what happens to current GTL listings

6 minutes ago, Stailenn said:

You made my day, thanks

M9yRCrI.jpg

Hahaha A meme replacing a good argument, so typical. You can't call conspiracy (a word BTW that you were the first to bring in this conversation) what is just using privileged information to gain a competitive advantage in a free MMO game, which I could only brand as pathetic as most. Not outrageous, not too disgusting, just unclassy.

Such a long answer to such a lame meme-post though, my apologies to all serious commentators.

15 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

maybe because pokemon black and white had a free lucky egg in the story line and ppl got nervous because of it?

15 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

maybe because pokemon black and white had a free lucky egg in the story line and ppl got nervous because of it?

I didn't know that until the release date. The question is, who knew it with so much anticipation? Were they listing eggs because it was obtainable in the story or because of the nerf?

6 minutes ago, Rittz said:

Hahaha A meme replacing a good argument, so typical. You can't call conspiracy (a word BTW that you were the first to bring in this conversation) what is just using privileged information to gain a competitive advantage in a free MMO game, which I could only brand as pathetic as most. Not outrageous, not too disgusting, just unclassy.

Your argument has just no sense. If you checked Lucky Egg's prices months before the release, you knew that change on those eggs would happen, just like other players. The staff has way more things to do than using their position for maybe a few M$.

And any site that covered the Unova storyline back in the day provide the info about the free lucky egg in B/W.

Edited by Stailenn
Added a sentence.
3 minutes ago, Stailenn said:

The staff has way more things to do than using their position for maybe a few M$.

Yeah, I guess they generate free RPs and so... The thing is that with the Lucky Egg fuss I first had a hint of what's going on...

1 minute ago, Rittz said:

Yeah, I guess they generate free RPs and so... The thing is that with the Lucky Egg fuss I first had a hint of what's going on...

There is no point talking with you. You just see bad everywhere. Darkshade, TheChampionMike, Quakkz and myself tried to make you understand but you don't want to. I'll let others continue if they want but i'll stop here.

1 hour ago, Rittz said:

The sick part of all this is that the mods were for sure forewarned of all this changes, I bet they were even selling their Lucky Eggs on advance a few days before the update... I guess the guy with 2k listings on the GTL would have lost millions of pokeyens only with this dumb change. Also NPC payout nerfs... I haven't got yet to the point of quitting this game but certainly I have been playing less these last 3 days, I don't even feel like cheering up and play the Unova story.

So much hype last few weeks just to see this update has been a total fail... Hopefully they'll reverse all these nonsense stuff...

I bought a lucky egg the day before the update thinking "I better get it now before the update makes them super desired" 

jokes on me, may as well have thrown that 800k into the trash 

Lucky eggs were just straight up broken. If I was able to level up a freaking Breloom which requires 1,64m exp, painlessly, during only one day of game, then something is wrong.

Keep in mind, now maybe a source of boosting exp is gone, but we got generally more good sources of exp- for example Kanto gym re-matches.

For this, I understand the change.

About "classified information" - I knew at least 2 people from my very own friendlist who listed eggs because "they're in storyline". Imagine if I would do storyline with my 33 alts to get a free egg. Makes sense now? Supply would increase greatly and with it the price will fall as demand will fall as well when everyone will be able to get one themselves as well.

Regardless if you wanna blame someone for leak of info or anything, blame @Zehkar. It's his fault.

I'm personally not as bad, only had about 200 listings max. However I don't really see why we can't flood the gts with pokemon. The gts is one of the few aspects of the game that entertained me before this, implementing this 10 day max rule is going to rise prices as its going to be a humungous pain in the ass to constantly relist niche pokemon. I think gts is going to become a place where only very cheap broadly desired items are sold and fast instead of the previous trading streamline we had before.

I've sold meta pokemon on the gts before and it takes a long time usually to sell them. I've had quite a few for a month on the gts before they got sold, mostly because it requires large amount of capital while the buying +being certain they want what they want. Listing times will get longer as the listing unusualness increases, such as selling meta NU or RU.

Edited by Weedle

I have 560 listings that just got delisted apparently... and in no specific order whatsoever. Something from last week (not even 10 days) got randomly delisted, while things that have been up for over 30 days for me are still up.

Game has been completely killed for me. I can't even relist the stuff that just got delisted either.

GG admins, thanks for the heads up that GTL was going to be updated.

Edited by EssDeeCee
25 minutes ago, xSalFish said:

not that i'm complaining about it, but getting a warning as the servers are down for the update in which these things will come into effect is impossible to do anything about

That’s not what I was addressing, the implication was that they didn’t address it whatsoever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 hours ago, Weedle said:

I've sold meta pokemon on the gts before and it takes a long time usually to sell them. I've had quite a few for a month on the gts before they got sold

+1 to this

I once sold a ditto on GTL and by the time it got sold, I dont remember when I listed it. It is probably 3x30 3x20+

Dittos are essential to breed genderless and male-only Pokemon

Seller would have to wait suitable and complement Pokemon for their ditto to be sold

While having 10 days rule, it may encourage people to put competitive price and this may eventually benefits buyer.

this would cause competition and hence the max listings coming in.

