They ruined everything, an update that seemed good.

And is that I keep the same, to lower the level and money to the NPC, the economy will go down when the days pass, a change that will be too obvious for the entire MMO, and that is enough to look at the Global chat to see the number of users dissatisfied with this change, probably many players are going to play Unova, and that is not a hypothesis, it is a reality.

1 hour ago, Ninkyo said:

you don't need much education to realize this update has more cons than pos

Actually it's required to not have much education to think this update has more cons than pros.

Even if the worst predictions about the lack of money from NPCs collapsing the economy were true (which they probably aren't - read my last post), this could be fixed by a simple change of numbers meaning the cons of this update are at worst temporary. At the same time we got a whole new region which is here to stay for years after that.

16 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Just because it may be harder to make cash using your methods used in the previous regions shouldn't mean everything is ruined. I'm sure there's bound to be a bunch of new ways to make money in Unova that people haven't discovered just yet. I've not even had chance to check up on everything, but I did read that elite four had a payout increase so they're probably just trying to align methods to make yen so they're all similar profit per hour wise.

Oh and of course, it's the start of a new region, they're bound to be tweaking numbers throughout the weeks just like they do after most big updates.

I disagree with the E4 statement there, mostly because you need to spend millions on perfect pokemon in order to have a chance to get up the higher tiers in the E4s. I have been trying for around a year now (with the now older, considerable easier set up) and have won maybe 1 E4 run every 2 months. That equals far far less then the "per hour yen rate" they want/try to accomplish.

NPC trainers aren't scaling properly to post-E4 levels atm (they're currently capping @ high 30s/mid 40s). It'll be fixed during the next update, which will increase most to high 40s/low 50s.

With regards to the balancing scheme, there are a few reasons why it is being changed:

• Due to the volume/value of rematch NPCs, a lot of people only farmed these NPCs, which means other portions of the game weren't seen, and players wouldn't explore the different methods of gaining money. These NPCs were created in a time where there were literally no other methods of gaining money, and I think we have enough alternate sources to where we can stop putting so much emphasis on them.
  • The EXP aspects on these are an entirely different topic, but the gist of that is "if our players are only farming Youngsters for EXP, we've probably done something wrong." This is one of the reasons we added EXP gain to the Trainer Tower, although it's been disabled for a year due to a level scaling bug.
  • We want to focus people on things like horde farming (and other overworld events which are upcoming) rather than these NPCs, so that players accumulate money through Pickup, gain crafting materials in order to participate in the world's economy, and so that the game encourages more wild encounters (with a side-effect of players having higher chances of encountering shinies, because they're not farming Ladies every 6 hours).
  • We want to focus rewards on harder content, so that players can develop their skills against AI in order to later participate in dungeons / PvP. This means the majority of rewards are going to be focused on "end-game" NPCs like the Trainer Tower, Gym Leaders, and the Elite 4. While these aren't scaled perfectly at the moment (BP instances are being reworked in the coming weeks, and Gym Leaders are currently a little too hard for my tastes although they're also receiving a ~15% buff on rematches), we will be looking to expand Unova's NPC battles which would give a higher volume of rematchable NPCs, as well as the natural things in the region which are currently missing (e.g. Big Stadium / Little Court).
5 minutes ago, Kyu said:

NPC trainers aren't scaling properly to post-E4 levels atm (they're currently capping @ high 30s/mid 40s). It'll be fixed during the next update, which will increase most to high 40s/low 50s.

With regards to the balancing scheme, there are a few reasons why it is being changed:

• Due to the volume/value of rematch NPCs, a lot of people only farmed these NPCs, which means other portions of the game weren't seen, and players wouldn't explore the different methods of gaining money. These NPCs were created in a time where there were literally no other methods of gaining money, and I think we have enough alternate sources to where we can stop putting so much emphasis on them.
  • The EXP aspects on these are an entirely different topic, but the gist of that is "if our players are only farming Youngsters for EXP, we've probably done something wrong." This is one of the reasons we added EXP gain to the Trainer Tower, although it's been disabled for a year due to a level scaling bug.
  • We want to focus people on things like horde farming (and other overworld events which are upcoming) rather than these NPCs, so that players accumulate money through Pickup, gain crafting materials in order to participate in the world's economy, and so that the game encourages more wild encounters (with a side-effect of players having higher chances of encountering shinies, because they're not farming Ladies every 6 hours).
  • We want to focus rewards on harder content, so that players can develop their skills against AI in order to later participate in dungeons / PvP. This means the majority of rewards are going to be focused on "end-game" NPCs like the Trainer Tower, Gym Leaders, and the Elite 4. While these aren't scaled perfectly at the moment (BP instances are being reworked in the coming weeks, and Gym Leaders are currently a little too hard for my tastes although they're also receiving a ~15% buff on rematches), we will be looking to expand Unova's NPC battles which would give a higher volume of rematchable NPCs, as well as the natural things in the region which are currently missing (e.g. Big Stadium / Little Court).
And it is that way you ruin even more, now how are we going to buy things if the money that the NPCs give is quite low? There is no way to start in your beloved "Economy" you have ruined that aspect, if your methodology is that, then when people make money somewhere else they will also take it away? No, I suppose, I think you did it so that we played longer, and they ruined it.
3 minutes ago, gocuea said:

And it is that way you ruin even more, now how are we going to buy things if the money that the NPCs give is quite low? There is no way to start in your beloved "Economy" you have ruined that aspect, if your methodology is that, then when people make money somewhere else they will also take it away? No, I suppose, I think you did it so that we played longer, and they ruined it.

