Proposed Temporary Update Tiers Discussion

The lists have been changed again, and this is (probably) gonna be the final iteration before the update actually comes out. The main reason for a good amount of these changes has to do with the new addition of Defog as a tutor move, giving it actual distribution, but there's other changes that were made before the Defog tutor thing and never put on this public list.

Changes:

Hippowdon Nonexistent -> OU

Zoroark UU -> Nonexistent

Galvantula NU -> UU

Mienshao UU -> OU

Gliscor UU -> OU

Gligar NU -> UU

Forretress OU -> UU

Tentacruel UU -> NU

Mismagius UU -> NU

Mantine NU -> UU

Bisharp UU -> BL

Honchkrow NU -> UU

Pretty sure this covers everything that's changed from the old lists.

1 minute ago, Mnemosyne said:

Based on what is Tentacruel NU now? I don't so any reason why Tentacruel would be bad. 

If I look at Smogon at the BW tier I see Tentacruel being OU. I know this tier is maybe a bit different but is that much different??

The literal only reason Tentacruel is OU in Gen 5 is because it's one of the only reliable spinners, (Starmie/Excadrill are pretty much your only other options, and Excadrill was banned for a long time) has pretty good passive recovery in Rain with Sludge + Rain Dish, and it's typing lets it answer some scary threats, such as Keldeo, Keldeo, and of course, Keldeo.

Just look at it's literal only listed set in BW OU; Tentacruel's best use by far is as a spinner. But if we're getting widespread Defog usage, along with a metagame where Tentacruel's recovery is worse than ever, as well as the things it can check the best not even being out in the metagame to be a threat, it's suddenly a lot less relevant. Not only does Defog make Tenta super irrelevant in OU, but there are a TON of good Defoggers in UU now giving it massive competition.

19 hours ago, Senile said:

The lists have been changed again, and this is (probably) gonna be the final iteration before the update actually comes out. The main reason for a good amount of these changes has to do with the new addition of Defog as a tutor move, giving it actual distribution, but there's other changes that were made before the Defog tutor thing and never put on this public list.

Changes:

Hippowdon Nonexistent -> OU

Zoroark UU -> Nonexistent

Galvantula NU -> UU

Mienshao UU -> OU

Gliscor UU -> OU

Gligar NU -> UU

Forretress OU -> UU

Tentacruel UU -> NU

Mismagius UU -> NU

Mantine NU -> UU

Bisharp UU -> BL

Honchkrow NU -> UU

Pretty sure this covers everything that's changed from the old lists.

So we're now getting hippodon but losing zoroark?

16 hours ago, Kimikozen said:

Mantine is about to be super good in this meta.  Can defog hazards, check common rain threats except for kabutops, check special attackers like volcarona, has recovery in roost, and ofc scald burns. Gonna be a fun mon to build around.

Can Mantine get roost in gen5?

17 hours ago, Kimikozen said:

Mantine is about to be super good in this meta.  Can defog hazards, check common rain threats except for kabutops, check special attackers like volcarona, has recovery in roost, and ofc scald burns. Gonna be a fun mon to build around.

Smh doesn't even list its most broken addition from the USUM leaks. Mud sport. 

4 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

One of those mons that could see usage, might not. Feels right starting it low and letting it go to ou naturally if so. 

My thoughts too. If it'll end up OU, it'll be because of it's reliability, not because it's too powerful or anything. On the flip side, it's so ridiculously passive that I think it'll struggle to find a foothold there

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.