However, imho, max listing denies the effort of people who catch breeders and to price & list them

On 15.11.2017 at 4:54 AM, HobbyBill said:

i have well over 2000 things listed on the GTL and im wondering what exactly will happen to those once the servers are back up and how ill even be able to deal with all of them if/when they delist

On 15.11.2017 at 8:21 AM, Riesz said:

However, for those of us who already have thousands of listings, the work to handle the listings after 7 days is tedious

If I understood it correctly, having this amount of listings won't be possible anymore, so also having to handle this many delistings will happen only once.
It is very disruptive now - for some - but necessary to tidy up the GTL in general.

On 17.11.2017 at 10:55 PM, Rittz said:

The sick part of all this is that the mods were for sure forewarned of all this changes

On 18.11.2017 at 4:37 PM, EssDeeCee said:

GG admins, thanks for the heads up that GTL was going to be updated.

I believe it is unfair to criticize a lack of information because we actually did get the very heads-up about the planned changes four month ago.
Although it might be unsatisfying to now know (too late) that you could have been warned, you might at least feel less filled with bitterness understanding that devs actually do/did communicate and also understand some of the reasons behind some changes.
The significant thread and post is here: Globalized Trade Chat

In addition to the changes for the GTL/Trade Chat/Global Chat you could also derive other upcoming changes from the information given:

On 16.7.2017 at 8:08 PM, Kyu said:

It has an effect which is hard to quantify to people who don't see the stats we do. We call this our "churn rate" -- how fast people can blow through the storyline and realize that there's not much else to do. By accelerating that type of gameplay, it reduces the overall amount of time players spend on things we spend an immense amount of time on, which reduces its time cost:reward ratio for dev time. Slowing down the storyline and preventing that acceleration is how we can grab a person's attention, and so that they stay long enough that we can convert them into someone who goes long-term and can see other aspects of the game.

There are many other flaws to the storyline besides this, but the GTL, and people dumping literally everything onto it forever, exacerbates them dramatically. That's why we're implementing limits.

I do acknowledge that we did not know to expect the changes so soon though.

On 18.11.2017 at 7:01 AM, Weedle said:

However I don't really see why we can't flood the gts with pokemon. The gts is one of the few aspects of the game that entertained me before this

In addition to the insight given in the thread linked above, I think/hope the goal is to ultimately find a more entertaining method for everybody to earn money (one possibility I can think of are dungeons). As we know this might take some time, so we simply need to be patient, hope for the best and enjoy the things we currently have.

15 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

In addition to the insight given in the thread linked above, I think/hope the goal is to ultimately find a more entertaining method for everybody to earn money (one possibility I can think of are dungeons). As we know this might take some time, so we simply need to be patient, hope for the best and enjoy the things we currently have.

That's not a good reason, people who enjoy trading won't enjoy grinding dungeons. They are two entirely different things.

4 minutes ago, Weedle said:

That's not a good reason, people who enjoy trading won't enjoy grinding dungeons. They are two entirely different things.

Trading is still possible and you can continue to enjoy it. >ou just do have to adept to a changed situation on the market - but this is the very mission of any tradesman.

18 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Trading is still possible and you can continue to enjoy it. >ou just do have to adept to a changed situation on the market - but this is the very mission of any tradesman.

But now as a person who checks into the GTL just to buy stuff, I have a much more limited supply of items and Pokemon to purchase from. I only get to see what was posted within the past 10 days, when honestly a 2-3 month Pokemon or item that has been up for that long has been useful for me to buy before. I will no longer be able to make some of these purchases now. So, goodbye extremely specific IV'd, gendered, or natured Pokemon that have been up for a while.

I get the whole trying to clear up GTL bloat situation, but ten days is extremely small for a post to be up. Not to mention that this acts as a HUGE money sink for the people in this thread who need months just to sell stuff on the GTL. And all because of an arbitrary time limit that the developers thought was a good idea?

Honestly if the GTL is sticking to the ten day limit, then fees for listing your Pokemon/items either need to be massively reduced or removed. 

8 minutes ago, Suneet said:

If devs are nerfing other aspects of moneymaking in order to make GTL more of a prevalent moneymaking option, why are they not understanding that limiting it to 10 days and less listings actually messes things up even more. Many items, ie comps, Dittos, shinies etc actually require much more time to sell than other things.

Maybe you guys didn't read the lasted update notes but we did extend the max days on the GTL to 20 days. We might be modifying further in the future if we deem it necessary but we will not be going back to an unlimited listing duration.

24 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

I only get to see what was posted within the past 10 days

18 minutes ago, Suneet said:

why are they not understanding that limiting it to 10 days and less listings actually messes things up even more

@Raichu4u From a breeders point of view I'd also appreciate a broader/near limitless suplly of IV-combinations on the GTL - and argued in favour of it. But I believe the trade-off between that and tyding the GTL and the other goals attached to it caused the shorter time period for listings as we have now.
It is not 10 days though - since that already got adjusted in the update yesterday:
" Default Auction list time has been increased from 10 days to 20 days "

edit: ninja devs - so fast for a little turtle

Edited by Anthrazit