Look man, a game, and more specifically an mmo, needs factors that grab the players' attention and thus allowing them to immerse themselves in said game in a fun way. What you want is to simply spam the same things over and over again. Maybe that's fun for you but it certainly isn't for everyone. Players play a game to have fun, not to do chores. As Kyu said, they want you to explore the new stuff they worked hard for, and who knows? Maybe you could find a better farming spot that's more efficient and has better gain. People sometimes need to adapt or they get left behind.

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.

if they expect our money to be selling pokemon or items, they are wrong because when selling something, someone will always put that at a lower price, until practically the entire economy is devalued, the gym was a secure and fixed source of money, and they ruined it.

5 minutes ago, Walerito said:

if they expect our money to be selling pokemon or items, they are wrong because when selling something, someone will always put that at a lower price, until practically the entire economy is devalued, the gym was a secure and fixed source of money, and they ruined it.

no they won't, git gud at flipping. 

Just give it some time guys, like Kyu said, this patch isn't final and they're still fixing a bunch of stuff, so why not just wait a bit instead of raging the first day the patch goes live?

8 minutes ago, Walerito said:

Not entirely true. Players may undercut others in GTL but they won't be doing that so much as to lose their farmed resources money's worth. Naturally, as time moves on, some items get devalued and  others get the opposite treatment, mostly newer items. 

Edited by RenDude
Word

This doesn't pertain too much to the patch, but is anyone going to acknowledge the elephant in the room that it sometimes costs significantly more in healing items to participate in battles like the Elite 4? I already knew prepatch I couldn't use healing items against the Ladies/Gamblers even with the amount of money they paid out, because the healing items are honestly super expensive.

If part of the new way to profit is to go on and challenge the elite 4 and gym leader battles, I'm laughing personally on the cost of using healing items for these battles.

4 hours ago, Bobgod said:

Actually it's required to not have much education to think this update has more cons than pros.

Even if the worst predictions about the lack of money from NPCs collapsing the economy were true (which they probably aren't - read my last post), this could be fixed by a simple change of numbers meaning the cons of this update are at worst temporary. At the same time we got a whole new region which is here to stay for years after that.

whats your point? Everything can be fixed with a change of numbers, they could give 10 billions pokeyen to everyone if they wished to ? Right now, it's bad. They added new animations and removed a few, broke the trainers for no real reason. The only pros is a new region which is already playable for free through an emu >_> or via gameboy for 40$

5 hours ago, gocuea said:

And is that I keep the same, to lower the level and money to the NPC, the economy will go down when the days pass, a change that will be too obvious for the entire MMO, and that is enough to look at the Global chat to see the number of users dissatisfied with this change, probably many players are going to play Unova, and that is not a hypothesis, it is a reality.

40 minutes ago, gocuea said:

19 minutes ago, SrOsito said:

In an MMO game, the player will always find a way to exploit the mechanics, just give him time to update, we've only been two days.

What's with the weird formatting? 

Just now, axx said:

i ThInK wE sHoUlD gIvE iT a ChAnCe As tHeRe wAs To MuCh MoNeY aRoUnD, wHiLe ThE cHaNgEs CeRtAiNlY wOnT fIx EvErYtHiNg ItS a StEp In ThE rIgHt DiReCtIoN.

wHaT i FeAr Is ThAt ThEy aRe SeTtInG tHe eNtRy BaR tOo HiGh FoR nEw PlAyErS aNd CaSuAlS.

3complicatedformat5me

4 hours ago, Elliasal said:

I disagree with the E4 statement there, mostly because you need to spend millions on perfect pokemon in order to have a chance to get up the higher tiers in the E4s. I have been trying for around a year now (with the now older, considerable easier set up) and have won maybe 1 E4 run every 2 months. That equals far far less then the "per hour yen rate" they want/try to accomplish.

No you don't. I've personally beat elite four many times with some random mediocre Lvl 100s team that I could make for a couple 100k each. My point is that they wanted to try and make high end content align profit per hour wise with other content on the game, it was just an assumption but I guess Kyu confirmed that in his latest post.

3 hours ago, Kyu said:

1 hour ago, Rittz said:

In some areas this update is so absurd that wild pokemon have higher level than NPCs... LMAO

h7H57m3.png