Proposed Temporary Update Tiers Discussion

Just now, Senile said:

I mean, the tier lists here we made on the assumption that the relevant abilities/moves/items actually work. We don't have SR on much right now, but we should soon, as we're assuming the tutors should come in relatively soon.

Also, praise ferrothorn.

I'm hesitant to trust the word in bold. And fak your Ferrothorn, beta ass 2016 level Chansey wall uguu if you ask me =)

There will be plenty of good SR setters once tutor comes out. Ttar, ferro,hippo,gliscor,dugtrio,escadrill,blissey, metagross, skarm, etc. right now tho everyone needs ttar on the team so it's kinda lame 

edit: jk ttar cant even learn sr yet wtf

Edited by Kimikozen

They are last time I tested them.

Problem with those other moves is their drawbacks were completely removed from the equation, leaving, synchronoise especially, way stronger than it was ever intended to be.  120 BP special attack where its entire mechanic doesn't even matter?  Not gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

Does everyone want the team preview, like are we getting it for sure ? 

Just curious, as I'm not really in favor of it.

I think team preview is needed as new mons power creep. shit like volcarona and lucario can by itself win just by eliminating its checks/counters and revealing as last mon. I think DPP OU is great meta but its biggest flaw is no team preview. new unova mons like volc exaggerate this flaw and make it sorta luck based. Not to mention with Dugtrio in tier, it makes matchup based wins even more often. 

edit: forgot to mention, lead matchups are pretty luck based and will be pretty important as items like focus sash are released

Edited by Kimikozen
33 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

I think team preview is needed as new mons power creep. shit like volcarona and lucario can by itself win just by eliminating its checks/counters and revealing as last mon. I think DPP OU is great meta but its biggest flaw is no team preview. new unova mons like volc exaggerate this flaw and make it sorta luck based. Not to mention with Dugtrio in tier, it makes matchup based wins even more often. 

edit: forgot to mention, lead matchups are pretty luck based and will be pretty important as items like focus sash are released

Kills the fun though imo, kinda makes trump cards useless.

We need to scrap the tiers the TC made and just start over. No one is really complaining about there being a lack of UU or NU.  

OU, Dubs, LC. We should just host these officials for a while until we get usage. We currently have a broken foundation considering the tiers were designed around working abilities, moves, and accessible move tutors. Let the tiers shake out on their own. It won't take long. 

Also, give us team preview please. 

22 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

We need to scrap the tiers the TC made and just start over. No one is really complaining about there being a lack of UU or NU.  

OU, Dubs, LC. We should just host these officials for a while until we get usage. We currently have a broken foundation considering the tiers were designed around working abilities, moves, and accessible move tutors. Let the tiers shake out on their own. It won't take long. 

Also, give us team preview please. 

any talk of tiering cant really get past the "are staff going to let things be banned" problem. putting the horse before the cart

20 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

OU, Dubs, LC. We should just host these officials for a while until we get usage.

So much this. If a few items were enough to prompt a tier reset, why not do it for a much bigger change?  Especially since new abilities aren't even working  when some OU mons need them to be placed so high (see: Mienshao, Reuniclus, Breloom and Cloyster)

5 minutes ago, Munya said:

While the enthusiasm is great, i think we are kind of leaning towards just holding OU right now(which is basically ubers) until things are fixed, which we expect to roll out rather quickly. Instead of re-tiering everything.

Saying that OU is "basically ubers" is a bit of a stretch. The tier actually feels pretty stable right now. With Ice Shard, DD sweeps are hard to come by, with Stealth Rocks offense is pretty limited, and because of the heightened fire power defense seems to be threatened adequately. 

With that said we really don't know what an uber is and should try to refrain from the comparison. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Saying that OU is "basically ubers" is a bit of a stretch. The tier actually feels pretty stable right now. With Ice Shard, DD sweeps are hard to come by, with Stealth Rocks offense is pretty limited, and because of the heightened fire power defense seems to be threatened adequately. 

With that said we really don't know what an uber is and should try to refrain from the comparison. 

I meant more in the sense that all pokemon are allowed.

32 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

Does everyone want the team preview, like are we getting it for sure ? 

Just curious, as I'm not really in favor of it.

I get the argument for the trump card part, but it removes a large portion of skillful play and gives the matchup factor a huge, huge advantage. Like there are so many instances where this has happened to me in DPP, where I have maybe 2-3 mons in the back, my scarf ttar is baited into crunching a gengar, and then the opposing Lucario sets up an easy swords dance and manages to sweep.  Before we had the new mons, there could be some "guessing" involved in what the last mon could be. 

27 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

In DPP there are some instances that you can have an idea of at least what the typing of the last mon will be. For eg, if you have seen 3 EQ weaknesses in an offensive team so far, you can bet the remaining mons are most likely going to consist of either Breloom, Zap, Rotom, Gengar etc. Most DPP teams carry at least one steel type, so that's there too.  Teams that are weak to water and haven't revealed a water resist usually have at least kingdra, empo, suicune, shaymin etc.There's at least a bit of predictability, whereas here it's just playing so blindly. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.