Elite 4 totally broken

AQA

After all thats MMO. GTL is a huge thing and even if you don't know how to breed you can still buy pokes from other people since it's not that expensive. If someone don't want to do so he is simply making his game harder but thats his choice. I was one of the fastest people who finished storyline and i was running with starmie and later salamence. Storyline gives u huge amounts of healing items and even if u run with non comp team it's possible. One of the reason that i see for newbies leaving the game after storyline is huge gap between storyline and competive play. Right now it's more balanced.

Edited by WestTurtle

I get it that the MMO has to deviate from the main games to try and be harder, but why should the Elite 4 round 1 battles be this much considerably tougher? People would have a sound argument if they said we had to use certain comps to beat it for the rematches (which should be considerably harder, don't get me wrong), but having them be this much more difficult just seems unfriendly to casuals who just want to play through the game once.

I'm not sure about Hoenn either, but I'm running through the game on another account in Kanto and I have a well balanced team, yet after the update they decided to make their rematch teams their first teams (For example, Bruno is supposed to just have an Onix for the first try of the Elite 4, he will now always have a Steelix)

Even for some people who are just scrapping by, when it comes to maybe pouring some money into making their Pokemon better, it's laughable at how expensive healing items were before the patch, and how it was decided that some of them needed a nerf.

14 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

I get it that the MMO has to deviate from the main games to try and be harder, but why should the Elite 4 round 1 battles be this much considerably tougher? People would have a sound argument if they said we had to use certain comps to beat it for the rematches (which should be considerably harder, don't get me wrong), but having them be this much more difficult just seems unfriendly to casuals who just want to play through the game once.

I'm not sure about Hoenn either, but I'm running through the game on another account in Kanto and I have a well balanced team, yet after the update they decided to make their rematch teams their first teams (For example, Bruno is supposed to just have an Onix for the first try of the Elite 4, he will now always have a Steelix)

Even for some people who are just scrapping by, when it comes to maybe pouring some money into making their Pokemon better, it's laughable at how expensive healing items were before the patch, and how it was decided that some of them needed a nerf.

Cause e4 is basicly end of the storyline. Why do u expect it to be easy? Staff want player to stay in game after finishing it. If they will set goals harder to achive as a part of story which is considered as tutorial people will not feel this huge difference when they enter competive area.

Edited by WestTurtle

Well that AI has flaws.

I already experience/hear about Simisear yoloswitching on Swampert or Hydreigon yoloswitching on Haxorus Dragon Claw.

It's easy to abuse NPC, especially when you know its team. If you threat him with water type you can be sure he will switch to something that resists water. AI does not take in account that you can predict that and go with Ice move

But yeah, potions/revives are pretty expensive :D

Edited by Toupi

Just make the level restriction 60-65, 56 is ridiculous. What's really the point of having to use a ton of potions and revives? It's not that it's that hard to win the e4, eventually you will do it but it's just stupid to not get rewarded for the time investing preparing pokemon but instead to get rewarded for buying 30 revives-potions.

16 minutes ago, milluki said:

Just make the level restriction 60-65, 56 is ridiculous. What's really the point of having to use a ton of potions and revives? It's not that it's that hard to win the e4, eventually you will do it but it's just stupid to not get rewarded for the time investing preparing pokemon but instead to get rewarded for buying 30 revives-potions.

But u don't have to use so many potions and revives. If u are well prepared it's easy without them. People are used to do e4 in 10min straight after 8th gym and thats just pointless. 

Edited by WestTurtle
4 minutes ago, WestTurtle said:

But u don't have to use so many potions and revives. If u are well prepared it's easy without them. People are used to do e4 in 10min straight after 8th gym and thats just pointless. 

The point is that there are two ways, one buy a lot of potions and steroid your whatever pokemons you have and second invest time and get prepared. With the level restriction being so low the first one is faster and you don't really have to prepare. If you could level your pokemon to 65 or something, people would invest time into leveling. Preparing pokemon just to counter the elite four is always the best option but there is really no actual reward from doing it.

