See that IVs

YoshidoriForum

Question

16 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, YoshidoriForum said:

less waste of pokeball can be a problem?

Yes it would be a bit of a problem. Spending money is crucial for the balance of a game's economy. If we were to make this idea a reality. People would spend way less money on Pokeballs. There will only be amazingly good Pokemon on the GTL and ruin the entire market. Because why would you catch a bad IVed pokemon if you can already see its IVs? And everyone wants an as high possible IVed pokemon. I'm afraid it will do more harm than good.

I'm not in favor of this idea.

Originally we had to spend a great deal of time determining IV's (there wasn't even a window in PokeMMO for it, used to be full-manual).

Then we got a window with IV ranges.

Then we got the exact IV's and a summary screen immediately after we caught the pokemon, with the option to release it without having to be at the PC.

I feel like we've already compromised enough with this concept and any more leeway would be overkill.

Not a good idea from game macro economic perspective. It would decrease the money sink, causing inflation. Which means that people will have more money (yay?), but everything else will become proportionately more expensive too (boo!). When the amount of yen in the game becomes too high, it's bad because the value of yen compared to pokemon/other items will be lower. I hope this explanation makes sense.

Edited by Tyrone
typos

This is not a good idea, but inflation has nothing to do with it tho. Inflation is only a problem when the whole community isnt impacted the same.

I see no difference between having 100$ to buy something worth 100$ and having 10$ to buy something worth 10$.

Problem is when price turn from 10 to 100 and ur income from 10 to 80 (exemple) which isnt the case here.

Problem here is more about the time it takes to catch breeders (1 usable breeder every 5-6 catches approx),  making it faster gives it a better $/time, makes more ppl do it, higher supply, same demand, prices go down. And breeding will only be buying braces. Maybe some ppl would like it, but once I heard "gotta catch em all".

Would also make it faster to have the whole pokedex as comp, and have more and more player out of the market. Less dynamic market is dead market. No one likes to wait 2 weeks to sell something.

1 hour ago, Raederz said:

This is not a good idea, but inflation has nothing to do with it tho. Inflation is only a problem when the whole community isnt impacted the same.

Wut, inflation influences a whole economy/community. 

Inflation has to do with it as more yen retained in the economy (less spent/sunk on pokeballs) means there's a larger supply of yen in the economy, ceterus paribus.

Increase supply of yen combined with equal demand of yen  = inflation in virtual economy.

6 hours ago, YoshidoriForum said:

as i thought is too drastic,  yes the main thing is the time but as a mmo it's normal

even with an item would be a problem uh

it just makes no sense at all mate. Like the idea of hunting multiple pokemons of the same, is to find the one with the ivs you want. This makes sure:

1) Game has a somewhat healthy economy

2) You place some effort into the game, the ''reward'' feeling, is what gets you hooked into a game usually. 

Pokeballs are dirty cheap either way, with an island run + npc run through kanto and gyms in hoenn, you can buy yourself 300+ pokeballs. And like Gilan said, the system is already easy enough by itself. 

11 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Wut, inflation influences a whole economy/community. 

Inflation has to do with it as more yen retained in the economy (less spent/sunk on pokeballs) means there's a larger supply of yen in the economy, ceterus paribus.

Increase supply of yen combined with equal demand of yen  = inflation in virtual economy.

ceterus paribus, which means "its just theoric, it will never be this way"

Inflation is seen bad cuz ppl think "prices go up" and because irl, when it happened "too much" (cuz no inflation at all is the worse situation), incomes werent changing the same way for evrerybody, rich ppl getting no impact, or even positive one, and the others having their income constant while prices were going up, and as I said, there is no reason to have it here in pokemmo, we're not even stuck with incomes and stuff, ppl who want $ just make them

8 hours ago, redspawn said:

You place some effort into the game, the ''reward'' feeling, is what gets you hooked into a game usually

yes it's true, but it's not like this thing affect the chance of finding good ivs

you just don't waste time\pokeballs but as i said is a mmo and this it's maybe too much i understand

5 hours ago, Raederz said:

ceterus paribus, which means "its just theoric, it will never be this way"

Inflation is seen bad cuz ppl think "prices go up" and because irl, when it happened "too much" (cuz no inflation at all is the worse situation), incomes werent changing the same way for evrerybody, rich ppl getting no impact, or even positive one, and the others having their income constant while prices were going up, and as I said, there is no reason to have it here in pokemmo, we're not even stuck with incomes and stuff, ppl who want $ just make them

dunno about you Raederz, but while some friends of mine struggle to farm cash to make a comp or something, I have the cash at my disposal to do wtv I want, no matter if everstones rise in price, leppas, anything, it wont hurt me now, cause I kept on saving cash instead of recklessly spending it, that meaning, rich people will move towards goals, a LOT faster, than poor people. And inflaction happens here a lot, you might notice it in shiny prices.

Shiny prices may be the worst exemple as they are mostly getting lower and lower for the expensive ones, and staying constant for the cheap ones. Inflation would make their value go up.

Here, the problem is the lack of inflation. It IS a problem because it kills market dynamic, making people think "Im not that interested, so I better buy it later because the price is not growing up"

32 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Here, the problem is the lack of inflation. It IS a problem because it kills market dynamic, making people think "Im not that interested, so I better buy it later because the price is not growing up"

No, you're wrong. Since you are familiar with the term inflation I am certain you are also familiar with something called demand and supply. You do realize that the longer this game exists. The more rare shinies exist in game. So seeing as the demand for these shinies will roughly stay the same. Since everyone wants them, them being expensive high tier shinies. But the supply will increase. Thus it's price for rarer shinies will deflate. That is not rocket science. It's in fact the first thing you learn in economics. This is all assuming the community of this game doesn't increase by 1000's over the course of months. I'd love it to happen but just for this situation as you are referring to a current situation.

On top of that it is not weird that the common shinies' price stay the same. Because everyone likes to use commons for breeding. Since they're cheaper than others. And that demand and supply will always be there. Since they're common.

But to stay on topic. No this idea is not something that should be done. Yes it will ruin the game's economy.

50 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

No, you're wrong. Since you are familiar with the term inflation I am certain you are also familiar with something called demand and supply. You do realize that the longer this game exists. The more rare shinies exist in game. So seeing as the demand for these shinies will roughly stay the same. Since everyone wants them, them being expensive high tier shinies. But the supply will increase. Thus it's price for rarer shinies will deflate. That is not rocket science. It's in fact the first thing you learn in economics. This is all assuming the community of this game doesn't increase by 1000's over the course of months. I'd love it to happen but just for this situation as you are referring to a current situation.

On top of that it is not weird that the common shinies' price stay the same. Because everyone likes to use commons for breeding. Since they're cheaper than others. And that demand and supply will always be there. Since they're common.

But to stay on topic. No this idea is not something that should be done. Yes it will ruin the game's economy.

>ppl leaving the game everyday.

On what did u based your calcul to assume shiny generation pace is higher than players leaving the game with shinies, or just not willing to trade them anymore ?

Not a good idea at all.

Economy aside....

Gotta Catch 'Em All right ? If you see the IVs and nature beforehand... You might not catch it, hence going against the original tagline.

That would be going against the original Pokemon franchise belief and might piss off Nintendo, not worth the risk.