Cancel Button - Singles Battles?

Zymogen

Question

If anything, this is more of a question asking for the reasoning behind the decision to make a cancel button exclusive to doubles and triples. 

Whilst it’s refreshing to see that it’s finally been added to doubles, I find it odd to put the effort into implementing it into something like triples whilst leaving the most-played battle mode excluded. 

Misclicks may happen more in doubles/triples (if anyone even plays triples lmao) - and arguably their sequelae may often times be more significant than in singles due to the nature of the battles - but it’s definitely not uncommon in singles for a match to be lost off the cuff of a muscle twitch. 

This may be deemed as a QoL suggestion, but I personally view it as a significant one at that. 

3 answers to this question

In doubles you can go back because you're yet to complete your sequence of commands.
You didn't send anything to the game server, and hence can take it back.
(Note that once you decide what to do with both mons, you can't take it back.)
I think in battles generally, instead of checking whether both ends are ready, they check on each end individually. 
(Doesn't matter if it is singles or doubles basically, is what I'm trying to say, it is not like they implemented it somewhere and forgot the other)
Means once you make a decision, it gets sent to the server in a packet, that's why you can't take that one back.

This wouldn't be that hard to implement if they have an API, I don't know if they have one implemented for this game. 
They should have one, but should doesn't refer to facts.

Good suggestion, up-voting it, game-play needs this.

Edited by MHkaserz