money to buy those Pokemon from GTL. The same thing can be said for Leveling Up Pokemon if you have access to good spots.

Steamrolling makes the game very monotonous and boring and the level caps were implemented to prevent that not to increase the difficulty, better NPCs are there to do that.

You can easily earn enough money to buy pokes to steamroll the rest of the game by the fourth gym of the first region.  It was much more monotonous and unnatural not caring about my pokes and sticking them in a box every time they got obsolete than taking on the challenge of beating the game with one poke.  People speedrun emerald and firered in 3~4 hours with one poke.  They obviously have fun doing it.  Even if they didn't its objectively less time being bored than having to mess around on the gtl and waste time switching to type effective pokes in battle.  Policing people's monotonous play is probably a worse reason for the level cap than trying to prevent people from cheesing the game.  People will play the game in as boring or as fun of a way as they choose to and a level cap doesn't really do much about it.

Edited by Aard

Great job in using some of my points and ignoring rest of them.

8 minutes ago, Aard said:

You can easily earn enough money to buy pokes to steamroll the rest of the game by the fourth gym of the first region. 

I won't call it "easily". As aforementioned, both of them include (different types) grinding in them, either yo choose to buy Pokemon or you choose to level them up.

Earning money isn't easy until you beat at least 1 region so if its early game, its better to use your own Pokemon. If you have full access to 1 or more region , you can easily find good Pokemon and level them up in good post game areas. Either way buying Pokemon isn't worth it because if they're cheap, they're not good but if they're good then they aren't cheap.Those Pokemon that you won't be using after you beat all of Post game.

16 minutes ago, Aard said:

People speedrun emerald and firered in 3~4 hours with one poke.  They obviously have fun doing it.

Sure, if you wanna try speed running, you can but I don't think you'll get across that quick. It'll take way more time than that.

19 minutes ago, Aard said:

Policing people's monotonous play is probably a worse reason for the level cap than trying to prevent people from cheesing the game.  People will play the game in as boring or as fun of a way as they choose to and a level cap doesn't really do much about it.

Mind I also remind you that this game is not your regular Pokemon game but a MMO.

Keeping that in mind, level caps do contribute to these mechanic. I don't see any way how it makes the game monotonous or boring. Instead people complaining about them being "difficult" tells otherwise.

You might find level caps monotonous and boring but it looks more like a personal opinion to me than a fact.

This thread was about people telling that why they think level caps made this game difficult for them. While some of your comments do go in that way, the majority of them are trying to tell the opposite and are derailing from the topic.

15 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

Great job in using some of my points and ignoring rest of them.

Sorry if I ignored things.  Wasn't trying to.  These games can actually be beaten really quickly and just because some people find it difficult doesn't mean that's the reality.

As far as the speedrunning, it was actually shorter than I stated:

https://www.speedrun.com/pkmnemerald

https://www.speedrun.com/pkmnfrlg

https://www.speedrun.com/pkmnbw1

If you mean specifically speedrunning in the mmo, I doubt more than an hour or two would be added.  Time might actually be taken off because of the animation canceling mechanic here.

The thread was about someone who had all of their pokemon turned useless by the levelcap retroactively and had to resort to buying stuff on the gtl.  That doesn't seem fun and breaks the flow of the game.  I don't think it makes it more difficult either, just annoying.  That is my opinion on it.

Lastly, the thread isn't about the game being difficult, its about the ingame experience being ruined.  Those are two different things.  Anyway, sorry if you think I'm off topic, but to me all of this is related to the level cap.  I'm sure its here to stay anyway and I already beat all the regions so I'll quit talking about it.  I get the OP's frustration.

I guess one more question.  If someone played the game before the level cap only up to the 3rd gym and leveled all of their pokemon higher than the levelcap, then spent all of their money, would they be softlocked if they rejoined today?

Edited by Aard
1 hour ago, Aard said:

As far as the speedrunning, it was actually shorter than I stated:

https://www.speedrun.com/pkmnemerald

https://www.speedrun.com/pkmnfrlg

https://www.speedrun.com/pkmnbw1

If you mean specifically speedrunning in the mmo, I doubt more than an hour or two would be added.  Time might actually be taken off because of the animation canceling mechanic here.

