UU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

• 1 month later...

First, excuse me for my poor English, I use Google Translate ^^

I propose to ban Torkoal tier UU, because the climate in general is too abused in this tier, as the rain. Let's leave it all in the OU domain. Of course, before being a suggestion, it is a request, so I ask you what do you think about it O:)

2 minutes ago, Bomberfox said:

I propose to ban Torkoal tier UU, because the climate in general is too abused in this tier, as the rain. Let's leave it all in the OU domain. Of course, before being a suggestion, it is a request, so I ask you what do you think about it O:)

Gigalith > Torkoal.

12 minutes ago, Bomberfox said:

damn, and i was the one who wanted torkoal nu to abuse vileplume and exxeggutor lul

Just now, Bomberfox said:

But if you switch again, it is not. I consider that climates belongs to the OU, I still do not understand why it was allowed in UU ^^

Because it's bad. And that fact is reflected in it's usage. Torkoal is suspectible to rocks, has no reliable recovery, it's very slow and sun teams can be easily blocked by Sand Stream Gigalith which was mentioned earlier by my friends.

Only pokemon which currently deserves a discussion in UU tier is a Heracross (as an offensive uber). Torkoal with amount of his flaws and a very hard counter in Gigalith does not fit uber support characteristics at all.

2 minutes ago, Bomberfox said:

But if you switch again, it is not. I consider that climates belongs to the OU, I still do not understand why it was allowed in UU ^^

So Vanilluxe, Hippopotas, Gigalith and Torkoal should all be banned from lower tiers even though they are in not broken in any way just because you consider that weather belongs in OU? I fail to see your argument here.

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

Because it's bad. And that fact is reflected in it's usage. Torkoal is suspectible to rocks, has no reliable recovery, it's very slow and sun teams can be easily blocked by Sand Stream Gigalith which was mentioned earlier by my friends.

Only pokemon which currently deserves a discussion in UU tier is a Heracross (as an offensive uber). Torkoal with amount of his flaws and a very hard counter in Gigalith does not fit uber support characteristics at all.

But precisely, Gigalith is opposed by pokémons Chlorophyll, it is enough that it has another attack of the type plant and it is finished, easy win

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

So Vanilluxe, Hippopotas, Gigalith and Torkoal should all be banned from lower tiers even though they are in not broken in any way just because you consider that weather belongs in OU? I fail to see your argument here.

"""The sandstorm and the hail are not too cheat weather, but the sun and the rain are. Rain has been banned, so why not the sun?""""

Just now, Bomberfox said:

But precisely, Gigalith is opposed by pokémons Chlorophyll, it is enough that it has another attack of the type plant and it is finished, easy win

Not sure if you are aware, but Gigalith disables every Solarbeam user when it brings sand in, while also it has titanic physical bulk AND special bulk boasted by Sand. Could you please tell me how much experience you have in UU this far and where do you draw your conclusions from? Please do not misunderstand me, I do not intend to attack you or insult, I would just like to know specific situations that happened to you that made you think about Torkoal being broken.

I play UU ever since Unova started. Lately much less than I used to in previous meta, but I still know the tier really well and Sun teams are incredibly gimmick currently and with very little viability.

1 minute ago, Bomberfox said:

The sun and the rain, in addition to boost the speed of some pokémons or heal (for rain), they boost certain types and lower the power of other attacks, not like hail or sandstorm.

you forgot Excadrill/Stoutland with Sand Rush.
Also Sand boost SpeDef of rock mons