Nobody is also going to mention that these changes don't allow you to use sleeper picks on your team. I desperately wanted to run a Dunsparce on my team for gen 5, but seeing how the Elite 4 and gyms were artificially made harder for no apparent reason, I'm kind of glad I didn't now.

The game is already made harder as it is with AI changes. I don't understand why the first time you challenge the Elite 4 can't just be kept as it is, and leave the challenging parts for rematches. This seems like a fair trade off for both casuals and those interested in competitive for the game. This is pretty much how it was before the update with other regions.

13 minutes ago, milluki said:

The point is that there are two ways, one buy a lot of potions and steroid your whatever pokemons you have and second invest time and get prepared. With the level restriction being so low the first one is faster and you don't really have to prepare. If you could level your pokemon to 65 or something, people would invest time into leveling. Preparing pokemon just to counter the elite four is always the best option but there is really no actual reward from doing it.

Leveling pokemon to 65 is way easier to do  than preparing team at level 56 and you can do it basicly brainless. As i said before it's a tutorial part. E4 is sort of exam if u're ready for further content like pvp or trading. If u decide to spend time on preparing your team u will have great chance to practice before pvp. If u decide to co with huge amount of potions and revives thats just your problem. In this case you are loosing money on pointless things but thats your choice. 

Edited by WestTurtle
17 minutes ago, WestTurtle said:

Leveling pokemon to 65 is way easier to do  than preparing team at level 56 and you can do it basicly brainless. As i said before it's a tutorial part. E4 is sort of exam if u're ready for further content like pvp or trading. If u decide to spend time on preparing your team u will have great chance to practice before pvp. If u decide to co with huge amount of potions and revives thats just your problem. In this case you are loosing money on pointless things but thats your choice. 

How is fighting 6 fights pve back to back preparation for pvp? lol

Anyway, the easiest and most approachable way is just steroiding you pokemon. If you make pokemon just to beat e4 is just a waste of time and resources, at least in the first case is just resources, if the cap was higher you would just have to level your pokemon a little more and not make any to counter them or invest in potions.

Edited by milluki
6 minutes ago, milluki said:

Anyway, the easiest and most approachable way is just steroiding you pokemon. If you make pokemon just to beat e4 is just a waste of time and resources, at least in the first case is just resources, if the cap was higher you would just have to level your pokemon a little more and not make any to counter them.

It requires breeding using gtl and work on team that can counter all e4 opponents. Thats pretty much what pvp is about. You keep bringing out steroids and potions and i'm gonna say this one more time. If u decide to go this way thats simply your own problem.

Edit. Imo making few high level pokes is way more pointless than few good with lower level.

Edited by WestTurtle
2 minutes ago, WestTurtle said:

It requires breeding using gtl and work on team that can counter all e4 opponents. Thats pretty much what pvp is about. You keep bringing out steroids and potions and i'm gonna say this one more time. If u decide to go this way thats simply your own problem.

But there is no logic in calling it a problem. You don't gain anything from beating elite four therefore it's a bad investment if you invest pokemon to beat it. If pvp is someone's goal, it would be better to just beat elite four as fast as possible and actually make pokemon for pvp.

12 minutes ago, milluki said:

Anyway, the easiest and most approachable way is just steroiding you pokemon. If you make pokemon just to beat e4 is just a waste of time and resources, at least in the first case is just resources, if the cap was higher you would just have to level your pokemon a little more and not make any to counter them or invest in potions.

Just thought I would point out that you can take a break after being the Elite 4 part, there is a plasma grunt in the castle that takes you out and will bring you back if you talk to them in the elite 4 healing center.  You don't have to do 6 back to back battles, you can actually specifically prepare for N and Ghetsis.

dude scarf ttar sweeps half the E4 members, and the ones that don't like dark type is easy to beat with any fight type. After I beat 8 gym (with stuff like emboar/Pansage from storyline), I just got 6 lvl 50 comps out and they were all 53-56 when I got to e4. It was pretty easy as long as you bring the pseudo legends or stuff like starmie. 

Also everyone sleeps on the battle items, but those shits are OP. I beat most gym leaders by simply setting up one X speed and one X attack on my emboar and it fucked shit up.i wouldn't be suprised if the E4 fell just as easily.