Isn't deflation going to happen over time to Pokeyen?

Previously we had ways of generating money that were what prices for Braces and what people sold Everstones for were priced against, these two items are the main corner stones of the economy.
However one is a money sink with fixed price and the other is user priced and traded between players.

We are being encouraged to trade between one another for Pokemon, Everstones, TMs, etc etc and that encourages a healthy economy and I want a healthy economy but wouldn't nerfing the methods of generating cash without tweaking the fixed prices of items lead to big deflation since no major methods of generating pokeyen were added with Unvoa?

The main source of generating money prior to Unova was "Island" runs where you would use Amulet Coin and VS. Seeker to make money by rematching the Seveii Island trainers for a fair sum, this was nerfed quite harsly with Unova which means money is being added to the game far slower yet the demand for things that remove money from the game (TMs, Braces, Pokeballs) etc has gone up due to their required use with the new pokemon in order to catch / breed / make their move sets.

I'm not particularly well learned in economy but if the main sources of adding cash to the game are nerfed, and the prices of things that remove that cash aren't also lowered won't we probably start having the value of the currency go up as less of it will exist, this means that today we can buy roughly 5 everstones for 100,000$ however we may eventually reach a point where it can buy 6 or 7 because people start listing them for lower because people will have less money on them and therefore the demand for everstones won't be high enough where people want to buy them at 20k each.

This is fine on its own as the price of Everstones shifts naturally to match the supply and demand on the server and how much people want to pay, but Breeding braces / Pokeballs / TMs / Breeding gender selection costs -DO NOT- which means proportionally over time breeding as a concept will become more "expensive" relatively to how much pokeyen we have on our character.

If this happens ( i know it is hardly going to be an overnight thing) will we see NPC sold items adjust in price for the new values of Pokeyen?

TL;DR:  Will we gain less Pokeyen now but Lose the same amount in money sinks, over time we'll have less money in general but NPC items don't adjust for that.

Less inflation doesnt equal deflation.

I'm positive the devs have numbers on money faucets and money sinks and keep this as balanced as possible.

A small inflation rate (~1% a month) would be optimal.

VS Seeker did get nerfed, but Kanto Gym rematches compensate for that nerf.

In addition to that, GTL tax has also been reduced by a considerable amount.

Given these two changes,  I believe there's no reason to worry about deflation.

I dunno shit about inflation or economic stuff tbh, but I do wanna address the vs seeker nerf since I see players all over the forums complaining about it. I just updated my NPC rematch guide so we can all see exactly how much each trainer was nerfed. And for the record it's hella work to get all that data everytime payouts change, I hope people don't get discouraged from farming NPC rematches because I'd hate all my work to be for nothing. lol 

Previously, rematching all possible NPCs (NOT including Swimmers, Tubers, and E4) would net you around 975k. Now, it gives around 665k. And that INCLUDES the new Kanto gym rematches. That seems like a big nerf but when you pick out the best paying NPCs it's not as terrible as it seems.

Idk how many people actually followed my "Quick Run" in my NPC guide but it was a routine I made of the best paying NPCs. It use to result in 365k in a little less than 2 hours (usually took me 1 hour and 30-45 minutes). Now it results in 333k...but that's with Kanto gyms added in. So it DOES take little longer now for a little less cash than before, BUT it's only like 30k less for maybe 30 minutes more work (or however long it takes you to defeat the Kanto gym rematches). So I don't think anyone needs to be dramatic about the NPC nerfs anymore because it's really not as bad as it seems. And with new ways to make money in Unova it shouldnt be hard for anyone to make the same amount of income they were before if not more.

So, in regards to the OP, I doubt they will lower the price of any in-game money sinks tbh.  

Edited by Staggiie
added guide link
1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

VS Seeker did get nerfed, but Kanto Gym rematches compensate for that nerf.

it doesnt, more time to less money, time is money, so we still have a lot less money than usual

1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

In addition to that, GTL tax has also been reduced by a considerable amount.

Given these two changes,  I believe there's no reason to worry about deflation.

cute but if simply everyone is making money out of gtl soon enough no one's going to sell anything

I hope people don't get discouraged from farming NPC rematches because I'd hate all my work to be for nothing. lol 

Previously, rematching all possible NPCs (NOT including Swimmers, Tubers, and E4) would net you around 975k. Now, it gives around 665k. And that INCLUDES the new Kanto gym rematches. That seems like a big nerf but when you pick out the best paying NPCs it's not as terrible as it seems.

Never did competitive in Pokemmo so Island Runs are my main way of making money, since the numbers remain okay, it will remain my main way of making money.

Thanks for the guide!