Egg smash / Inferno Incubator (Whatever you want to call it)

pachima

Question

Hai guys. I was doing my first breed when I realized. It makes no sense for us to wait for the egg to hatch for this long.

With 2 new whole generations, we get ourselves hundreds of new comps to breed. With the current breeding scene (Which is actually nice), we are going to need some thousands of eggs. Each egg takes some time for the man to decide to deliver it, and after it, it takes some minutes to actually hatch. The time consumed between this process is too damn high.

I understand hatching times are similar to handhelds, but unlike them, we can´t really put two pokemon there, and spam eggs up to the infinity, and then hatch them all at once. No, we are stuck to one egg at a time, and only if you feel confident, you can actually have 2/3 eggs hatching simultaneously. Also, with this breeding mechanics, we are forced to produced breeders from the scratch for every mon we want to do, unlike the handhelds version.

So, my suggestion is: Don´t change breeding mechanics cause they suit nicely to this mmo, but at least drop the hatching times. Hell, I could even ask for an item to do it, like Egg smash Ocarina, or whatever you want to do, but these waiting times are just killing it and are completely unnecessary.

Pros: Less time to hatch -> Faster Tier stabilization 

Less tedious

More money sinks (I know you guys love these)

Cons: Treason to handhelds (I guess, no1 really cares)

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, pachima said:

Hai guys. I was doing my first breed when I realized. It makes no sense for us to wait for the egg to hatch for this long.

With 2 new whole generations, we get ourselves hundreds of new comps to breed. With the current breeding scene (Which is actually nice), we are going to need some thousands of eggs. Each egg takes some time for the man to decide to deliver it, and after it, it takes some minutes to actually hatch. The time consumed between this process is too damn high.

I understand hatching times are similar to handhelds, but unlike them, we can´t really put two pokemon there, and spam eggs up to the infinity, and then hatch them all at once. No, we are stuck to one egg at a time, and only if you feel confident, you can actually have 2/3 eggs hatching simultaneously. Also, with this breeding mechanics, we are forced to produced breeders from the scratch for every mon we want to do, unlike the handhelds version.

So, my suggestion is: Don´t change breeding mechanics cause they suit nicely to this mmo, but at least drop the hatching times. Hell, I could even ask for an item to do it, like Egg smash Ocarina, or whatever you want to do, but these waiting times are just killing it and are completely unnecessary.

Pros: Less time to hatch -> Faster Tier stabilization 

Less tedious

More money sinks (I know you guys love these)

Cons: Treason to handhelds (I guess, no1 really cares)

Wouldn't this devalue Donator slightly? Doubt many buy donator to hatch eggs, but, I mean slugma + Donator is the fastest way to hatch right now.

Just now, redspawn said:

Wouldn't this devalue Donator slightly? Doubt many buy donator to hatch eggs, but, I mean slugma + Donator is the fastest way to hatch right now.

I mean, all I´m asking is a slight drop in the hatching eggs. Either way, donator still would make it even faster, so I doubt it would devalue those.

1 hour ago, pachima said:

I mean, all I´m asking is a slight drop in the hatching eggs. Either way, donator still would make it even faster, so I doubt it would devalue those.

Maybe donator status can change to higher chances of better IV? Though it doesn't really make a difference but should compensate for the hatch time reduction. 

Example: 30- 80% 31-20% increases to 30-70% 31-30% (Numbers are randomly chose.. Pls do not critise) 

2 hours ago, YettoDie said:

This idea is great, but tbh the hatching is not fully the problem. Waiting for the egg to be able to get picked up is. You're able to do stuff with an egg in your party, tho waiting for an egg is truely time waste. Thus making eggs be created imidiatly would be a huge wonder.

Well, yeah either one or another. I really wouldn´t care which one was to be changed