Jump to content

PokeMMO Generation 5 OU Competitive guide [Discontinued]


OrangeManiac

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to OU competetive guide. In this thread the most common movesets for OU Pokemon will be listed to help new players to get a gist of the metagame. Any comments, opinions etc. are welcome.

Dugtrio BST: 425 (35/100/50/50/70/120)   - Dugtrio is the ultimate support Pokemon you want to use if there ever is some Pokemon Dugtrio can trap that causes your team some problems. Na

Mienshao BST: 510 (65/125/60/95/60/105)   - Mienshao is quite an interesting case of a glass cannon Pokemon with an ability Regenerator. This ability recovers one third of the Pokemon's

Thank you so much for this. Please add some other OU builds for: Starmie, Gyarados, Azumarill, Wobbuffet, Scizor, Skarmory, Kingdra, Tyranitar, Pelipper, Torkoal, Salamence, Metagross, Lucario, Mamoswine, Darmanitan, Archeops, Reuniclus, Mienshao, Bisharp, Volcarona)

 

Maybe a list of items, abilities and moves that would be used but aren't implemented yet would be a good idea to add into this guide.

Edited by Imbalance
Link to post
1 minute ago, Imbalance said:

Thank you so much for this. Please add some other OU builds for: Starmie, Gyarados, Azumarill, Wobbuffet, Scizor, Skarmory, Kingdra, Tyranitar, Pelipper, Torkoal, Salamence, Metagross, Lucario, Mamoswine, Darmanitan, Archeops, Reuniclus, Mienshao, Bisharp, Volcarona)

 

Maybe a list of items, abilities and moves that would be used but aren't implemented yet would be a good idea to add into this guide.

Planning to do all of these. This is a little bit of pain to write sometimes as I always do a whole Pokemon at a time and it takes a while. However, pretty sure I'm able to finish most of these during the Christmas break when all my exams in uni are over.

Link to post

I'm bored at work and from what I see, one of my favourite pokemons isn't yet there- I'll try to contribute here a tiny bit :)

 

7eb3d052c60e70f8dc0bb28e6ae8368b.png

 

Bisharp

BST: 490 (65/125/100/60/70/70)

- Bisharp is yet another steel type in the OU metagame, however it has an absolutely unique typing and access to STAB Sucker Punch and Pursuit, which are launched from a 125 base attack. Additionally, Bisharp's movepool is far from shallow, and most importantly- it has an absolutely amazing ability in Defiant, which will punish every user of Defog incredibly hard. Thanks to Sucker Punch, Bisharp is one of few OU steel types which do not get punished by Dugtrio (and can fare against Magnezone due to superior speed).

Spoiler

Swords Dance

 

Nature: Adamant / Jolly

EVs: 252 Speed 252 Attack

Item: Life Orb

Ability: Defiant

 

 

Swords Dance

Sucker Punch

Low Kick/ Brick Break

Iron Head

 

-Standard SD Bisharp set, able to both wallbreak through wallsy teams and plow through offensive ones with +2 orbed STAB Sucker Punch. What else do you want from a pokemon other than being able to plow through any kind of team? Bisharp's dual STAB, backed up by Low Kick or Brick Break brings absolute doom to anything wishing to directly switch-in, so do not set up with this set before seeing if your opponet has a fighting type such as Conk, able to stomach the mentioned Sucker Punch. The only decision goes for Low Kick vs Brick Break- Low Kick murders Ferro, deals more to Skarm but it has less power against Blissey or Chansey than Brick Break does.

 

 

Band/ Scarf

 

Nature: Jolly

EVs: 252 speed 252 atk

Item: Choice Band/ Choice Scarf

Ability: Defiant

 

Pursuit

Sucker Punch

Low Kick

Iron Head

 

If you plan on doing a team which stacks entry hazards, then this kind of Bisharp can be your best friend. Plan is simple: switch it into a defog user, get +2 from Defiant and pick an appropriate move to see things dying. Additionally jolly scarfed Bisharp outspeeds entire unboosted OU metagame, including Dugtrio. Pursuit can punish potential defog users straight away, while +2 banded sucker can demolish entire teams.

