Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AQA

Elite 4 totally broken

Recommended Posts

AQA   

what the

 

even with lvl 50 comps its almost impossible to win

 

and with that short story you cant lvl 6 pokes to lvl 50

 

 the players must spend all their money on revives and hyper potions   but will lose till they have no more left

 

but they need the money for breeding

 

and why the hell we must catch that dragon agian  now  we must even buy hyperballs too

 

please lvl down the final a bit  

Share this post


Link to post
Raichu4u   

The price of healing items should be brought down a bit. It's ridiculous that I have to get anxiety to use a healing item in a battle just because I may experience a net loss by the end of the battle.

Share this post


Link to post

I 100% agree. The storyline is hard as fuck. I had to use my OP comps like Ttar, Dragonite and such to beat them. If you are just playing for storyline its almost impossible to beat it.

 

Also revive's cost 3k???? xdxdxd

Share this post


Link to post
razimove   
48 minutes ago, AQA said:

what the

 

even with lvl 50 comps its almost impossible to win

 

and with that short story you cant lvl 6 pokes to lvl 50

 

 the players must spend all their money on revives and hyper potions   but will lose till they have no more left

 

but they need the money for breeding

 

and why the hell we must catch that dragon agian  now  we must even buy hyperballs too

 

please lvl down the final a bit  

Yes it is, I used a lvl 50 mence, and solo'ed with him. Not that hard.

It's a mmo, if you want things to be easy, play the offline version.

Edited by redspawn

Share this post


Link to post
pachima   
1 minute ago, redspawn said:

Yes it is, I used a lvl 50 mence, and solo'ed with him. Not that hard.

It's a mmo, if you want things to be easy, play the offline version.

except you didnt soloed e4 with a lvl 50 non comp salamence.

Share this post


Link to post
razimove   
1 minute ago, pachima said:

except you didnt soloed e4 with a lvl 50 non comp salamence.

yeah it was a comp one, but you're allowed to breed pre-e4, aren't you? Actually is kinda good that they introduce breeding within the story line, cause some have no clue how to breed, so it ends up being a kind of tutorial, and making a 2x31 with nature is what? 60k? That's good enough for the story line, crunch/fly/flamethrower/brickbreak clears it, so you can also use him as your fly slave, trade in dclaw for fly after e4 for when you face events past e4.

Edited by redspawn

Share this post


Link to post
FNTCZ   
1 minute ago, redspawn said:

yeah it was a comp one, but you're allowed to breed pre-e4, aren't you? Actually is kinda good that they introduce breeding within the story line, cause some have no clue how to breed.

So you have to gather a minimun of 250k BEFORE finishing the storyline to build a semi decent comp mence ? kk, gotcha

Share this post


Link to post

I'm doing a "fair" playthrough of the game as in making a vanilla character and playing unova without using gtl stuff or anything.

 

Got rekt by lenora and cheren after badge 6 is also a pain in the ass. Not to mention skyla with permaroost.

 

I can only assume I'll get rekt by e4. INSERT MEME HERE

 

7 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Use a Curselax.

chuj ci w dupe oszust.

Share this post


Link to post
razimove   
Just now, FNTCZ said:

So you have to gather a minimun of 250k BEFORE finishing the storyline to build a semi decent comp mence ? kk, gotcha

60k. like I told previously. which is achievable. And yes, you can easily make 250k before finishing story line. Items are ridiculously overpriced still in unova. 

Share this post


Link to post
pachima   
Just now, redspawn said:

yeah it was a comp one, but you're allowed to breed pre-e4, aren't you? Actually is kinda good that they introduce breeding within the story line, cause some have no clue how to breed.

Dont expect ppl that started this game now to breed a comp salamence just to beat e4 lmao.

I for myself didnt find e4 that hard, but it pretty much forced me to use comps that said people can´t hope to possess yet. Also, since most items you get are untradable, you dont get that many yen to go breed comps like that. I would make first e4 non evd, that would make things much easier, while not too easy cause level cap.

Share this post


Link to post
razimove   
Just now, pachima said:

Dont expect ppl that started this game now to breed a comp salamence just to beat e4 lmao.

I for myself didnt find e4 that hard, but it pretty much forced me to use comps that said people can´t hope to possess yet. Also, since most items you get are untradable, you dont get that many yen to go breed comps like that. I would make first e4 non evd, that would make things much easier, while not too easy cause level cap.

untradable? Plenty are tradeable. I do believe is do-able with a non comp one, just needs to have crunch which he learns, brick break TM, fly HM, dclaw for later, didn't test it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
xStarr   

My goal is to beat the e4 with just 5mons. and without any other mons from another region.

 

And if you don't mind a bit of power leveling, heres what im doing. Using SS in victory road, i get durant hordes and defeat those. (Im using galavatula with discharge specs and its max level cap which is 56) With this i can level one othe rmon with exp share, they get arouns 2k exp. 

Edited by xStarr

Share this post


Link to post
FNTCZ   
10 minutes ago, redspawn said:

untradable? Plenty are tradeable. I do believe is do-able with a non comp one, just needs to have crunch which he learns, brick break TM, fly HM, dclaw for later, didn't test it myself.

So they have to sell all their storyline items then? then they have a comp mence and no tms or items. that should be fun.

