Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mnhik

Unova

Update  

80 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like this new update ?



Recommended Posts

I'm gonna kinda miss the amount of easy money I was getting from daily trainer runs, but it's honestly for the better, and there's still plenty of ways to make money.

As for Unova, I'm loving it. I'm especially excited for shiny hunting, because these doctor NPCs are gonna make getting Unova shinies much cheaper. I guess that's the trade off for not having them follow us around.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Haxa said:


As for Unova, I'm loving it. I'm especially excited for shiny hunting, because these doctor NPCs are gonna make getting Unova shinies much cheaper. I guess that's the trade off for not having them follow us around.

Wdym?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Haxa said:

@Suneet You won't need to buy stacks of Leppa Berries to keep Sweet Scent PP in Unova, cause the doctor NPCs heal you.

Thanks for pointing this oversight out to us.

 

edit:  jk, I don't even know if the devs consider this an oversight or not =P

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Haxa said:

@Suneet You won't need to buy stacks of Leppa Berries to keep Sweet Scent PP in Unova, cause the doctor NPCs heal you.

Any spots in particular you've found that are good to hunt hordes  with a doctor nearby? Just curious. 

 

Edit: Quiet Gilman don't blow our cover 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Thanks for pointing this oversight out to us.

 

edit:  jk, I don't even know if the devs consider this an oversight or not =P

I knew better than you guys would oversight something that obvious lol. I consider it a good trade off cause Unova shinies are kinda worth inherently less cause they can't follow.

@RigamortyI've found a few, there's the one directly outside of Nacrene city where you can stand in the grass and they're directly above you, there's one in the Desert Resort where you can run directly to a patch of dirt a few steps away, and there's one in Chargestone Cave, but I'm sure there's more. I hope you're asking to exploit it as well rather than to fix it lol.

Edited by Haxa

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Haxa said:

I knew better than you guys would oversight something that obvious lol. I consider it a good trade off cause Unova shinies are kinda worth inherently less cause they can't follow.

@RigamortyI've found a few, there's the one directly outside of Nacrene city where you can stand in the grass and they're directly above you, there's one in the Desert Resort where you can run directly to a patch of dirt a few steps away, and there's one in Chargestone Cave, but I'm sure there's more. I hope you're asking to exploit it as well rather than to fix it lol.

Iirc there is also a doctor in victory road.

Share this post


Link to post

I love the new seasons effect on the world it looks beautiful. Plus more grass types to use is always amazing, love simisage :)

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/16/2017 at 11:22 AM, Haxa said:

@Suneet You won't need to buy stacks of Leppa Berries to keep Sweet Scent PP in Unova, cause the doctor NPCs heal you.

The NPC docs don't restore PP from what I'm experiencing.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ACHurdles said:

The NPC docs don't restore PP from what I'm experiencing.

They patched it out.

Share this post


Link to post

I have a question and didnt want to post a thread about it. Can i not return to kanto after the 2nd badge? The mom just heals my mons and then says something about wondering what kind of pokemon ill run into.

Share this post


Link to post

over all, yes, but there are things that i don't like. unfinished areas, lack of hidden abilities(yes i know they're in the works,) lack of functioning new gen items, etc.

sort of feel the nerf to doctors around unova was a little heavy handed as well. don't really understand why leppas are so forced when it comes to shiny farming, especially when it is pretty much the only activity for players after completing what is available in unova atm outside of breeding/playing comps. 

general lack of means to make new money is a little off putting as well, as old methods aren't really viable anymore outside of doing daily berry farming.

 

tl;dr version Soon

Share this post


Link to post

The "good rebalancings" made this game too slow to get there when you're a new player. No trainers money, no good experience. 3 regions to finish before u get to the actual metagame. I see the community growing far less than expected for such a big update. tbh I already see only the same ppl around all the time - like, the same ppl from far back before the update.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/16/2017 at 3:03 PM, Haxa said:

I'm gonna kinda miss the amount of easy money I was getting from daily trainer runs, but it's honestly for the better, and there's still plenty of ways to make money.

As for Unova, I'm loving it. I'm especially excited for shiny hunting, because these doctor NPCs are gonna make getting Unova shinies much cheaper. I guess that's the trade off for not having them follow us around.

OH SHIT ! because of you the Devs nerfed the DOCTORS ! OHMYGOD! you mindless kid

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, wonderland said:

OH SHIT ! because of you the Devs nerfed the DOCTORS ! OHMYGOD! you mindless kid

Calm your uguu kid.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, wonderland said:

OH SHIT ! because of you the Devs nerfed the DOCTORS ! OHMYGOD! you mindless kid

As if they wouldn't have found it eventually. Chill your dill, dawg. Besides, I tried to convince them otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post

Only reason I decided to finally join PokeMMO (despite knowing of it's existence for several years.) was the release of Unova, I may decide to visit the other regions later on, not sure. Unova (B/W and B/W2) where my favorite games, out of every pokemon game ever released.

Share this post


Link to post

So im curious if the devs are going to give incentive to play lower tiers or if no one will play because ou is the best way to farm bp on matchmaking. NU only players are going to have a hard time finding matches on matchmaking. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.