Yes, I was talking about speedrunning in PokeMMO. I Checked a few of them and saw them mostly using 1-4 Overleveled Pokemon in party (With a box Legendary to sweep Elite 4 in some) and constant spam of  healing items like Full Restore. These tactics won't work here.

1 hour ago, Aard said:

The thread was about someone who had all of their pokemon turned useless by the levelcap retroactively and had to resort to buying stuff on the gtl.  That doesn't seem fun and breaks the flow of the game.  I don't think it makes it more difficult either, just annoying.  That is my opinion on it.

Those are Specific cases (not a part of mechanic or game) which have been addressed by Desu in his post. Most of the old players should have completed all that by now and its not an issue with new players.

This can be many things but it should't make it "monotonous" or "boring" for any player.

2 hours ago, Aard said:

I guess one more question.  If someone played the game before the level cap only up to the 3rd gym and leveled all of their pokemon higher than the levelcap, then spent all of their money, would they be softlocked if they rejoined today?

If for some reason the player has no Pokemon in PC other than his party and has no money at all, then he can be stuck but only if he decides to stay on his own and not to ask for help from anyone.(there are other things that can help the player get out of it but it depends from case to case)

3 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

You might find level caps monotonous and boring but it looks more like a personal opinion to me than a fact.

I can confirm its boring. I was stuck in the 6th gym of hoenn región, i downloaded an app where u assemble a team, then it tells you what are the weaknesses of that team Long story short. Had to capture a geodude and a magnemite, for some reason i wasnt able to find a manectric, anyway 5 hours later (after leveling up geodude and magnemite) i finally beated winona, 2 minutes of satisfaction in return for 5 hours of grinding whooooo! So fun (being sarcastic)

Im interested in the end game features, the breeding thing, probably try the pvp Mode... I dont care about the story Mode. Its boring confirmed

5 hours ago, Aard said:

The way I beat unova was just to abandon my starter and buy a couple of starmies every time the level cap changed for very cheap. 

Im glad i read this, i guess ill do the Same thing once i reach the other to regions. Thanks a lot

Edited by Wickedsham
Grammar
1 hour ago, Lightningvolt said:

most of the old players should have completed all that by now and its not an issue with new players.

Im a New player, and i have to disagree, see my previus msg, And in other of my mgs in this post about this lvl cap thing, while I understand is to prevent players to abuse the game to get game currency through a run. Is not user friendly to the New player. 

Edited by Wickedsham
15 minutes ago, Wickedsham said:

I can confirm its boring. I was stuck in the 6th gym of hoenn región

I have mentioned it many times in this thread already that its not just the level caps alone but the NPCs too.

In your case, your team wasn't good enough to beat Winona.

A better team with a better a better planning could have done it way easily without the need of unnecessary grinding.

1 minute ago, Wickedsham said:

Im a New player, and i have to disagree, se my previus msg,

This thing here talks about players who lost their access to the teams they were training (which has been addressed). Not applicable on you.

7 minutes ago, Wickedsham said:

And in other of my mgs in this post I said lvl cap thing while I understand is to prevent players to abuse the game to get game currency through a run. Is not user friendly to the New player. 

If a player has the vanilla games in mind when he starts playing PokeMMO, it can be difficult to adjust for some players not familiar with the general mechanics of Pokemon.

Treat it more like a MMO in BETA.

52 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

I have mentioned it many times in this thread already that its not just the level caps alone but the NPCs too.

In your case, your team wasn't good enough to beat Winona.

A better team with a better a better planning could have done it way easily without the need of unnecessary grinding.

Well... I started the game i choosed diferent pokemon types and i started playing. The two pokemon i mention are not found in the begining of the game. Lesson learned first I must know what its in the gym before choosing my team. But i doubt. The game is beatable only with planeation, i believe that besides this "good planeation" that obviusly i dont have because im a New player, buying mons from the gtl is involved. 

This thing here talks about players who lost their access to the teams they were training (which has been addressed). Not applicable on you.

