Ability to switch back to gen 3 battle style in Kanto/Hoenn

FuzzyRegirock

Question

Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy the custom animations made for this battle style, but I feel as if wild encounters take too long to initiate in Kanto and Hoenn. The gen 5 way of doing it as of now is that it zooms in on the pokemon appearing, then takes time to zoom out on the player throwing the pokeball, the pokeball stays in the air for like a second, then the pokemon comes out and the camera zooms back out then the battle begins. I feel like this greatly hinders activities such as shiny hunting or paydaying; the battles just take too long to start. My suggestion is to have an option to revert back to the wild encounter battle style pre-unova update. 

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy the custom animations made for this battle style, but I feel as if wild encounters take too long to initiate in Kanto and Hoenn. The gen 5 way of doing it as of now is that it zooms in on the pokemon appearing, then takes time to zoom out on the player throwing the pokeball, the pokeball stays in the air for like a second, then the pokemon comes out and the camera zooms back out then the battle begins. I feel like this greatly hinders activities such as shiny hunting or paydaying; the battles just take too long to start. My suggestion is to have an option to revert back to the wild encounter battle style pre-unova update. 

I'm all for this, or they could speed up the initial battle sequence, I'm fine with either.

39 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

I thought this myself, but I'm told the actual time is exactly the same - the animation just feels slower.

2 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I thought this myself, but I'm told the actual time is exactly the same - the animation just feels slower.

I beg to disagree, the process felt SO much faster without all these extra animations. As far as I can remember from yesterday, the pokemon would slide into appearance then do a cry as the "WILD POKEMON APPEARS" appears, then the choices as to what to do what appear immediately after. I find it very hard to believe that both battle animations take the same amount of time.