UU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

32 minutes ago, MknsZblex said:

OH! This one can stop me!!!!

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 103-123 (28.8 - 34.4%) -- 3.4% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Sniper Kingdra Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 162-190 (45.3 - 53.2%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO

it can't if rocks are on field or kingdra is +atk xd

2 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

252+ SpA Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lapras: 75-88 (31.6 - 37.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deep Sea Scale Clamperl: 51-61 (35.9 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

shell armor new meta 

dont forgot that pls

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed on a critical hit: 58-70 (38.4 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

ALSO
BEST COUNTER IS HERE...

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Wynaut on a critical hit: 162-190 (80.1 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Mirror coat ez..
20 hours ago, MknsZblex said:

UNNYxmh.png

Hey I'm Kingdra Sniper, and I dont care about all walls :D
Pls ban me from UU.

Also if you want a set idea;

Kingdra

Ability :Sniper

Nature Modest/Timide

Mooveset: Focus Energy / Surf / Draco Meteor / Ice Beam (Or Hidden Power Fire because ferro take only 40% damage fuck it's not enought)
Item : Scope Lense

This is what I said 7 days ago, but bisharp and typhlo much worse.

4 minutes ago, pachima said:

Idk, just saying what other people said.

literally no one said this though, they however did raise potential concern around sun, typhlosion and bisharp, none of which excludes kingdra from being discussed

If Kingdra won't move up due to usage (I see it quite often in OU on rain teams) then I'm pretty sure TC will just ban it. For now we didn't even have a single tournament to see how it works and test it, aside from the ongoing CC, which I am actively spectating and for now the 2 Kingdras which I saw during the match of my teammate weren't much of a problem.

Spoiler

Because Bisharp obliterated them with Sucker punch but that's a different concern ^_^

In theory Kingdra surely looks threatening but you know me, I prefer speaking from experience, so I'll come back here with arguments backed up with it.

Edited by RysPicz
I embarris.
On 8/22/2018 at 1:50 AM, RysPicz said:

In theory Kingdra surely looks threatening but you know me, I prefer speaking from experience, so I'll come back here with arguments backed up with it.

I played yesterday's UU and used that kind of Kingdra in every single of my matches. It's just plain broken. My main concern was that it won't get a chance to setup, however it's great typing which grants it tons of useful resistances paired with it's acceptable bulk (75/95/95) allows it to set up the Focus Energy with ease even without any defensive investment and then the onslaught begins.

Kingdra's power doesn't come only from the Sniper-boosted crit Dracos and Surfs, but also from it's speed, which for UU standards allows it to outpace or speed tie a large portion of metagame and pokes that actually do outspeed it, cannot OHKO it back (unless it's a Flygon or Leaf Storm orb/ specs Roserade):

252 SpA Choice Specs Galvantula Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kingdra: 120-142 (79.4 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Yanmega Bug Buzz vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kingdra: 111-132 (73.5 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kingdra: 124-147 (82.1 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Alakazam Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kingdra: 124-147 (82.1 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Everything just gets decimated by Draco and Surf alone in UU, after the Focus energy boost. It even has the comfort of using any 4th move it desires- let it be Sub, Protect, Agility (!) or whatever else.

You're free to check my Round 1 match of yesterday's UU to see what this Kingdra can do, fun starts in turn 4.

Pls ban (also take Bisharp to OU cuz it's also broken q_q)

Edited by RysPicz
I embarris.

Okay, Kingdra seems to be in the OU tier now. Even though I highly agree with the decision, I'd appreciate if Tier Council/Staff would make an immediate post about it just to inform people. The first post doesn't need to be in depth post in any way, just "Kingdra has been quickbanned from UU to BL due to Offensive Uber characteristics, more reasoning later", for example.

22 minutes ago, Munya said:

It is late and everybody is ready for bed or already asleep, you can expect a post probably later today.  I made the decision to make the movement now as the people that could actually change the in game tiers are online.

Scum.

11 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

everyone been talking about banning kingdra...about banning conk....but no one ever talks about pory2??? pory2 is so broken in the uu tier that everytime i see i regret i came outta my mom puss 18 years ago...

"just run knock off lul"

For now let's wait for usage. Pory2 surely looks super problematic with the unavoidable Breloom departure, but I think UU still has enough powerhouses to bring it down. We got Bisharp, Scrafty (as a hard counter actually), Rhyperior, Medicham, Blaziken, Heracross, Azu, Typh and Machamp which are able to deal with it with either it's choice-packed STABs, boosted STABs or just fighting spam. Let's also not forget it's very suspectible to toxic or taunt. I wouldn't pre-emptively ban Pory yet, it actually might be the special wall the tier's been waiting for after Chansey's move to UU.

I think we barely had 2 UU tournaments since the Eviolite's implementation, give it time.

Edited by RysPicz
  • 1 month later...

The more I play and spectate UU the more I feel like Bisharp is becoming cancerous like nothing else in the entire tier. Ok, Bisharp has some decent checks in the tier like Gligar, Magneton, Quag or Forret and is suspectible to willowisp or thunder wave, but the pokes I just listed are only checks, Bisharp has no counters whatsoever in both offensive and defensive teams alike. Gligar gets 2shoted by orbed +2 Iron Head or Night Slash (and there are often situations when Bisharp gets to +4- switches on Defog, then SDances) and cannot OHKO back with EQ. Same goes for pretty much every poke I listed (maybe aside from Forret). Bisharp destroys both offensive and defensive teams, teambuilding when it's in the tier is just ridiculously difficult because you don't want to end up having pokes that get OHKOd by that mighty Sucker Punch. Not only that, Bisharp is perfectly able to utilize a set without SD with Pursuit.

The biggest perk of Bisharp surely comes out from it's Defiant ability, which turns a potential Intimidate into a boost and makes every defog user aside from Gligar a poke that freely gives it +2 attack to even further bolster it's already big 125 base atk.

tl;dr:

Bisharp fucks every kind of team in UU, we have no means to combat it. I would like to suggest discussing Bisharp under offensive uber characteristics.