NU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

9 minutes ago, redspawn said:

so not adamant?

Physical venomoth is strong enough not to need adamant.

Fun fact: Venomoth has the 2nd most powerful u-turn in this game against not very effective targets, only behind yanmega. (Yes, not even scizor beats it)

4 minutes ago, pachima said:

Physical venomoth is strong enough not to need adamant.

Fun fact: Venomoth has the 2nd most powerful u-turn in this game against not very effective targets, only behind yanmega. (Yes, not even scizor beats it)

To be fair, that doesn't mean its powerful

1 hour ago, pachima said:

The point of u-turn is not always to do damage, especially against NVE targets. The mere fact that you're u-turning on something that resists your stab means you already won that encounter, anyways

Venomoth is awesome but let's not get carried away re: the physical set lol

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

The point of u-turn is not always to do damage, especially against NVE targets. The mere fact that you're u-turning on something that resists your stab means you already won that encounter, anyways

Venomoth is awesome but let's not get carried away re: the physical set lol

That is tru but when special walls give you free momentum and still lose almost half life , which they can´t recover cause you force them out with your switch in afterwards, is dangerous. I mean, a single well placed U-turn under these circunstances can ease a lot the life of some special mons hiding in your team, just waiting for their chance.

Also, dont forget the swag.

And lastly, I have used it in showdown. It´s good believe me (As long as you keep rocks out cause you need to switch several times)

Edited by pachima
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that taking a closer look at Linoone might be a good idea, and its impact to the metagame. I'm not necessarily calling it banworthy but I think we can all agree that being forced to have stuff like Steelix or Aggron ready to take this little badger on centralizes the metagame a lot and then it's up to debate if it's too much. Max def Dusclops with Haze used to be also one solution to render Linoone ineffective but we lost that now to usage movements so no Ghost-types longer withstand the +6 Shadow Claw from Linoone. I think it's pretty notable that Steelix and Aggron, even on their own, are among best Pokemon in NU but I feel like being almost forced to run them kind of limits the diversity of teambuilding a bit too much. Sure, we also have nichepicks like Probopass and.. idk, Rock-types defensively neutral to Seed Bomb such as Armaldo might do okay checking Linoone as well but I think the main point of discussion is on the more used ones like Steelix and Aggron. What concerns me most is the lack of recovery for these Linoone counters and besides Aggron they're often dedicated Stealth Rock setters and you can't even utilize them for the reasons you wanted to bring them in your team. I feel like lack of team preview makes this even worse: Natural instict without lack of knowledge from opposing team might cause you to lose something like Steelix from being max HP to setting up Stealth Rocks and thus causing you to lose the game when you discover the badger. Knowing Linoone is there at least can make you play your Steelix super safely and thus give you at least sufficient control of the battle.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:46 PM, OrangeManiac said:

I think that taking a closer look at Linoone might be a good idea, and its impact to the metagame. I'm not necessarily calling it banworthy but I think we can all agree that being forced to have stuff like Steelix or Aggron ready to take this little badger on centralizes the metagame a lot and then it's up to debate if it's too much. Max def Dusclops with Haze used to be also one solution to render Linoone ineffective but we lost that now to usage movements so no Ghost-types longer withstand the +6 Shadow Claw from Linoone. I think it's pretty notable that Steelix and Aggron, even on their own, are among best Pokemon in NU but I feel like being almost forced to run them kind of limits the diversity of teambuilding a bit too much. Sure, we also have nichepicks like Probopass and.. idk, Rock-types defensively neutral to Seed Bomb such as Armaldo might do okay checking Linoone as well but I think the main point of discussion is on the more used ones like Steelix and Aggron. What concerns me most is the lack of recovery for these Linoone counters and besides Aggron they're often dedicated Stealth Rock setters and you can't even utilize them for the reasons you wanted to bring them in your team. I feel like lack of team preview makes this even worse: Natural instict without lack of knowledge from opposing team might cause you to lose something like Steelix from being max HP to setting up Stealth Rocks and thus causing you to lose the game when you discover the badger. Knowing Linoone is there at least can make you play your Steelix super safely and thus give you at least sufficient control of the battle.

I wonder if its worth dropping espeed to +1 priority. I suppose u could make the argument espeed was +1 without team preview. It obviously wouldnt fix linoone just slow it down *dab*  and as u said isnt really broken to begin with.

Food for though i guess

Also no one cares about other espeed users

Edit: is it even +2 atm

Edited by DaftCoolio
Just now, DaftCoolio said:

I wonder if its worth dropping espeed to +1 priority. I suppose u could make the argument espeed was +1 without team preview. It obviously wouldnt fix linoone just slow it down *dab*  and as u said isnt really broken to begin with.

Food for though i guess

Also no one cares about other espeed users

Edit: is it even +2 atm

Yes it has priority of +2 atm. 

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, MaatthewMLG said:

just bring altaria 

ye, with vanilluxe spam i bring altaria, oh and also 252+ SpA Choice Specs Charizard Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Altaria: 140-168 (76.9 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Altaria: 128-152 (70.3 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edited by DarylDixon
36 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

ye, with vanilluxe spam i bring altaria, oh and also 252+ SpA Choice Specs Charizard Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Altaria: 140-168 (76.9 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Altaria: 128-152 (70.3 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

bring blastoise then lol

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 58-69 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 46-54 (22.7 - 26.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 18-21 (8.9 - 10.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Bring Slowking

2 hours ago, MonokumaGame said:

Charizard is obviously not the best special sweeper around. No reason to ban it except: he's high in UU usages. Like some of others mons that are high in UU usages but still in NU. So i just ask: is the rule about usages no longer taken in account ?

Usage is still used for tiering yes, but even using the old cutoff points, 3.41% in UU isn't high enough to make it move up iirc.

16 hours ago, cootjemdo said:

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 58-69 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 46-54 (22.7 - 26.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 18-21 (8.9 - 10.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Bring Slowking

ye im so dumb to fireblast and hp ice a slowking smh. also no one use calm slowking it's so bad.

17 hours ago, MaatthewMLG said:

just bring altaria 

i repeat with vanilluxe around alo hp ice 2hko it.

16 hours ago, MonokumaGame said:

Charizard is obviously not the best special sweeper around. No reason to ban it except: he's high in UU usages. Like some of others mons that are high in UU usages but still in NU. So i just ask: is the rule about usages no longer taken in account ?

u so baad without charizard? :((

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

it is ^^  Stop saying MaKe A CaLm sLoWkInG, RoCks BeAt HiM GNEGNE , rocks are everywhere, no one use calm  slowking, not even altaria. just ban that broken poke

The hell you  talking about lmao. I quit the game. I ain't never say that shit