UU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

2 minutes ago, Bomberfox said:

More seriously, as I said earlier, you just need to use Giga Drain and in addition to heal, it does not cause significant damage. And once Gigalith falls, how do you do?

seems that you dont know how to switch out and use the right mons in the right moments, now stop quoting me, ty

1 minute ago, Bomberfox said:

Golduck is water type, one Giga Drain and it's finish. What Golduck attacks could counter Exxeggutor?

ice beam, you can go golduck on predict exxegutor incoming when he set up sun with torkoal

252 SpA Life Orb Golduck Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Exeggutor: 135-161 (79.4 - 94.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Torkoal in Sun: 133-156 (75.5 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Golduck Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Torkoal in Sun: 133-156 (75.5 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Edited by DarylDixon
3 minutes ago, Bomberfox said:

It does not invalidate the danger, Nawe.
To summarize for those who have just arrived, I suggest to ban Torkoal, because of his talent Drought, which is far too dangerous in UU in my opinion.

the best suggestion for you is just, get good in uu bruh, that's all , don't be a stubborn guy.

Edited by DarylDixon

Why are you guys sending calcs of Gigalith staying against grass types? Gigalith switches on Torkoal and, if Torkoal switches out on a grass type, Gigalith switches out too. A grass type chlorophyll mon under sandstorm is really no big deal.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

Why are you guys sending calcs of Gigalith staying against grass types? Gigalith switches on Torkoal and, if Torkoal switches out on a grass type, Gigalith switches out too. A grass type chlorophyll mon under sandstorm is really no big deal.

then it's time to run a sap sipper mon? like bulky bouffalant?, jolly sawsbuck?

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Giga Drain men. Okay he don't have speed boost, but Giga Drain is dangerous too.

5 minutes ago, Bomberfox said:

Giga Drain men. Okay he don't have speed boost, but Giga Drain is dangerous too.

so what does that have to do with sun then? If giga is dangerous on its on, why are you making this about torkoal?

Edit:

gigalith + mandibuzz

Mandibuzz alone

gigalith + sigilyph

gigalith + p2

gigalith + scarfty

gigalith + houndoom

Thick fat lax

It doesn't take much to deal with a sun team defensively.

Edited by gbwead
4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

so what does that have to do with sun then? If giga is dangerous on its on, why are you making this about torkoal?

I said that Giga Drain easily removes Gigalith, even without the sun. The sun of Torkoal makes some pokémons abused, and if the sun goes away, just keep Torkoal alive.

3 minutes ago, Bomberfox said:

I said that Giga Drain easily removes Gigalith, even without the sun. The sun of Torkoal makes some pokémons abused, and if the sun goes away, just keep Torkoal alive.

Why does Gigalith need to stay on Giga Drain?

Edited by gbwead
3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I mean Havsha posted a leafstorm calc agaisnt Gigalith too. I don't get it.

Merely an indication that giigalith alone is not an answer to sun teams. The bigger issue that bomberfox didn't really address are pokemon like typhlosion that abuse sun and force 50/50s. You guys are all so dedicating to shutting down his points that you are all ignoring that his concerns are rooted on an aspect of the tier he feels is extremely threatening. Im not here to say hes right, but I do grow tired of everyone just shutting him down and calling him a noob instead of giving his concerns any real thought. I respect that you for instance has presented him potential answers and solutions, but lets not pretend 80% of the response have even attempted the same level of thought, and aren't merely jumping on the "hes just a troll" or "hes just a noob" bandwagon

1 minute ago, MknsZblex said:

translate: tu prends meme pas en consideration ce que les gens te disent, et tu te plains que chartor restent broken

Yet, with all the arguments given, this is the case. The 2 pokémons proposed to counter it are finally not very effective, between one who takes x4 to the plant type and the other who dies easily after a Lava Feather boosted thanks to the climate.

0 SpA Torkoal Lava Plume vs. 248 HP / 0+ SpD Mandibuzz in Sun: 58-69 (26.8 - 31.9%) -- 33.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ok, I admit he can tank, but use 1 pokemon just to counter 3 and counter a climate abused, no thank you.

Moreover, with Typhlosion it's almost impossible as Havsha said

Edited by Bomberfox
2 minutes ago, Havsha said:

Merely an indication that giigalith alone is not an answer to sun teams. The bigger issue that bomberfox didn't really address are pokemon like typhlosion that abuse sun and force 50/50s. You guys are all so dedicating to shutting down his points that you are all ignoring that his concerns are rooted on an aspect of the tier he feels is extremely threatening. Im not here to say hes right, but I do grow tired of everyone just shutting him down and calling him a noob instead of giving his concerns any real thought. I respect that you for instance has presented him potential answers and solutions, but lets not pretend 80% of the response have even attempted the same level of thought, and aren't merely jumping on the "hes just a troll" or "hes just a noob" bandwagon

I feel like you're giving him to much credit, not in a bad way, but adressing points, that aren't exactly his concerns. Only real sun abuser is typhlosion imo, and even him will struggle vs gigalith centered teams, hazards, etc.

Guy is just going trigger happy about sun teams, while not having knowledge in regards of UU meta imo.

2 minutes ago, Havsha said:

Gigalith is a direct answer to sun teams because Chlorophyll sweepers are under sandstorm instead of the sun. No one expects Gigalith to counter Venusaur, so why would anyone expect it to counter Exeggutor or Victreebel? You bring Gigalith for Sun and then you handle grass threats the exact same way you would do if there was no sun, that's it. I'm not saying Sun teams are bad, just that you guys are not showing that Sun is broken. Leafstorm and Giga Drain calcs against Gigalith are completly irrelevant. You are not doing Bomberfox any favor by encouraging him to believe that grass sweepers can handle Gigalith because that's not something anyone is disputing or care about.

3 minutes ago, razimove said:

I feel like you're giving him to much credit, not in a bad way, but adressing points, that aren't exactly his concerns. Only real sun abuser is typhlosion imo, and even him will struggle vs gigalith centered teams, hazards, etc.

Guy is just going trigger happy about sun teams, while not having knowledge in regards of UU meta imo.

Typhlosion, Exxeggutor, Torkoal and Shiftry in themselves are not a problem, but with a climate that arises in 1 SWITCH, it becomes one. Solution: Ban Drought, so banish Torkoal.

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Gigalith is a direct answer to sun teams because Chlorophyll sweepers are under sandstorm instead of the sun. No one expects Gigalith to counter Venusaur, so why would anyone expect it to counter Exeggutor or Victreebel? You bring Gigalith for Sun and then you handle grass threats the exact same way you would do if there was no sun, that's it. I'm not saying Sun teams are bad, just that you guys are not showing that Sun is broken. Leafstorm and Giga Drain calcs against Gigalith are completly irrelevant. You are not doing Bomberfox any favor by encouraging him to believe that grass sweepers can handle Gigalith because that's not something anyone is disputing or care about.

I do not understand what you say. You put the sun + Exeggutor (or even without the sun), and after you do Giga Drain against Gigalith:

252 SpA Life Orb Exeggutor Giga Drain vs. 196 HP / 0 SpD Gigalith: 218-257 (117.8 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO