How much trouble would you have making a pokeMMO API?

Say I want to make some apps to help mmo players. Like, a damage calc, or a tool to take easy notes in battle, or a tool to intuitively store data about scouts, or whatever.

There are APIs that are just a big database of all pokemon, stats, moves they have, etc. That's kinda what I want to use--except pokemmo is wildly different in many ways, with so many custom changes to base stats, or base power moves, and possibly more to come--to the point I believe I'd have to write my own database.

Which I suppose I could do, but before that, I'd like to take the precaution and ask if it would be a lot of trouble for you guys to just export all that data into an API so i can grab the data i need?

I'm sure other users of the client customization section would find clever use for this too.

Oh yeah. Beyond just pokemon or item data, if you explored this path, you could also make trainer data available for example to make sites like op.gg or overbuff. Maybe even more misc stuff. like there could be a shiny existence tracker to replace that thread. The sky's the limit.

I am sorry but that is not something we are looking into providing and I am not speaking as the authority but I am going to guess that this will take a great deal of development work to create and maintain such an API. There are just other more important things to spend time on and we have a limited amount of time and personnel.  Kyu or Desu can comment if they wish but i would not hold your breath.