Speedrunning feature/combat to altrunning. Start region over.

Xatu

Question

When we beat a region allow us to restart it.  Resetting the entire region to the beginning. 

• Eliminates need to make new accounts to alt-run.
  • Allows people to speedrun your game
  • Prestige can award bonuses (special untradable vanities/icons on trainer card) depending on how many times you have complete the region(s).
Edited by Xatu

16 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Xatu said:

When we beat a region allow us to restart it.  Resetting the entire region to the beginning. 

• Eliminates need to make new accounts to alt-run.
  • Allows people to speedrun your game
  • Prestige can award bonuses depending on how many times you have complete the region(s).

Good evening xatu, long time no see, I hope your doing well. We do not see eye to eye on this suggestion and I will counter each of your points:

The reason why we do not need a restart button is because of the following:

• I feel that the staff did a pretty good job at eliminating the need or even making it much harder to make alt accounts. (ie: Gym leaders are much harder in Kanto and Hoenn).
  • There are some people that do not really want to do speedruns, I feel that people would rather profit from alt runs instead of doing speedruns. The developers made it more complicated to do alt runs and it is actually quite costly to make an effective alt run which seriously affects the profit margins. As my grandmother told me, "if you want someone to really feel the pain, go after their pocketbooks." In conclusion, I feel that the developers did just that.
  • Why do we need bonuses after we keep on restarting the game? I think that @Kite already stated a bonus: Re batting gyms and e4 members. If you want to advocate for more after game content, then be my guest, but I do not think that a giant reset button is really needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though I disagree with this suggestion, I still commend you for thinking outside the box.

11 hours ago, Kite said:

Why would we need a prestige at all? I mean this isn't Call of Duty. I mean we can already rematch all Gym Leaders and do the E4 as much as we want as well as face trainers over again out in the world. Like why would this feature be needed?

Eliminates need to make new accounts to alt-run.

Allows people to speedrun your game

Something else to do 

A way to grind money while furthering knowledge of the region and scripted sequences, improving your run. 

10 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

I feel that the staff did a pretty good job at eliminating the need or even making it much harder to make alt accounts. (ie: Gym leaders are much harder in Kanto and Hoenn).

No its really still just as easy and you could easily mail mons from a different account the exact levels/stats you need them

• There are some people that do not really want to do speedruns

So the logic is that since there are some players that arent interested in speedrunning we shouldnt include features that benefit speedrunners?  Wut lol.  Speedrunners should be allowed to run this game without having to make new chars/accounts.  For those not interested.... Dont restart kek.

• I feel that people would rather profit from alt runs instead of doing speedruns. The developers made it more complicated to do alt runs and it is actually quite costly to make an effective alt run which seriously affects the profit margins. As my grandmother told me, "if you want someone to really feel the pain, go after their pocketbooks." In conclusion, I feel that the developers did just that.

Alt run and this suggestion are pretty much the same thing.  @superpichu999 recently posted the prices of all the items in the region and also trainers... It came out to 2.7m.  Seems pretty worth ti to me still seeing as the game could be cleared in 5 hours ez with proper prepared mons like i stated earlier.

• Why do we need bonuses after we keep on restarting the game? I think that @Kite already stated a bonus: Re batting gyms and e4 members. If you want to advocate for more after game content, then be my guest, but I do not think that a giant reset button is really needed.

Upon further evaluation i think the money and items from the region is enough,  I mainly meant the bonus to be like a new icon on your trainer card or something similar. 

Even though I disagree with this suggestion, I still commend you for thinking outside the box.

Idk why youre disagreeing.  My suggestion doesnt even change anything.  People can still alt run right now.  In the process they are shitting up the server with new useless chars and accounts.  There is literally 0 reason there shouldnt be an official form of alt-running.  Also being easily able to speedrun a game is gonna attract speedrunners which means, World record, people competeing for it, and new streamers bringing the game more exposure. 

31 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Eliminates need to make new accounts to alt-run.

Allows people to speedrun your game

Something else to do 

Even though, you can have as many alts as you want and why would you want other people to speedrun your game? And rematching NPCs essentially is giving you something to do. So again why do we need this feature? You're not selling the idea that it is needed since we can already do all these things.

12 hours ago, Kite said:

Even though, you can have as many alts as you want and

Yeah and wasting server resources while doing so. 

12 hours ago, Kite said:

why would you want other people to speedrun your game?

