They ruined everything, an update that seemed good.

Why does the Kanto elite 4 have access to Johto Pokemon for the first time you battle them now if you as a player can't even get them? I did one Elite 4 attempt a day before the patch, lost it and figured I could come back the next day, and now the entire Elite 4 round 1 has a harder team.

This would make a whole lot more sense if their teams were only touched for rematches. As of right now my girlfriend has pretty much quit completing Kanto because the Elite 4 literally got that much harder overnight.

16 hours ago, Ninkyo said:

whats your point? Everything can be fixed with a change of numbers, they could give 10 billions pokeyen to everyone if they wished to ? Right now, it's bad. They added new animations and removed a few, broke the trainers for no real reason. The only pros is a new region which is already playable for free through an emu >_> or via gameboy for 40$

What are you talking about? Not everything can be fixed with a change of numbers. To give you a few examples: If 1/3 of the moves didn't work what would changing numbers do? If you couldn't leave the starting town what would changing numbers do? If the game would wipe your save games every two weeks, what would changing numbers do? Nothing

They added a whole lot of content that goes way past "a change of numbers". If you think it's as easy as just loading the rom into the game and if you don't think there is any advantage of playing the game as an mmo instead of alone on an emu then why on earth are you on Pokemmo to begin with instead of playing all the pokemon games on an emu by yourself?

To answer your first question: My point is that to think that a reduction of payouts from NPCs of 50% at max even comes close to outweighing the implementation of a whole new region with hundreds of new Pokemon and updating the old regions to gen 5 in terms of value to the game you have to be uneducated enough to think that implementing a new region is little work while nerfing payouts is an irreversible thing that will kill off the whole game.

On 11/15/2017 at 6:20 PM, Lazaro23 said:

Chill bra, you got new game content, you get to play the game in 3D, they added new-gen items, movesets, species, abilities, TMs, tutors, evolutions, etc.
Of course there may be some cons, and that's why suggestion threads exist, if your suggestion is fair enough, they would consider it as this is not the final version of the game and improvements always occur.

At least give them some credits for their hard work.

Not tutors kappa

18 hours ago, Kyu said:

We want to focus rewards on harder content, so that players can develop their skills against AI in order to later participate in dungeons / PvP. This means the majority of rewards are going to be focused on "end-game" NPCs like the Trainer Tower, Gym Leaders, and the Elite 4. While these aren't scaled perfectly at the moment (BP instances are being reworked in the coming weeks, and Gym Leaders are currently a little too hard for my tastes although they're also receiving a ~15% buff on rematches)

To be honest, I had fun doing Gym Re-battling after my first run against them(after the update), which I had no idea of what I was facing.

They are challenging than the way they used to, which would always ends in 3-7 turns for me.

The only thing which made me rather disappoint is the paid out.

The payouts is increased, per hour while the payout per battle is reduced.

However, for those people like me who tends to do the re-battling about the same time daily, the payout rate is actually decreased, since we do not benefit from the "shortened cool down".

4 minutes ago, romanticmisery said:

Basic economics don't dictate that, because of the decreased payout the GTL market prices will go down as well to match? I'm just wondering.

Not necessarily. With a whole new storyline it’s not unreasonable to think that newbies that normally quit after they complete the storylines will now be in the game longer for about +50% more of the time. As a result, they will have more opportunity to spend their storyline yen which gets injected into the economy. This effect could very well offset the decreased payouts.

Furthermore, there might be a way to acheive the yen generation level that we had before that we just haven’t figured out yet.

All I know is that the devs have their finger on the pulse of the statistics of this game, whereas we can only speculate. So if they decreased the payouts, it wasn’t for a willy nilly reason.

Stupid question but here it goes : i use a Xbox 360 controller to play the game and it has always workled. with this new version, it ceased to do so. its recognized on the menu as a supported device  - XBOX CONTROLLER 1 - but when i try to use it in game, it doesnt respond. can you guys help me?

55 minutes ago, romanticmisery said:

Stupid question but here it goes : i use a Xbox 360 controller to play the game and it has always workled. with this new version, it ceased to do so. its recognized on the menu as a supported device  - XBOX CONTROLLER 1 - but when i try to use it in game, it doesnt respond. can you guys help me?

Please make a support request here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/47-support-request/

so that a support mod can help you out.

6 hours ago, Gilan said:

Not necessarily. With a whole new storyline it’s not unreasonable to think that newbies that normally quit after they complete the storylines will now be in the game longer for about +50% more of the time. As a result, they will have more opportunity to spend their storyline yen which gets injected into the economy. This effect could very well offset the decreased payouts.

Furthermore, there might be a way to acheive the yen generation level that we had before that we just haven’t figured out yet.

All I know is that the devs have their finger on the pulse of the statistics of this game, whereas we can only speculate. So if they decreased the payouts, it wasn’t for a willy nilly reason.

Cool, so you are openly admitting you are screwing established players just to try to get noobs playing the game for longer.

Nice, we'll see how many real players, those who really put in real value to the game, will be playing this game by this time next year...

BTW: There is a bug at Juan's Gym in Hoenn, where one gets stuck at the sothernmost tile of the first ladder.

