[Video] Mission Spinpossible

XelaKebert

This is my attempt to beat Unova using a team of only 4 Spinda. My team is below.

SnF5SVX.png

There is nothing special about these Spinda. They are all fresh catches or hatches, I actually purchased 3 of the from the GTL.

The natures from are as follows:

Top left: Adamant

Top right: Rash

Bottom left: Jolly

Bottom right: Lonely

Rules I am following:

• I can only have Spinda in my party unless I need a field move to progress that Spinda cannot learn.
    • Example: Cut for the Dream Yard section
  • I have 5 attempts to beat an important battle, if I fail 5 times I lose the challenge.
    • An important battle is one that I must win in order to progress in the storyline

I will be recording every important battle and linking them here as proof that I only used Spinda.

Videos for you all to enjoy my suffering:

• XelaKebert changed the title to [Video] Mission Spinpossible

Update:

I have added videos to the playlist for Cheren's battle in Striaton City, the Striaton City Gym, Second N Battle in Nacrene City, and Nacrene City Gym. I forgot to hit record when I battled Cheren outside of Striaton City. Rest assured I still used only Spinda. I am currently in Castelia City and have lost to Burgh twice. I will upload a video for that once I either win or lose the challenge. Below is the second video. The rest can be viewed on the playlist in the OP.

I have several more videos to make, at least 8, so expect more in the coming days. I am in Mistralton City facing Skyla and her Forever Roost team. I have added two additional Spinda to my team, with special thanks to the amazing @RacheLucario for one wielding HP Electric, Timid Nature, and good IVs. All of my Spinda except the two newest are capped at level 38 and Skyla has beaten me 4 times. This final run of Skyla will make or break the challenge.

Mission Spinpossible 7 is now up. Until I have gotten the playlist caught up to my current progress I will stop my playthrough so I do not have a huge backlog.

Edit:

I just realized I could schedule the videos to be published on certain days. That being said, I have number 7 up today and the rest of the videos I have ready will follow the schedule below.

26-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

27-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

28-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

29-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

30-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

01-Dec 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

Edited by XelaKebert
Added Publish Schedule
21 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Mission Spinpossible 7 is now up. Until I have gotten the playlist caught up to my current progress I will stop my playthrough so I do not have a huge backlog.

Edit:

I just realized I could schedule the videos to be published on certain days. That being said, I have number 7 up today and the rest of the videos I have ready will follow the schedule below.

26-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

27-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

28-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

29-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

30-Nov 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

01-Dec 8:30am EST |  1:30PM GMT

before xmas u would end the storyline with em? xd

2 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

before xmas u would end the storyline with em? xd

That's the goal. I'm up to Brycen right now. The challenge should be wrapping up within the next couple of weeks.

55 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

what the fuck I was sure that was just a joke

Nope, it's super serious.

Number 8 went live 10 minutes ago. The hi-jinks really start once I get to the battle with Skyla and her forever Roost.

Episodes 9 - 11 are ready. I am working on the battle with Skyla to try and keep the video at about 20 minutes. I have not cut footage out, but I did increase the speed to 200% in the first 4 matches and 150% in the final match due to her heavy stall tactics.

44 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

Is that because a strategy Kaynine and Rachel suggested worked or because I'm still trucking through?

Nop, because few of your actions just hurt my eyes a bit. Instead of encoring the Swanna into roosting so you can setup calm mind and then sweep with HP elec you kept usng snatch and stuff like that for an unknown reason for me, making the entire fight much longer...

Yes I actually did watch the entire video (along with all the other ones). For some reason I find this highly entertaining

Just now, RysPicz said:

Nop, because few of your actions just hurt my eyes a bit. Instead of encoring the Swanna into roosting so you can setup calm mind and then sweep with HP elec you kept usng snatch and stuff like that for an unknown reason for me, making the entire fight much longer...

Yes I actually did watch the entire video (along with all the other ones). For some reason I find this highly entertaining

I honestly didn't think about that at the time. Just wait until you see Brycen and my eventual fight against Iris, the latter of which has yet to take place.

1 minute ago, XelaKebert said:

I honestly didn't think about that at the time. Just wait until you see Brycen and my eventual fight against Iris, the latter of which has yet to take place.

6 spindas against a Vanillish, Cryogonal and Beartic? No sweat, I think Spindas can learn Brick Break ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...