Proposed Temporary Update Tiers Discussion

2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

While it might not strike many as an immediate OU, we should probably consider the immediate impact Venusaur will have on the tier. It's a sure fire switch in for Ferrothorn, especially with the heavy number of HP Fire Venu's we already have. It also handles Jellicent fairly well, as well as stalling Chansey and Blissey with Leech Seed. It is also an ez switch for Breloom and can threaten Scizor if healthy. 

bafd024de81bf70f69896432b2eb38e8.png

Our lord and savior has spoken.

18 minutes ago, suigin said:

That's a good point we were told he wasn't coming out, why is it in the list?

But no I meant a thicker mon.

Oh you mean Snorlax? When I read your post I was hoping for a legendary to be revealed, but then I saw Zoroark and was like "hmmm... how they gonna implement that?" Next Gen UU is about to be our current Gen OU. 

It's gonna be really interesting to see how rain develops in this meta compared to original black white. This may be a radical opinion, but I honestly think it could be as just as strong in some ways. Stuff like rain stall and rain balance is probably dead, as 5 or 8 turns simply is just not enough to sustain defensive teams that rely on rain. But offense rain might just be as strong. Despite in this meta not having many rain threats like Tornadus, Thundurus, Toxicroak, Keldeo, etc, we do have Pelipper > Politoed. I think Pelipper will be huge bcuz it has U-turn which is going to be amazing for momentum. I think Pelipper/Ferrothorn/Kingdra/Kabutops will be an archetype in this meta, and it will function similarly to SM OU rain. Although the biggest difference between SM and this new meta rain archetype with pelliper is that Ttar will probably be on every single team in this meta and that will hurt Rains ability to do work. But on the contrary, there is no Rotom wash, Celebi, regenerator amoongus, gastrodon to check/wall common rain mons.

5 hours ago, Kimikozen said:

It's gonna be really interesting to see how rain develops in this meta compared to original black white. This may be a radical opinion, but I honestly think it could be as just as strong in some ways. Stuff like rain stall and rain balance is probably dead, as 5 or 8 turns simply is just not enough to sustain defensive teams that rely on rain. But offense rain might just be as strong. Despite in this meta not having many rain threats like Tornadus, Thundurus, Toxicroak, Keldeo, etc, we do have Pelipper > Politoed. I think Pelipper will be huge bcuz it has U-turn which is going to be amazing for momentum. I think Pelipper/Ferrothorn/Kingdra/Kabutops will be an archetype in this meta, and it will function similarly to SM OU rain. Although the biggest difference between SM and this new meta rain archetype with pelliper is that Ttar will probably be on every single team in this meta and that will hurt Rains ability to do work. But on the contrary, there is no Rotom wash, Celebi, regenerator amoongus, gastrodon to check/wall common rain mons.

I imagine seismetoad will become a popular counter to rain teams. Stuff like hp grass Kingdra may come to light

27 minutes ago, Kite said:

Can we talk about Scarf Excadrill? EQ, Rock Slide, Rapid Spin, Iron Head could be a really good set. 

Not really that great, unless you want to be able to revenge kill other excadrills in sand (which would mean you would also have to be sand rush and not mold breaker). Excadrill's utility comes from being able to swords dance and that set doesn't really accomplish it. Locking yourself into rapid spin is generally a bad idea

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.