chance to not lose a parent (breeding)

YoshidoriForum

Question

9 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, YoshidoriForum said:

pls

No.

I'll try and explain though.

Breeding in any scenario where you don't lose both parents is bad for the economy.

Why?

Well, let me give you an example of what happens if you were lose to just 1 parent:

Parent 1 (Good IVs) + Parent 2 (Good IVs)

= Baby (Better IVs)

Now in a scenario where you only lose 1 parent, what you end up with is:

Parent 1 (Good IVs) and Baby (Better IVs)

You only bring 'more' into the economy.

No 'mons are taken out, and you just have something better than what you started with - which means that over time, you effectively lower the value of a particular species (because more are being brought into the game on a day-to-day basis, and less are being taken out) and IVs are worth less, because you sacrifice less to obtain them and you can re-use the parent you didn't lose.

Not losing any parents would obviously end up with an even worse economic scenario.

The only way to solve this problem and keep breeding balanced is to have trade away both of the parents for a better child, that way you actually 'lose' something to get something better.

damn you are so serious about this

so even a chance break the whole economy? like...how many people play pokemmo? let's say 2000

half of them (if good) will lose only 1 parent so 1000 "good ivs" are still around ok but i doubt in the second round they will be the same

mmh actually you can do 1 thing, mark a pokemon how many times it hatched

second time it's 25% the third 5% and then boom he dies

My question here is not to return the parents, is to make breed take a little less time than already has. My first thought is something like the shiny breed mechanics. Something to make less grind. You probably going to say: "MMO is grind". Ok and i should tell you that you probably not playing to much mmo these days, because they all(Perfect world, ragnarok...) has decreased the amout of grind.

Obs: English is not my primary language, then, if something is wrong, sorry!

13 hours ago, YoshidoriForum said:

damn you are so serious about this

It is my job to be serious about it, economic balance is an important aspect of any MMO.

so even a chance break the whole economy? like...how many people play pokemmo? let's say 2000

half of them (if good) will lose only 1 parent so 1000 "good ivs" are still around ok but i doubt in the second round they will be the same

Let's assume for a second your numbers are right - that's still a 50% increase of what we had before.

An inflation amount of 50% is going to have a rather large impact on the game, especially over time.

mmh actually you can do 1 thing, mark a pokemon how many times it hatched

second time it's 25% the third 5% and then boom he dies

No, we can't - because that still causes inflation, just at a slower rate than before.

All you're doing is delaying the inevitable.

1 hour ago, Quakkz said:

its almost 2018 and ppl still complain about breeding mechanics... its fine as it is and probably the best we had in years economy wise, its mostly people who arent willed to go deeper into it that say that it sucks

and people who weren’t around for the horror of clonemmo

2 hours ago, Quakkz said:

its mostly people who arent willed to go deeper into it that say that it sucks

well sorry if i find a bit stupid spend so much time and ingame money for a "perfect ivs"

this is just give priority to competitive and not to the actual enjoyment of a game

if you choose that path good for you but im not that kind of player, i usually do a 2x31 + nature\move max an try it for fun

i tried

Edited by YoshidoriForum
dsadas
9 hours ago, Gilan said:

and people who weren’t around for the horror of clonemmo

ahahahaha
i doubt anyone would remember those days like that, at least not when we're talking about actual players.
when i want to experience actual horror, i just have to focus on the idea of ever coming back and starting again from scratch.