In-game encounter counter

Dinkle

Question

The encounter counter on the forums just breaks after so long and it's a pain to do the coordinates each time you wanna multitask, also it's pretty annoying to explain to a nub that the encounter counter isn't implemented inside of the game (for some reason >:V) and that they have to download it... AND then do all of that coordinate mess. If it was actually part of the game it could just count the encounters like how the pokedex does for "seen" (aka using actual "packets" ( i guess ) to see when you encounter a wild poke) kinda makes more sense to me, the icon to open it could just be in the menu in the bottom right next to gtl, bag etc.

21 hours ago, Dinkle said:

hm that was on the bottom screen tho and on unova we didn't have the bottom screen :P also for that you had to manually increase them, didn't you?

They can throw in a custom UI for Sinnoh that wouldn't be in the way for the poketch.

Edited by Kite

I think even tho this suggestion has been made a few times before this guy had a valid point for making this thread. All BS aside the fact is that there are many people that have a vested interest in shiny hunting  within this game not withstanding the amazing mod that most of us use, myself included( that has a few issues) which we are undoubtedly great-full for. The simple fact is this is more than a doable functions that the devs can implement or at least give consideration to without having to give any insight into how the shiny rate functions. It would pretty much work the same way the current third party mod works but without all the issues its predecessor faced. Yes Dinkle gave kinda shaky reasons why we need an in-game counter but his heart was in the right place. 

PS: On a side note since we got the unova update the third party encounter has been even more broken it counts when it wants or doesn't even count at all I've tried re downloading/stetting it up over 10 times and it was working perfectly before the unova update. So yeah i have a vested interest in this suggestion !

3 hours ago, Aosora said:

I think even tho this suggestion has been made a few times before this guy had a valid point for making this thread. All BS aside the fact is that there are many people that have a vested interest in shiny hunting  within this game not withstanding the amazing mod that most of us use, myself included( that has a few issues) which we are undoubtedly great-full for. The simple fact is this is more than a doable functions that the devs can implement or at least give consideration to without having to give any insight into how the shiny rate functions. It would pretty much work the same way the current third party mod works but without all the issues its predecessor faced. Yes Dinkle gave kinda shaky reasons why we need an in-game counter but his heart was in the right place. 

PS: On a side note since we got the unova update the third party encounter has been even more broken it counts when it wants or doesn't even count at all I've tried re downloading/stetting it up over 10 times and it was working perfectly before the unova update. So yeah i have a vested interest in this suggestion !

Couldn't of said it better myself! :D