To give the game much needed exposure by having people competing to create a World Record.

12 hours ago, Kite said:

And rematching NPCs essentially is giving you something to do.

NPC rematches isnt even comparable to restarting the region from scratch, in the starting town, 0 badges, etc.

12 hours ago, Kite said:

So again why do we need this feature?

You must have not read my other posts:

1.  Benefits speedrunning community

2.  More content (potentially harder on repeats as well)

3.  Something to do (special vanities if you complete Kanto 10 times etc)

4. New way to grind money without shitting up the server

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

Yeah and wasting server resources while doing so. 

To give the game much needed exposure by having people competing to create a World Record.

NPC rematches isnt even comparable to restarting the region from scratch, in the starting town, 0 badges, etc.

You must have not read my other posts:

2.  More content (potentially harder on repeats as well)

3.  Something to do (special vanities if you complete Kanto 10 times etc)

4. New way to grind money without shitting up the server

1 - Wasting server resources...how about its not wasting server resources when the servers are designed for it? Otherwise you couldn't have alts using the same E-Mail or the Devs would have rules against alts.
2 - The game already has exposure this game is roughly 5-6 years old. I'm pretty sure every pokemon fan has heard of this game. 
3 - NPC Rematches are comparable to restarting a region from scratch cause guess what you have to face them all over again. 
4 - Obviously I have when I have been telling you we can already do these things through other means. You're not selling your suggestion. You haven't given it a reason for it to be needed. That is the issue. 
5 - Something to do? Again Alt Runs is something you can do, or rematch NPCs. Sorry this doesn't offer new content. 

6 - You don't know the server situation so this isn't really an argument for the server. 
7 - So why would you want someone to go on your account to speed run through it? 
8 - There is nothing for a speed runner to gain on PokeMMO since the goal of speed running is completing the game the fastest which means setting world records. Which can only be done by the cartridge version of the game. 

Try again Xatu. You're not convincing anyone that your suggestion is needed or good.

Edited by Kite
Keep forgetting stuff.
54 minutes ago, Xatu said:

A "Speedrunning Community" isn't gonna touch anything other than the pure Cartidges/ROMs, so its fair for all who attempt it. A MMO, particularly this one, is totally unnecessary to a speed-runner and has WAY too many modified components. So unless you mean a specialized "PokeMMO Speed-Runner" community (which doesn't exist btw) , you can stop bringing this point up. Even if such a community existed, along with your proposed feature, I'm sure it would be standard to ignore your idea & start with a completely new character/account to ensure no shortcuts are taken.

On 19/11/2017 at 8:11 AM, Bestfriends said:

Good evening xatu, long time no see, I hope your doing well. We do not see eye to eye on this suggestion and I will counter each of your points:

The reason why we do not need a restart button is because of the following:

• I feel that the staff did a pretty good job at eliminating the need or even making it much harder to make alt accounts. (ie: Gym leaders are much harder in Kanto and Hoenn).
  • There are some people that do not really want to do speedruns, I feel that people would rather profit from alt runs instead of doing speedruns. The developers made it more complicated to do alt runs and it is actually quite costly to make an effective alt run which seriously affects the profit margins. As my grandmother told me, "if you want someone to really feel the pain, go after their pocketbooks." In conclusion, I feel that the developers did just that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You're my new spirit animal.

Kek at speedrunning mmo, it's already niche for big games, who would bother with this one? Besides you can just steamroll any extra runs by getting some sweepers and beating down any NPC while collecting extra items and money that'll impact the economy negatively.

I got a decent laugh from this at least, so thanks for that.

Edited by notmudkip0

I dont want to do it 1 time and you want to restart it and do it again :v

If your idea would be posible a person that finished the region and missclick on "restart" would insult the humanity creator and the game in such a loud voice that could be heard on the space, and also would broke his computer with a hammer.

On November 20, 2017 at 10:12 AM, notmudkip0 said:

Kek at speedrunning mmo, it's already niche for big games, who would bother with this one?

People run rom hacks all the time, thats because its easier to claim a world record when its played less.

Besides you can just steamroll any extra runs by getting some sweepers and beating down any NPC while collecting extra items and money that'll impact the economy negatively.

You act like you cant already do this lmao, except when you do, you waste server resources in doing so. Altrunning is already a thing, this is one of like 2 options to combat it it, the other being strict 1 acnt per ip policy which we all know can be gotten around easily with vpns.