In-game encounter counter

Dinkle

Question

The encounter counter on the forums just breaks after so long and it's a pain to do the coordinates each time you wanna multitask, also it's pretty annoying to explain to a nub that the encounter counter isn't implemented inside of the game (for some reason >:V) and that they have to download it... AND then do all of that coordinate mess. If it was actually part of the game it could just count the encounters like how the pokedex does for "seen" (aka using actual "packets" ( i guess ) to see when you encounter a wild poke) kinda makes more sense to me, the icon to open it could just be in the menu in the bottom right next to gtl, bag etc.

Mine always has this thing where if it crashes and i close it, i cant open it... ever again have to delete > redownload and get a macro clicker to press the up arrow 40,000+ times

and thats the same problem from 2 different computers

Access to an ingame encounter counter - maybe even with added statistics (shinies/non-shinies one encountered, encounters by species...) would be really nice.
It would also enable every player to look those data up quickly/easily and enable the community to share/compare the information, thereby possibly even getting a better idea of the ingame odds to encounter a shiny.

The aim to not give out too much information about the rate could hinder the devs to give us a tool like that ingame.
The detour via the external encounter counter does provide less/maybe incomplete data as few(er) people will use it.

Still would be nice to have some function alike in game.

Edited by Anthrazit

I'm not going to address the various positives/negatives with the suggestion, but;

1 hour ago, Dinkle said:

also it's pretty annoying to explain to a nub that the encounter counter isn't implemented inside of the game (for some reason >:V) and that they have to download it...

If this is a genuine annoyance for you, you could avoid it by just not bringing it up.

Perhaps what Darkshade meant was he wasn't going to address them, again.

This suggestion has been posted at least 5 times officially, before you. Instead of using the search or adding support to the existing threads, you made another one which seems to primarily bash another player's hard work on a mod. Calling the flaws out here isn't going to help that mod author fix it.

You have a few options here. You could politely add support to the existing suggestions for creating a built-in encounter counter. You could create your own, better, mod. You could point those players you're trying to help to the forums, where they may get proper support instead of you trying to "explain it" to those "nubs".

So,

5 minutes ago, Kole said:

Perhaps what Darkshade meant was he wasn't going to address them, again.

This suggestion has been posted at least 5 times officially, before you. Instead of using the search or adding support to the existing threads, you made another one which seems to primarily bash another player's hard work on a mod. Calling the flaws out here isn't going to help that mod author fix it.

You have a few options here. You could politely add support to the existing suggestions for creating a built-in encounter counter. You could create your own, better, mod. You could point those players you're trying to help to the forums, where they may get proper support instead of you trying to "explain it" to those "nubs".

Are we getting a implemented one or not?

The fact it's been posted atleast 5 other times makes it obvious that the community really wants it.

Edited by Dinkle
8 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I understand you want to be helpful, but will you mouth feed everyone that shows at your door? Cause if you do, they'll never learn to do things by themselves.

Well he's already commented rubbish on another one of my suggestions, i don't see why he wants to turn the suggestion box into a social messaging platform.

Could someone delete all the messages that aren't related?

Edited by Dinkle
Including this one
30 minutes ago, Kole said:

This is why a duplicate suggestion rule should exist

2 hours ago, Dinkle said:

get a macro clicker to press the up arrow 40,000+ times

The third party encounter counter stores all of it's data in a text file. Just go into that file and edit the numbers. You can do the same with the coordinates.

I do agree that when it double counts, it is annoying.

I like the idea of having it integrated with the client, but can certainly make do without it being so.

1 hour ago, notmudkip0 said:

It used to be like that, then:

Overall Rule Change

The rules were updated some time ago to remove the rule against duplicate suggestion threads. Do not link similar suggestions saying, "This has already been suggested" or the like. You may use your arguments from other threads in related topics and link the thread, but you must explain why that thread relates to the current discussion.

to prevent this:

1 hour ago, Kole said:

--

On topic.

A sort of compromise in the idea would be a reward point encounter counter.

It wont break the game in any way (P2W) like other items currently in the gift shop, rewards the staff for creating it, and if you really want to use you can obtain it but its totally optional as there are alternatives.

23 minutes ago, axx said:

It used to be like that, then:

to prevent this:

Those two have nothing to do with each other. That change was made to prevent "This has already been suggested. [Close topic]".

I was pointing out that others have had the same suggestion and if you want a change to be made, support others, instead of making a topic primarily complaining about a mod.

3 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

No because the suggestion might not always be 100% the same thing.  Being a vampire about "hurr durr suggested b4"  no shit.  Theres 7 billion people in the world, theres no such thing as original thought.  If we enforce strict lame ass rules it will only strangle players creativity from wanting to post a suggestion int he first place...  Of course you would say something like this though, you rarely ever post suggestions and you are always very quick to talk shit.