Doubles

Sand stream, drizzle and drought should be working accordingly. As these were gen 3 moves, tho we had no previous pokemon learn drizzle and drought (no access to groundon or kyogre). Snow warning is only on the snover line, which we currently don't have.

Also if im not mistaken weather was permanent in the BW metagame, here it will be 5-8 turns depending if you have damp rock or the sun variant for it.

Will it also be essential for the PokeMMO metagame, that currently is too early to say as the update hit only 3 days ago and people haven't had the time to create full teams.

The current weather setters are Tyranitar, Hippowdon and Gigalith for Sand Stream.

Pelliper for Drizzle and Torkoal for Drought. Hidden abilities are planned to come out with dungeons, which in my guess will take half a year orso (again my guess).

On 11/18/2017 at 5:11 AM, ClickForVictory said:

I'm new to this game and planning a team for doubles; I am aware that weather was essential to the bw metagame, but is the true in PokeMMO? Are the abilities sand stream, drizzle, drought and snow warning implemented and will they ever be? Thanks for your time

There was a Doubles Official just yesterday with a full set of replays listed in game under the PvP tab in your HUD. Unfortunately for Doubles, several new BW+ moves are yet to be implemented alongside the abilities that still don't work. In addition, previous moves that were crucial to the Doubles metagame, such as Follow Me, are now broken as well. We're all hoping for a quick patch. 

Regardless of that silliness, there was a bunch of matches that were good examples of the new meta. There wasn't much weather this time around, but there were several rain teams used. A couple sand teams were in play, whether intended or not. Overall, balanced offense was the most commonly used theme with Salamence, Dragonite, Gengar, Tyranitar, and Venusaur seeing the most usage from my observations. A few players were able to attempt Trick Room with success, but it certainly wasn't a popular strategy. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.