Well the tittle of the thread says "New Leveling cap system has ruined the whole mmo for me" the guy Who posted this had his own reasons... Im exposing my reasons. As other have done.

But if its needed i guess each player Who feels something is not right about this level cap system can open a thread if there are different reasons

If a player has the vanilla games in mind when he starts playing PokeMMO, it can be difficult to adjust for some players not familiar with the general mechanics of Pokemon.

Treat it more like a MMO in BETA.

Dont misunderstand me. I know we players sometimes ask for things, we demand, we complain, etc. What you are doing here is nice.

I didnt grow up playing pokemon games. In fact i dislike the cartoon, never saw a episode. I dont care about ash whatever ketchup friendship whit picachu. Untill Last year i was like most of Those ppl of the joke asking "and what pikachu is that" using the term pikachu, to each pokemon.

Last year started playing pogo, got bored of it. Liked the concept, played a bit of emerald runing an emulator on my Android. But it always felt like an incomplete experience. Many times i thought that it sucked that it wasnt possible to play it online. Then i found this and now im complaining on lvl caps lol.

Anyway why im telling you this. I guess many ppl besides me. Always wanted this mp experience. So What you are doing is great. But i guess many ppl that comes here looking for that mp experience. Wants to experiment the breeding thing. The pvp. Not get stuck in story Mode because some cap lvl.

Currently my goal is to Beat the story mode. But at this moment all that boring grinding. All that team switching is boring, and it feels more like a task or a job. Atm im "playing" the game. And i say im "playing" because. Atm beating the story mode is the prerequisite to actually start playing the game. Grinding first for... Idk a good mon to use it to lvl up other mons, to have a good team to farm for game currency, grinding to capture the mons i need to start breeding a good team, grinding to fill the pokedex by actually capturing the mons and not by buying them in the gtl etc... That grinding is actually fun and rewarding and gives the player that sense of accomplishment that is worth grinding for, but grinding to raise a mon some levels just to trash it later in the box, to adjust the team to the New gym leader, villain, Just sucks. 

If at any given moment I have wrote in a Harsh manner is because so far this task I mentioned before, being "playing" instead of playing, has given me some frustration instead of fun.

Take this comments as a retro, and have in mind that while you guys are doing atm is good, it can improve.

Good night 

Edited by Wickedsham
16 minutes ago, Wickedsham said:

buying mons from the gtl is involved. 

Its your choice, not a necessity.

17 minutes ago, Wickedsham said:

Well the tittle of the thread says "New Leveling cap system has ruined the whole mmo for me" the guy Who posted this had his own reasons... Im exposing my reasons. As other have done.

But if its needed i guess each player Who feels something is not right about this level cap system can open a thread if there are different reasons

Maybe I wasn't clear the last time.

I was talking about a specific case which was unintended ,which you were trying to refer as boring. Its different from your case here.

26 minutes ago, Wickedsham said:

Not get stuck in story Mode because some cap lvl.

All that team switching is boring, and it feels more like a task or a job.

If at any given moment I have wrote in a Harsh manner is because so far this task I mentioned before, being "playing" instead of playing, has given me some frustration instead of fun.

Getting stuck and team switching depends on you. If you plan it well , you can do it easily without the need of switching teams regularly and fairly low need of grinding.

28 minutes ago, Wickedsham said:

idk a good mon to use it to lvl up other mons, to have a good team to farm for game currency, grinding to capture the mons i need to start breeding a good team, grinding to fill the pokedex by actually capturing the mons

You can check the guides in the Guide Tavern, they can help with this.

5 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

Its your choice, not a necessity.

At the end of the Day i think it doesnt make too much difference anyway it involves extra grinding to Beat the game. (for money to buy the mons, or to capture and lvl them) 

Maybe I wasn't clear the last time.

I was talking about a specific case which was unintended ,which you were trying to refer as boring. Its different from your case here.

Boring, means boring, its not relative to the situation

Getting stuck and team switching depends on you. If you plan it well , you can do it easily without the need of switching teams regularly and fairly low need of grinding.

You can check the guides in the Guide Tavern, they can help with this.