 

Btw did your mence use cb/life orb? cuz thats another 100k

 

but all of that is besides the point. Pokemmo breeding system is different that in the original games, and you can't ask a new player to not only learn it, but also to efficiently use to make a budget breed (that I've seen a lot of new players struggle with the concept, 5x31 is at least a more "simple" concept) but you are also asking them to ev train it, moveset it, put an expensive item on it.

 

So new players are forced to have knowledge in: ivs, evs, pokemmo's breeding system, competitive sets, etc. and all of this alone before even finishing the storyline. Ever heard of something called "learning curve"?

 

EDIT: To not fail guilty of critiquizing without proposing a solution, I think increasing the 8th gym level cap would let new players have an easier time in the e4 while using non optimal mons. something likelevel 65. that still means that they have to grind a lot of levels in order to beat an overpowered e4.

Edited by FNTCZ

Share this post


Link to post
pachima   
Just now, FNTCZ said:

So they have to sell all their storyline items then? then they have a comp mence and no tms or items. that should be fun.

 

Btw did your mence use cb/life orb? cuz thats another 100k

 

but all of that is besides the point. Pokemmo breeding system is different that in the original games, and you can't ask a new player to not only learn it, but also to efficiently use to make a budget breed (that I've seen a lot of new players struggle with the concept, 5x31 is at least a more "simple" concept) but you are also asking them to ev train it, moveset it, put an expensive item on it.

 

So new players are forced to have knowledge in ivs, evs, pokemmo;s breeding system, competitive sets, etc. and all of this alone before even finishing the storyline. Ever heard of something called "learning curve"?

Nah man, apparently, he bred comps perfectly the moment he started this game. He also started with a small loan of 1 million dollars, and had every item at its disposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Raichu4u   

I don't know what is the mentality that the first run of the Elite 4 should be super challenging (At least to the extent it is now). The 1st round should be pretty much as close to the vanilla teams in B/W. By the time you're doing rematches is where things should get challenging.

 

If this is how the elite 4 is, then I'm just going to assume my girlfriend who's a complete casual who's playing alongside with me will never beat the game. 

Edited by Raichu4u

Share this post


Link to post
AQA   

another problem is their movesets   all  have  4 attack moves  can and kill u easy

 

and  dat hyperpotion nerf

 

and gimme my dragon back dammit   o.o

Share this post


Link to post
razimove   
4 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

So they have to sell all their storyline items then? then they have a comp mence and no tms or items. that should be fun.

 

Btw did your mence use cb/life orb? cuz thats another 100k

 

but all of that is besides the point. Pokemmo breeding system is different that in the original games, and you can't ask a new player to not only learn it, but also to efficiently use to make a budget breed (that I've seen a lot of new players struggle with the concept, 5x31 is at least a more "simple" concept) but you are also asking them to ev train it, moveset it, put an expensive item on it.

 

So new players are forced to have knowledge in ivs, evs, pokemmo;s breeding system, competitive sets, etc. and all of this alone before even finishing the storyline. Ever heard of something called "learning curve"?

 

EDIT: To not fail guilty of critiquizing without proposing a solution, I think increasing the 8th gym level cap would let new players have an easier time in the e4 while using non optimal mons. something likelevel 65. that still means that they have to grind a lot of levels in order to beat an overpowered e4.

I mean, it didn't use any, used black glasses actually, cause I wasn't sure he'd 2hit cofagrigus with crunch and didn't bring any pvp items with me.
The mence like said, 0/31/0/0/0/31, + atk nature, will work, this takes what? Lets see, 1x31 is 10k, you need 2, so 20k. 2 braces, 40k, maybe everstone and another pokemon with + atk nature, lets say it isn't even a perfect 31 atk or speed, lets atribute 5k value to it, so that's 65k. You get more than that if you don't skip npcs on story line afaik, a lot more tbh. 

Also, like I previously said, I'm actually pretty sure a non comp mence with lets say 15+ atk and +atk nature, will do just fine, as long as he gets brick break, which is a TM you get through story, crunch which he gets at 25 iirc, flamethrower at 50, dclaw which is a TM for later, and previous to dclaw use fly which is a HM.

 

 

10 minutes ago, thevincent said:

i used an ada non comp haxorus with sd and dd, swept e4 kek

 

 

^ this should give you an idea, there's no need for comps, I used cause I had them at my disposal, but there's 0 necessity for that. Improve and adapt.

Share this post


Link to post
Keagle   

Myself and my friend both beat the E4 no problem with no comps. We also didn't revive/hyper potion spam. I think I used 3 revives and maybe 5 Hypers. Decent challange I guess, but easy enough.

Share this post


Link to post

I have ran through the game with non comps multiple times. For example on the PTS I ran through with Samurott/Escavelier/Gigalith/Eelektross/Lilligant/Chandelure (These were all 6x15 and a neutral nature) It was challenging but not unbeatable. There are some tricky pokemon in the elite 4 I agree. But it's definitly beatable with some consumables. Also fair to note that I started with 0 yen. Bought TMs from marts and bought consumables. And I still had like 300k leftover after that. 

 

I think the main issue here is that everyone is so used to the elite 4 being a laughable part of the game. When it is pretty much that in the original games. How PokeMMO currently is, it will prepare people for the future end game. As the story should be a tutorial for players. Yes it's meant to be hard. Because it's the end of the story. 

 

Trust me on this, you don't need comps to beat the e4. The AI tries to predict you. Try predicting the AI from time to time. Also just be prepared enough with some potions and revives.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.