 

Defiant when

 

Link to post
10 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I'm bored at work and from what I see, one of my favourite pokemons isn't yet there- I'll try to contribute here a tiny bit :)

 

7eb3d052c60e70f8dc0bb28e6ae8368b.png

 

Bisharp

BST: 490 (65/125/100/60/70/70)

- Bisharp is yet another steel type in the OU metagame, however it has an absolutely unique typing and access to STAB Sucker Punch and Pursuit, which are launched from a 125 base attack. Additionally, Bisharp's movepool is far from shallow, and most importantly- it has an absolutely amazing ability in Defiant, which will punish every user of Defog incredibly hard. Thanks to Sucker Punch, Bisharp is one of few OU steel types which do not get punished by Dugtrio (and can fare against Magnezone due to superior speed).

  Hide contents

Swords Dance

 

Nature: Adamant / Jolly

EVs: 252 Speed 252 Attack

Item: Life Orb

Ability: Defiant

 

 

Swords Dance

Sucker Punch

Low Kick/ Brick Break

Iron Head

 

-Standard SD Bisharp set, able to both wallbreak through wallsy teams and plow through offensive ones with +2 orbed STAB Sucker Punch. What else do you want from a pokemon other than being able to plow through any kind of team? Bisharp's dual STAB, backed up by Low Kick or Brick Break brings absolute doom to anything wishing to directly switch-in, so do not set up with this set before seeing if your opponet has a fighting type such as Conk, able to stomach the mentioned Sucker Punch. The only decision goes for Low Kick vs Brick Break- Low Kick murders Ferro, deals more to Skarm but it has less power against Blissey or Chansey than Brick Break does.

 

 

Band/ Scarf

 

Nature: Jolly

EVs: 252 speed 252 atk

Item: Choice Band/ Choice Scarf

Ability: Defiant

 

Pursuit

Sucker Punch

Low Kick

Iron Head

 

If you plan on doing a team which stacks entry hazards, then this kind of Bisharp can be your best friend. Plan is simple: switch it into a defog user, get +2 from Defiant and pick an appropriate move to see things dying. Additionally jolly scarfed Bisharp outspeeds entire unboosted OU metagame, including Dugtrio. Pursuit can punish potential defog users straight away, while +2 banded sucker can demolish entire teams.

 

Defiant when

 

Is life orb the wise choice to go on sd bisharp? The life orb recoil makes it dead material for scarf magnezone revenge killing it.

248+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 112-133 (80 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Just food for thoughts.

 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

No, I also don't know if it is, it was just a legit question.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood you then, initially I thought your post was like "Hey, doesn't Weavile deserve to be added?" For a legit question I'll give a legit answer.

 

Weavile's main selling point is that it's a Pursuit trapper over Gengar and Reuniclus without having to be choice locked (like Scarf Tyranitar should be). This is what in my opinion Weavile does the best. Weavile has pretty decent coverage over the metagame while only getting really hard walled by Skarmory. Weavile's biggest let down is that priority moves are really common in OU and Weavile doesn't enjoy them at all. Also it is very prone to get even Pursuit trapped by Scizor, despite the resistance for Pursuit but Weavile is defensively so paper. It is by no means horrible Pokemon and could really work in OU games as well but inconsistent and really hard to build around.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Maybe I should change mine for a mamoswine or cloyster, since I am more concerned about dragons and already have stuff to deal with reuniclus.

Mamoswine is like one of the best OUs right now. Absolutely god tier. Cloyster needs kind of good circumstances to set up and is a little bit one dimensional.

Link to post
25 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Why Rock Slide on the uber slow variant?

Because 10>20% chance to fail, and either way 1hits volcarona which is the main check with this ttar I believe.


 

 

3 hours ago, everyxxxxeq said:

would like to choose icebeam or flamethrower/Stealth Rock/Crunch/Rock Slide

 Sassy and Careful Which is better?