Just reached 7th gym and guess what? New switching to beat the annoying twins, this time, i just bought two mons (Lucky me i got em cheap and according to prices in the Best scenario i May even end with a profit) and i saved hours of unnecesary grind. But the truth is that playing the game this way is not actually fun. I Wonder how much time im going to use Those two mons i just bought. I wouldnt be surprissed if any of the mons i Currently have has to be swaped once i encounter the next gym, or villain. 

Anyway it seems that this useless grind is almost done. So its ok im getting used to. 

There are a few ppl who record their experiences in PokeMMO. Who knows, maybe one of them will catch on this complaining and record normal playthrough without buying from GTL or other weird stuff you claim is necessity. 

You can complete story without buying single Pokemon and with little to none xp grinding(you need to jump few lvs at the end just because E4 are(were?) real deal).

You are fighting with "best" of Pokemon world and complain you can't sweep them with just one Pokemon? Come on. Is there any game which gives you lots of different options but allows you to smash one button to victory? Because that's what ppl do without lvl cap.

1 hour ago, Wickedsham said:

Boring, means boring, its not relative to the situation

Just an ignorant statement blindly thrown in the discussion without any facts with it.

1 hour ago, Wickedsham said:

Just reached 7th gym and guess what? New switching to beat the annoying twins, this time, i just bought two mons (Lucky me i got em cheap and according to prices in the Best scenario i May even end with a profit) and i saved hours of unnecesary grind. But the truth is that playing the game this way is not actually fun. I Wonder how much time im going to use Those two mons i just bought. I wouldnt be surprissed if any of the mons i Currently have has to be swaped once i encounter the next gym, or villain. 

With a good enough team and planning you can easily go through all the gyms without breaking the flow.

Mind I remind you again that this game is not an emulation of the vanilla games but an MMO based on those mechanics.

7 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

8 hours ago, Lightningvolt said:

*sigh*

49 minutes ago, Toupi said:

There are a few ppl who record their experiences in PokeMMO. Who knows, maybe one of them will catch on this complaining and record normal playthrough without buying from GTL or other weird stuff you claim is necessity. 

You can complete story without buying single Pokemon and with little to none xp grinding(you need to jump few lvs at the end just because E4 are(were?) real deal).

Maybe you can be the one doing that record. That would be really apreciated. And it would show me how wrong i am with facts. And i could learn how you guys do to beat the game in a fresh start in matter of hours assemblng a team from the very begining. 

I never said that its mandatory to buy from the gtl, but the truth is that in the way the story develops you cant pick ur team from the very begining. That would be actually nice.dont know about kanto region but in hoenn every gym imply switching mons in order to not get ripped, at least for a New player... Thats why at some point i said that this lvl crap is not user friendly for the New player. 

As i said in a previus msg i dont care about the story Mode. If i would want to Beat story Mode (With just one mon or with six) i would be doing it on an emulator. Playing 4x times faster, not having to wait for Those slow and repetitive texts and battles this thing has. 

15 minutes ago, Lightningvolt said:

Just an ignorant statement blindly thrown in the discussion without any facts with it.

I guess ur concept of fun and mine are way too different. Just saying. 

Btw im done with this topic. It has been nice. But its getting "grindy" and in consequence boring. At least for me. Dont know if its still fun for you. Have a nice day

2 hours ago, Wickedsham said:

Maybe you can be the one doing that record. That would be really apreciated. And it would show me how wrong i am with facts. And i could learn how you guys do to beat the game in a fresh start in matter of hours assemblng a team from the very begining. 

Maybe I could. It would really be appreciated indeed. Well I doubt it will prove anything since you are so sure you can't beat it normally you probably won't belive and start claiming I'm picking OP mons, this is the only team able to beat region or other weird accusation.

But this doesn't matter, the biggest problem is me spending several hours to prove a point to someone on forum. I don't care that much. I'm trying to tell you, you don't need to waste cash on GTL to get through the story. If you know better then go ahead and feel offended by the game which does not let you skip itself.

As it was pointed several times on this page, this is PokeMMO, not emulator. Handhelds were designed for kids and even kid can beat four elite trainers of the region. Here, they make decision to make it more difficult so ppl will start planing and thinking instead of muscling they way through.