Healing moves outside of battle

Dinkle

Question

8 answers to this question

Just now, Dinkle said:

I see where you are coming from but i think it's quite balanced as not every poke can learn healing moves (besides rest but like i said above if this did happen maybe leaving rest out would be better)

Not just rest, I researched Miltank's HM movepool and its pretty disturbing....

Surf/strength/Rock Smash/-----

That blank move could be Milk Drink.

A lot of pokemon also learn recover, but Starmie would be broken as well

Surf/Flash/(Dive or Waterfall)/-------------------

Chansey can learn Softboiled, but look at its movepool

Strength/Flash/Rock Smash/-----------------

What I am trying to say is that each of your recovery moves that you mentioned is going to be broken, plus this is a MMO environment, so you need some things to be perishable like your Pokemon's health.

26 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

yeah good point ;p thanks for actual valid points and not just shitting on the suggestion :P :D

No problem, this is an MMO environment so I figured that suggestion would not be a good idea. The developers want us to spend money on recovery resources like potions to make sure that we can have a money sink for a stable economy.

I actually just wrote up the same topic and then searched to make sure it wasn't a double post. I agree this should be implemented. Things can be changed and balanced as Sweet Scent was. Personally, I say don't instantly rule anything out for sake of balance. We have smart developers who can balance things while still adding this unique new PvE tool.

My topic was as follows:

-------

I know this would need balancing and discussion, but in the actual games you can use healing moves out of battle. (An easy way to balance it IMO would be to make it like Sweet Scent and each time it would use like 4 PP of ALL Milk Drink/Recovers on your team, or something similar, since their maxes are 16).

This would be a major help for Elite 4 rebattles, where people often complain are too hard to defeat 5 comp teams in a row without using 20+ items. You end up making extremely little profit because you have to buy so many revives and potions. (I could tangent about how hard the E4 rebattles are for a month, but I'll leave it there as it would get unrelated.)

According to Bulbapedia:

". . . Soft-Boiled can also be used outside of battle to transfer some of the user's HP to another party Pokémon. Each use will transfer 20% of the user's HP, up to the target's maximum HP. The move will not work if the user has 20% or lower HP remaining."

". . .Milk Drink can be used outside of battle to take away 20% of the user's HP and restore another party Pokémon's HP by the same number of points. Milk Drink cannot be used outside of battle if the user's HP is less than 20% of its maximum HP."

Edited by Johnnicles
Minor grammatical/wording changes.
On 11/5/2017 at 2:06 AM, Bestfriends said:

Not just rest, I researched Miltank's HM movepool and its pretty disturbing....

Surf/strength/Rock Smash/-----

That blank move could be Milk Drink.

A lot of pokemon also learn recover, but Starmie would be broken as well

Surf/Flash/(Dive or Waterfall)/-------------------

Chansey can learn Softboiled, but look at its movepool

Strength/Flash/Rock Smash/-----------------

What I am trying to say is that each of your recovery moves that you mentioned is going to be broken, plus this is a MMO environment, so you need some things to be perishable like your Pokemon's health.

I dont get why HM moves with Recover are OP