I'd use flamethrower or fire blast, this would prevent that scizor gets a free switch in, and hurt thorn heavily aswell. 

Link to post
16 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Because 10>20% chance to fail, and either way 1hits volcarona which is the main check with this ttar I believe.

If that's your logic then why not use Smack Down lel

 

0 Atk Tyranitar Smack Down vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 204-244 (127.5 - 152.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
 
 
This is one soft hitting Tyranitar, so I'd personally try and give it a bit more offense through Stone Edge. If you're afraid of missing, you probably shouldn't be playing Pokemon. 
Link to post
Just now, DoubleJ said:

This is one soft hitting Tyranitar, so I'd personally try and give it a bit more offense through Stone Edge. If you're afraid of missing, you probably shouldn't be playing Pokemon.

I mean, it's always good to have that extra accuracy, I bet you aren't very happy when you fail a key focus blast on something for example, if you can keep a stab with a somewhat usable BP, flinch chance and overall pretty decent accuracy, why not? Personal choices I guess. I do understand what you mean, I just can't see it being a necessity really to risk it for the extra damage on a wall ttar. To each their own.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I mean, it's always good to have that extra accuracy, I bet you aren't very happy when you fail a key focus blast on something for example, if you can keep a stab with a somewhat usable BP, flinch chance and overall pretty decent accuracy, why not? Personal choices I guess. I do understand what you mean, I just can't see it being a necessity really to risk it for the extra damage on a wall ttar. To each their own.

The only instance where the flinch would actually be viable is with a 0 IV and a Trick Room setter. Without that, the list of things that are susceptible to Rock Slide and that you are going to flinch is pretty darn small. Snorlax, Slowbro, and ? Considering the speed, I'd totally take Flinch out of the equation. The only viable argument would be increased PP considering you hope to have some longevity. Regardless, Stone Edge is a lot more viable as a "blind" attack considering it has that enhanced Crit ratio which could actually hurt a switch-in. 

Link to post
Just now, DoubleJ said:

The only instance where the flinch would actually be viable is with a 0 IV and a Trick Room setter. Without that, the list of things that are susceptible to Rock Slide and that you are going to flinch is pretty darn small. Snorlax, Slowbro, and ? Considering the speed, I'd totally take Flinch out of the equation. The only viable argument would be increased PP considering you hope to have some longevity. Regardless, Stone Edge is a lot more viable as a "blind" attack considering it has that enhanced Crit ratio which could actually hurt a switch-in. 

Like I said, to each their own. Aren't you the guy who advices people to run double dancer haxorus? See what I mean? To each their own, I didn't say you're wrong, I just don't find it much of a justification over rock slide, like I said, accuracy matters a lot more than I would like to.

Link to post
1 minute ago, redspawn said:

Like I said, to each their own. Aren't you the guy who advices people to run double dancer haxorus? See what I mean? To each their own, I didn't say you're wrong, I just don't find it much of a justification over rock slide, like I said, accuracy matters a lot more than I would like to.

Yea to each their own, but using "flinch" as an argument on something that doesn't outspeed any viable wall that doesn't resist Rock Slide or outright kill Tyranitar is kinda silly. Also, why defend the argument when the question wasn't directed toward you in the first place? 

Link to post
1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Yea to each their own, but using "flinch" as an argument on something that doesn't outspeed any viable wall that doesn't resist Rock Slide or outright kill Tyranitar is kinda silly. Also, why defend the argument when the question wasn't directed toward you in the first place? 

I didn't use flinch as a argument, I used flinch as a perk to have rock slide, doens't mean you'll see much uses out of it, means it has more uses than just being 75 bp, let's call it a bonus to use it. Which can have some uses even if not many, near none to be fair. I used it to give you an example, you tell double dancer, while nobody will use it most of the time, does that mean it's that horrible? It isnt, it's different per say. Like I said multiple times, the argument here is 80 acc vs 90 acc, in which the latter is better, especially when one of the best switch ins of this ttar is volcarona, plus 134 base atk, thing hits well anyway.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.