Edited by Rittz
Forgot to say sth
3 minutes ago, Rittz said:

Cool, so you are openly admitting you are screwing established players just to try to get noobs playing the game for longer.

Nice, we'll see how many real players, those who really put in real value to the game, will be playing this game by this time next year...

You shouldn't twist someone's words around like that, cause that isn't what he is admitting to.

He never said something near what you say. You just understand what you want to understand.

6 minutes ago, Rittz said:

I think it will be much more than right now. Of course, some players will quit but many more will come and stay imo. This update is not even near what Devs want to do with Unova and balancing in general. You just have to be patient and wait. Being over dramatic won't help or change a thing.

Hardly. There were always better money making methods than trainer rebattles, just not yen generation methods (methods that actually had you participate in the economy by trading with other players).

I was pointing out that the burden of yen generation may now be handled primarily by players running through 3 storylines which would serve to cause the same inflation effects as seen before the update.

6 hours ago, Gilan said:

As a result, they will have more opportunity to spend their storyline yen which gets injected into the economy. This effect could very well offset the decreased payouts.

@Kite @Stailenn It seems like YOU are the ones understanding what you want to understand...

"Could very well offset the decreased payouts"... I don't think I need to explain who were the ones farming NPCs...

5 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Hardly. There were always better money making methods than trainer rebattles, just not yen generation methods (methods that actually had you participate in the economy by trading with other players).

I was pointing out that the burden of yen generation may now be handled primarily by players running through 3 storylines which would serve to cause the same inflation effects as seen before the update.

So does that mean you will reverse the changes when all these new players that come to only play the Unova story leave and their pokeyens get lost in the void for ever and ever?

8 hours ago, Bobgod said:

What are you talking about? Not everything can be fixed with a change of numbers. To give you a few examples: If 1/3 of the moves didn't work what would changing numbers do? If you couldn't leave the starting town what would changing numbers do? If the game would wipe your save games every two weeks, what would changing numbers do? Nothing

They added a whole lot of content that goes way past "a change of numbers". If you think it's as easy as just loading the rom into the game and if you don't think there is any advantage of playing the game as an mmo instead of alone on an emu then why on earth are you on Pokemmo to begin with instead of playing all the pokemon games on an emu by yourself?

To answer your first question: My point is that to think that a reduction of payouts from NPCs of 50% at max even comes close to outweighing the implementation of a whole new region with hundreds of new Pokemon and updating the old regions to gen 5 in terms of value to the game you have to be uneducated enough to think that implementing a new region is little work while nerfing payouts is an irreversible thing that will kill off the whole game.

In the end, coding is all about numbers, and in the end, they're just failing to copy an existing game ^^

But, i'm pretty satisfied with what Kyu posted earlier in this thread

PS: yup i left pokemmo to play on 3DS

4 minutes ago, Ninkyo said:

In the end, coding is all about numbers, and in the end, they're just failing to copy an existing game ^^

Before saying something like this, make sure you have the right infos. The never wanted to copy an existing game. They want to improve it and do something else, something they think is better for us.

4 minutes ago, Ninkyo said:

Ok, goodbye then. Hf

Edited by Stailenn
15 minutes ago, Rittz said:

So does that mean you will reverse the changes when all these new players that come to only play the Unova story leave and their pokeyens get lost in the void for ever and ever?

That's up for the Dev's to decide. I imagine the numbers were chosen carefully and built to stabilize with the average number of new players that are running storylines at any normal point in time.

7 minutes ago, Ninkyo said:

PM me with your friend code if you want to play a 6vs6 OU on the 3DS, probably will be switching back to the 3DS game in the next few days, just need to charge the battery and clean the dust on it :3

Just for me, theres only one thing that I dont like about this update.

The level gap, since I can't use my current pokemon team anymore. And I'm considerably a new player, I just came here to have fun with my pokemon, to level them up just like the normal pokemon games would. But i just got halted because of this update, I can't do anything to my pokemon. I can't even step in the grass without even seeing all my pokemon faint right in front of me.

2 hours ago, Rittz said:

@Kite @Stailenn It seems like YOU are the ones understanding what you want to understand...

"Could very well offset the decreased payouts"... I don't think I need to explain who were the ones farming NPCs...

If you're going to quote something do it correctly. He stated

"With a whole new storyline it’s not unreasonable to think that newbies that normally quit after they complete the storylines will now be in the game longer for about +50% more of the time. As a result, they will have more opportunity to spend their storyline yen which gets injected into the economy. This effect could very well offset the decreased payouts."

Which is saying, new players have more opportunities to insert their PokeDollars into the economy instead of just completing a region then quitting right after. Which you took it out of context. In which for the most part he is saying that you can have an easier time to earn money through player economy compared to farming NPCs from it as NPCs are not the only source of income. (Though the income does have to come from somewhere). 

So really, pull your head out of your ass. 

3 hours ago, Kite said:

If you're going to quote something do it correctly.

Eh, I just copied and pasted the phrase from his post, so IDK what are you talking about.

3 hours ago, Kite said:

So really, pull your head out of your ass. 

And yeah, ugh, calm down kid, watch the manners.