OU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

2 minutes ago, TiToooo said:

with any flying guy you beat the dugtrio, there's nothing to complain about

So you're telling me you use dugtrio to trap flying types, ahh I see, the good plays. Guess my new team will be Pelipper lead, skarmory, salamence, dragonite, hydreigon, gliscor, gyarados

ls psychoshock +2 boosted it does good damage lol

now try a +1 payback from conkel, or even try to switch a reuniclus into a boosted conkel, lets see how it works out for you. 

Edited by redspawn
Just now, redspawn said:

So you're telling me you use dugtrio to trap flying types, ahh I see, the good plays.

now try a +1 payback from conkel, or even try to switch a reuniclus into a boosted conkel, lets see how it works out for you. 

with payback? pls a hippo can calmly stop him using ww

6 minutes ago, TiToooo said:

with payback? pls a hippo can calmly stop him using ww

Well if you go by that, idk what's the problem with deoxys attack man, idk why people even had it in uber for so long when a sucker punch deals with it... please. So you're telling me, whirlwind is the best option you can come up with? So, not only you risk going below 50% to ww him away because 

+1 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 72-85 (33.4 - 39.5%) -- 20.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

by the time you WW you're lower than half hp if you don't switch on bulk up, which then you also risk going below because you don't know what set is he running 

+1 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 96-114 (44.6 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I see man, great plays, getting a wall half way gone, so when he WW, risks either having to sac the wall, or risk something else, or even giving the opponent free hazards on the field.

and a counter is meant to be able to do something about it, not just to go in, soak damage and eventually die anyway, that's not what I'd call a reliable counter, just a ok switch in to him.

Edited by redspawn
1 minute ago, redspawn said:

Well if you go by that, idk what's the problem with deoxys attack man, idk why people even had it in uber for so long when a sucker punch deals with it... please. So you're telling me, whirlwind is the best option you can come up with? So, not only you risk going below 50% to ww him away because 

+1 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 72-85 (33.4 - 39.5%) -- 20.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

by the time you WW you're lower than half hp if you don't switch on bulk up, which then you also risk going below because you don't know what set is he running 

+1 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 96-114 (44.6 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I see man, great plays, getting a wall half way gone, so when he WW, risks either having to sac the wall, or risk something else, or even giving the opponent free hazards on the field.

If with only 2 and then recovering it is so complicated?

2 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I see man, great plays, 

You can not say that when you sweep a conkeldurr

If with only 2 and then recovering it is so complicated?

I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about honestly, what do you mean by only 2? So you're gonna recover while he just drain punches you away? Great plays. Idk man, I think you should try to play competitive a bit.

26 minutes ago, TiToooo said:

the rat started to insult? Hahaha

Is that an insult? Lol you must be a special snowflake to feel insulted by so little. Also, please, you got a second place on a CC, have you seen the brackets in most CCs? I give it to you, you won vs a few names. But no I wasn't trying to insult, you just sound dumb. Sorry. Now yes, I did insult. 

To keep it short, please enlight me to dugtrio counters and conkel counters and give me plausible results with both, mister second place on tours that nobody cares about.

Edited by redspawn
2 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Is that an insult? Lol you must be a special snowflake to feel insulted by so little. Also, please, you got a second place on a CC, have you seen the brackets in most CCs? I give it to you, you won vs a few names. But no I wasn't trying to insult, you just sound dumb. Sorry. Now yes, I did insult. 

more foolish seems your trying to ban conkeldurr lol

also I have some achievement in this game and you?

Just now, pachima said:

can I get at least one dugtrio counter pretty please?

skarmory is nice 

252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 68-80 (20.7 - 24.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

or gyarados with evs in ps you make a dragon dance

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 192-226 (54.3 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Just now, TiToooo said:

skarmory is nice 

252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 68-80 (20.7 - 24.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

or gyarados with evs in ps you make a dragon dance

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 192-226 (54.3 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Do u know what a counter is?

Forgive me if I sound offensive, I just want to make sure you do know what a counter is, before commenting all this.

4 minutes ago, pachima said:

Do u know what a counter is?

Forgive me if I sound offensive, I just want to make sure you do know what a counter is, before commenting all this.

counter does not have so to say but if you have things that can slow you down if it becomes annoying

Just now, redspawn said:

then let me question you, do you run both in the same team all the time due to conkel? 

The reuniclus can also stop the conke thunder punch, but at the same time that gliscor is better
with only reuniclus in your team conkeldurr no longer bothers

Imo Conkeldurr is the most busted mon in the OU metagame at this current period of time, the best counter is psychic Reuniculus but this can get punished by pursuit and a possible payback switch in. In a 1v1 scenario a bulk up Conkeldurr is likely to win against a psyshock Reuniculus. To top it off Conkeldurr is difficult to revenge kill due to access to mach punch and drain punch after boosting with bulk up. The only time I have seen Conkeldurr having an underwhelming performance is against rain teams because it has difficulties with setting up. Even if you status Conkeldurr all you're doing is boosting it with guts, the most common haze users Milotic and Mantine fail to 1v1 it due to thunderpunch/drain punch either flat out killing or healing off the scald damage (and eventually burning it thus activating guts). Honestly, when the best way to deal with a Pokemon (that can fit in almost any team) is to let it kill something and then bring in a special attacker that lives a +1 mach punch it should probably be banned.

Aside from Reuniclus that is vulnerable to Pursuit trapping and defensive cores that struggle against non bulk up sets, most of Conkeldur's checks and counters are not super viable in OU. I have played Impish Medicham that stops Conkeldur very well, but is not necessarily great against the rest of OU. I have seen a couple of Cofagrigus beeing used too, but I haven't seen them used with much success. Perhaps once we get Mummy Cofagrigus will be more viable. I wonder if some eviolite pokemons could prove useful in OU as well.

Wobbuffet OP.

Edited by gbwead