Proposed Temporary Update Tiers Discussion

Just now, NikhilR said:

In DPP there are some instances that you can have an idea of at least what the typing of the last mon will be. For eg, if you have seen 3 EQ weaknesses in an offensive team so far, you can bet the remaining mons are most likely going to consist of either Breloom, Zap, Rotom, Gengar etc. Most DPP teams carry at least one steel type, so that's there too.  Teams that are weak to water and haven't revealed a water resist usually have at least kingdra, empo, suicune, shaymin etc.There's at least a bit of predictability, whereas here it's just playing so blindly. 

Yeah I 100% agree. In a metagame so fleshed out as DPP, I can almost realize the full team structure off of a few pokemon, or predicting the last with high certainty. It adds an element of playing the game so that you have the highest chance against all possible Pokemon in the unseen slot. I can see a nicely fleshed out Meta in MMo, but the Pokemmo metagame will not have 10+ years to mature like DPP without mechanic changes, new pokemon, new items, etc. I think no team preview is not healthy for us rn.

7 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

i dont believe you mean this, you're just trolling us at this point. 

NU and UU might be awful/unexistent right now because we got no usage on which a metagame could be built, but Doubles is so much worse. If the timer was an issue during TT, you can expect it to be much worse in Doubles until the next update. Of all the offical pvp formats, Doubles  suffers the most from the current mechanic issues and partial implementation of gen 5 moves. Even LC without eviolite looks more playable than current Doubles.

Just now, gbwead said:

NU and UU might be awful/unexistent right now because we got no usage on which a metagame could be built, but Doubles is so much worse. If the timer was an issue during TT, you can expect it to be much worse in Doubles until the next update. Of all the offical pvp formats, Doubles  suffers the most from the current mechanic issues and partial implementation of gen 5 moves. Even LC without eviolite looks more playable than current Doubles.

you're not wrong, but i dont think you want it to be shit. thats bait if i ever saw it

13 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If you're looking at Doubles from a purely "Gen 5" eye, then it surely does suck. But everything we have right now is simply in addition to what we previously had. Now that Follow Me works, the tier is back at baseline, just with the addition of a bunch of new mons and moves. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.