UI Resizing

Solist

Question

Hello,

Most windows that I spend a lot of time on (GTL, PC,  inventory, etc) I feel are too small by default. Especially on a system with plenty of screen real estate.

I've been fiddling with the XML files a bit trying to scale these windows, and I was able to improve most of them. However the process was not very intuitive, and I'm not too pleased with the result.

I suggest making all (or at least most) screens scalable like the chat window. I'm not too familiar with that TWL library, but I reckon it supports dynamic window resizes (?). It works with the chat window.

Main reasons for scaling windows:

• Too many items for this small inventory screen. The name filter is a nice improvement, but a bigger visible overview makes it that much easier to work with. This is what I use at the moment. Finding and dragging items is much easier.
Spoiler

9YbYP9S.png

• PC box tabs overflowing the PC window. I feel this arrow navigation is unnecessary and slow to work with.

Spoiler

V6IG3bz.png

Spoiler

VsyGzpC.png

Definitly not perfect, but I like it more than the default (does seem to cause some framerate issues). Perhaps putting tabs on a new line when overflow occurs would work as well.

• GTL listings. Because of pagination I didn't try to fiddle with this (is the pagination adjustable?). Having only 10 items with a ton of pages, refreshing each click, doesn't feel very friendly to work with. I'd like to be able to maximize the GTL screen and fit as much listings as I want/memory can handle.

Couldn't come up with any non-subjective arguments. But I feel making these windows resizable (or more customizable in general) is not a very difficult improvement to implement. And it would make my experience on this game quite a bit more enjoyable.

Cheers

Edit:

To change sizes of windows shown above (please backup /data/themes/default folder before doing so).

/data/themes/default/ui/inventory.xml

Spoiler

o6ojoqK.png

/data/themes/default/ui/pc.xml

Spoiler

Y7UyYAM.png

Edit values between <int> elements with a text editor (notepad, sublime text, etc). The integer values represent amount of pixels afaik.

Edited by Solist

2 answers to this question