Unova

Mnhik

Update  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this new update ?

I'm gonna kinda miss the amount of easy money I was getting from daily trainer runs, but it's honestly for the better, and there's still plenty of ways to make money.

As for Unova, I'm loving it. I'm especially excited for shiny hunting, because these doctor NPCs are gonna make getting Unova shinies much cheaper. I guess that's the trade off for not having them follow us around.

2 hours ago, Haxa said:

As for Unova, I'm loving it. I'm especially excited for shiny hunting, because these doctor NPCs are gonna make getting Unova shinies much cheaper. I guess that's the trade off for not having them follow us around.

Wdym?

3 minutes ago, Haxa said:

@Suneet You won't need to buy stacks of Leppa Berries to keep Sweet Scent PP in Unova, cause the doctor NPCs heal you.

Thanks for pointing this oversight out to us.

edit:  jk, I don't even know if the devs consider this an oversight or not =P

3 minutes ago, Haxa said:

@Suneet You won't need to buy stacks of Leppa Berries to keep Sweet Scent PP in Unova, cause the doctor NPCs heal you.

Any spots in particular you've found that are good to hunt hordes  with a doctor nearby? Just curious. 

Edit: Quiet Gilman don't blow our cover 

11 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Thanks for pointing this oversight out to us.

edit:  jk, I don't even know if the devs consider this an oversight or not =P

I knew better than you guys would oversight something that obvious lol. I consider it a good trade off cause Unova shinies are kinda worth inherently less cause they can't follow.

@RigamortyI've found a few, there's the one directly outside of Nacrene city where you can stand in the grass and they're directly above you, there's one in the Desert Resort where you can run directly to a patch of dirt a few steps away, and there's one in Chargestone Cave, but I'm sure there's more. I hope you're asking to exploit it as well rather than to fix it lol.

Edited by Haxa
12 minutes ago, Haxa said:

I knew better than you guys would oversight something that obvious lol. I consider it a good trade off cause Unova shinies are kinda worth inherently less cause they can't follow.

@RigamortyI've found a few, there's the one directly outside of Nacrene city where you can stand in the grass and they're directly above you, there's one in the Desert Resort where you can run directly to a patch of dirt a few steps away, and there's one in Chargestone Cave, but I'm sure there's more. I hope you're asking to exploit it as well rather than to fix it lol.

Iirc there is also a doctor in victory road.

over all, yes, but there are things that i don't like. unfinished areas, lack of hidden abilities(yes i know they're in the works,) lack of functioning new gen items, etc.

sort of feel the nerf to doctors around unova was a little heavy handed as well. don't really understand why leppas are so forced when it comes to shiny farming, especially when it is pretty much the only activity for players after completing what is available in unova atm outside of breeding/playing comps. 

general lack of means to make new money is a little off putting as well, as old methods aren't really viable anymore outside of doing daily berry farming.

tl;dr version Soon

The "good rebalancings" made this game too slow to get there when you're a new player. No trainers money, no good experience. 3 regions to finish before u get to the actual metagame. I see the community growing far less than expected for such a big update. tbh I already see only the same ppl around all the time - like, the same ppl from far back before the update.

On 11/16/2017 at 3:03 PM, Haxa said:

I'm gonna kinda miss the amount of easy money I was getting from daily trainer runs, but it's honestly for the better, and there's still plenty of ways to make money.

OH SHIT ! because of you the Devs nerfed the DOCTORS ! OHMYGOD! you mindless kid

Only reason I decided to finally join PokeMMO (despite knowing of it's existence for several years.) was the release of Unova, I may decide to visit the other regions later on, not sure. Unova (B/W and B/W2) where my favorite games, out of every pokemon game ever released.

So im curious if the devs are going to give incentive to play lower tiers or if no one will play because ou is the best way to farm bp on matchmaking. NU only players are going to have a hard time finding matches on matchmaking.