Make lucky egg great again

WesleytJ

Question

5 answers to this question

On 11/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, Kyu said:

Short answer: Because they are being reworked into different items very soon, and they are too good right now.

Long answer: Items which set the baseline of progression ahead of "default" for an infinite duration, like Lucky Eggs or Amulet Coins, force players to use the items in order to stay at peak economic efficiency, and there is no disadvantage to using them (compared to Abilities, where there is a variety of effects players can choose from to min/max their farming). They make it very hard to balance the game properly, as we can't plan our EXP curve for everyone when you can just add a +50% modifier on everything which is entirely optional, and can be missed by many players. Eventually they will be moved into a usage-based system which is consumable.

On 11/14/2017 at 10:05 PM, Kyu said:

For some of the items, maybe. These 2 aren't the only ones which I'll be taking a look at though.

The Lucky Egg economy of 2012 tells me different (people attach value to whatever is rare in order to display wealth, and this system would be rare/deflationary for Lucky Eggs in particular), but ignoring that, let's assume something like a 250% EXP boost for 1 in-game hour occurs. I think many people would be interested in that kind of buff in order to min/max their farming during their limited playtime.

Edited by Eggplant
1 hour ago, WesleytJ said:

Many threads? I am suggesting something here, that what this forum is for, right? 

On general, I asked why they reduced it ;)

at the same time you created it here, you spammed general discussion with the same subject, so yes, many threads. Either way I kind of agree with you, but give time to time.