"Hardcore" mode *add forced battles like npc with players*

maximilious

Question

This option would allow players that meet each to automatically initiate a battle with the player on sight.  For fairness all pokemon would be set to level 50 and there would need be some restrictions as well as timers to avoid exploits, for example.

Requirements:

Player must have beat the Elite 4 in any region.

Player must have pokemons above or equal to level 50 in his/her party (maybe make this lower?)

Avoid exploits:

To avoid the exploit of having a group of people constantly challenge a player taking turns on him/her a timer is added after an automated player battle is finished, a "grace" period where people who cross paths with that player are unable to initiate battle.

Any thoughts? ideas? improvements on this suggestion?

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, maximilious said:

This option would allow players that meet each to automatically initiate a battle with the player on sight.  For fairness all pokemon would be set to level 50 and there would need be some restrictions as well as timers to avoid exploits, for example.

Requirements:

Player must have pokemons above or equal to level 50 in his/her party (maybe make this lower?)

Avoid exploits:

To avoid the exploit of having a group of people constantly challenge a player taking turns on him/her a timer is added after an automated player battle is finished, a "grace" period where people who cross paths with that player are unable to initiate battle.

Sounds like slighly less easy mode than what there is rn. Most competitive players will have their pokemons lvl 50/100 most time. So competitive people would just faceroll one less prepared, also if you want to battle eachother, why not go into pvp queue? Like that's honestly the best you'll get, not taking tours into consideration. But if you want a gimmick like that, we got that with Mewtwo and Rayquaza

Edited by redspawn
37 minutes ago, Kite said:

How about...no. That whole idea is convoluted as all hell. You already have a lot of ways in PvPing, just use those. Don't force players to PvP when they don't wish to.

How about learn to read? this is an OPTIONAL feature that can be turned off / on.  No forcing to be found.

1 minute ago, maximilious said:

How about learn to read? this is an OPTIONAL feature that can be turned off / on.  No forcing to be found.

Why don't you look at your Original Post and see that you never stated that it can be turned on or off. 

All you gave is a grace period.

The suggestion is crap as you can just battle people using the current systems we already have. 

Just now, Kite said:

Why don't you look at your Original Post and see that you never stated that it can be turned on or off. 

All you gave is a grace period.

The suggestion is crap as you can just battle people using the current systems we already have. 

Alright genius, list me one video game where you are automatically set to "hardcore" mode in any way, shape or form when you start a game, I will be waiting... 

Just now, maximilious said:

Alright genius, list me one video game where you are automatically set to "hardcore" mode in any way, shape or form when you start a game, I will be waiting... 

Show me where in your post (Which I'll post under here) that you stated you can turn it off or on. Otherwise it will be assumed that it isn't. As most suggestions state something can be toggled on or off. You chose not to, so yes it is forced. 

"This option would allow players that meet each to automatically initiate a battle with the player on sight.  For fairness all pokemon would be set to level 50 and there would need be some restrictions as well as timers to avoid exploits, for example.

Requirements:

Avoid exploits:

Any thoughts? ideas? improvements on this suggestion?"

6 hours ago, maximilious said:

Requirements:

Avoid exploits:

Good evening maximilious, this idea sounds great, but not for PokeMMO. Perhaps, it would be good for the official Pokemon games.

We can challenge other people if we want: @DoubleJ VS. @Frag

I think that humans are a lot better than just NPCs because humans can be unpredictable while it is impossible for a NPC to be unpredictable. The AI can only be so smart, but with no human tendencies, you can analyse the AI's patterns and use those patterns against the NPC.

For example: I am rebattling Roxanne and I know that she really wants to pull out Aero on me, so I am going to do a thunderbolt on Aero.

6 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

I think that humans are a lot better than just NPCs because humans can be unpredictable while it is impossible for a NPC to be unpredictable. The AI can only be so smart, but with no human tendencies, you can analyse the AI's patterns and use those patterns against the NPC.

For example: I am rebattling Roxanne and I know that she really wants to pull out Aero on me, so I am going to do a thunderbolt on Aero.

That is only because pokemon's AI isnt that good x)

In 2017, if u get interested in these stuff, u'll see that bots may be even more unpredictable than human.