PokeMMO Nostalgia

I miss and want back my sensei @Vaeldras

I don't have a long and good story like you (and your correct english) but i wanna share a "fun" memory i have here in PokeMMO

I took part in a unofficial OU tournament more than 1 year ago, it was nothing special or important but i wanted to battle so i've just partecipated.. vaeldras decided to come and spectate me and i managed to arrive on the final turn. The battle start and in a turn i make a VERY VERY HUGE mistake, now i don't remember the switch i did but i made one of my pokemon die totally for free. At this exact moment vael start flaming me in whisper, something like OMG WHAT THE F HAVE U DONE and some insults i don't remember and then he logged out T_T  Anyway i continued to battle even tho i was totally losing, a bit desperated i started to take risks every turn and for a miracle i managed to win lol, I instantly opened my steam friends list and wrote to someone (guess who) "I WON U F*G"

END (he logged in to check i was telling the truth) VAEL COME BACK

Edited by Mitch730
27 minutes ago, Mitch730 said:

I miss and want back my sensei @Vaeldras

I don't have a long and good story like you (and your correct english) but i wanna share a "fun" memory i have here in PokeMMO

I took part in a unofficial OU tournament more than 1 year ago, it was nothing special or important but i wanted to battle so i've just partecipated.. vaeldras decided to come and spectate me and i managed to arrive on the final turn. The battle start and in a turn i make a VERY VERY HUGE mistake, now i don't remember the switch i did but i made one of my pokemon die totally for free. At this exact moment vael start flaming me in whisper, something like OMG WHAT THE F HAVE U DONE and some insults i don't remember and then he logged out T_T  Anyway i continued to battle even tho i was totally losing, a bit desperated i started to take risks every turn and for a miracle i managed to win lol, I instantly opened my steam friends list and wrote to someone (guess who) "I WON U F*G"

END (he logged in to check i was telling the truth) VAEL COME BACK

i'd rather eat nails

16 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

o/ long time no see we missed you

15 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Where have you been mister?

nowhere really, once OT disintegrated the appeal of this site was lost. i never play the game (rip to all my shinies, tell them hi) so i don't have much else to contribute on any of the threads

i do miss friends from here, all the dead and live ones 

Edited by Orangeslash
1 hour ago, Orangeslash said:

nowhere really, once OT disintegrated the appeal of this site was lost. i never play the game (rip to all my shinies, tell them hi) so i don't have much else to contribute on any of the threads

A lot of us are still active in Discord

2 hours ago, Orangeslash said:

I fuckin' missed u so much srs

also I remade the diary thread in "creative writing" but no one cares about it as much as the original lol 

Edited by RealLifeAngel
3 hours ago, Orangeslash said:

An OT revival might be in place, just so u know.

• 1 month later...

Going through this thread was a trip down memory lane. I remember so many things from back then. The whole Tobii incident, Jumpeon. Man it was a blast, even if some people lost stuff from scammers, Ill never forget how much fun it was. My journey started waaaay back in 2012, where we didn't even have an Elite 4 and just chilled in Viridian or grinded in the Victory Road. I do regret never having spoken up, and usually playing alone by myself, only ever talking in Global when someone asked to trade evolve, as I myself was a victim of a scammer (I wonder who that couldve been cough cough) so I tried to help others not falling victim to other scammers. Most didnt trust me, but there were a bunch and it was always nice to see them happy with their new evolved Pokemon. And hey, I got a new dex entry for free, that was always something. I miss quite a lot of people from back then, and I see that a lot have stopped or outright vanished. I never got a shiny myself nor did I participate in any tournament (heck I still dont have a competitive Pokemon....) but it was just a blast traveling through the region and reading other peoples stories through Global and the threads here in the forums. At some point I started to chat with Emlee and Feravyne, Fera even being so nice to draw my signature for me and refusing to take my exp share (I had enough) after she opened her art shop, as I offered it to her thinking it was unfair for me to get a freebie like that. But she never took it. I stayed somewhat in contact with Emlee and Fera through Skype, however things died down and the last message I had with Emlee is probably already a good 2 years ago. I cant check on Skype anymore as I deleted it and all the chat logs when Discord rolled around. I must say that the game does feel somewhat more.... hollow. Global chat, as much as Im glad its back, having experienced a bit of the time when Global didnt exist, its just not the same anymore as it used to. But as DoubleJ already said, nothing lasts forever. But in a time before the PSS and Festival Plaza from Game Freak, it was one of the best Pokemon experiences Ive had. And Ill cherish the memories I have, even if no one else here remembers me, which is just my own fault for thinking my english wouldn't be good enough and I shouldnt talk much, else Id just embarass myself.

For why I stopped PokeMMO back then was mostly just how things changed. At some point we were  finally able to breed but the rules for it were just so offputting. I love breeding, its what I do most on my playtime in any Pokemon game since Leafgreen... Sure, its a MMO, so there had to be stuff to make it a bit harder to get the good stuff, but everytime I tried to breed something, I instead just opened my DS or 3ds and breed on there instead. Just in ORAS alone I have had bred over 5000 eggs. (Those are just eevee eggs as I just love to breed these little critters, and then on christmas or eastern wondertrade all of them, giving random players eevees with 5 or 6 31IVs.) Not being able to do the same here just took my interest out of breeding entirely. Well, at least on PokeMMO it took my breeding interests away. On 3ds I was still going strong, helping friends as I had good parents for almost all egg groups and could quickly get my friends the desired Pokemon... And without the competitive side I just didnt have anything to do in PokeMMO anymore, so I stopped. Then I heard Hoenn was finally in the game. But even Hoenn couldnt get my interest back for more than 2 weeks, in which I didnt even complete the Hoenn campaign. I mean, why play Hoenn on PokeMMO when we had an upgraded version? And thanks to the PSS it kind of felt like an MMO, just you couldnt see the other players. Soon PokeMMO fell again into the darker parts of my brain.

And then by coincidence someone in a discord talked about PokeMMO again and showed screens with gen 5 Pokemon. Suddenly I was interested in it again, so Im just gonna finish my Hoenn quest and get to Unova and see where things will go. I just know, no matter the updates, no matter what will come next, PokeMMO will just never be the same as it was back with only Kanto, no Elite 4, and people getting scammed by Tobii and asking how to get Jumpeon....

Phew, its gotten longer than I expected. Thanks for reading I guess. And thanks for the trip through old memories.

• 2 weeks later...

I am the type of person who can only make very specific friends. I don't care for cliques or communities at all. Most of you are idiots at first glance. Some of you reach a little deeper then that. I  played this great game off and on since it started on several accounts. I made zero friends and honestly couldnt give a shit. I want to get drunk and shiny hunt and talk shit in the chat. Thats all i do now. Chat shit in the box and look for shit. The future is both hopeful and bleak.. like a shit mist. U may see me very rarely chattin shit in the chat with the lads or u can see me walking about talking MAJOR shit wading through the shit mist looking for a spark of life. Like a lighthouse it will draw me safely into the litterbox, the shit box where i can empty my uguu into each of your stupid brains. if i dipped my swinging hanging nuts into some precious waterman ink and created a rorschach test on your face u would prob see a shiny snorlax. I have been blessed to enjoy this game every time i log in and fully immerse myself in rhy and repetitive clicking. God has seen my patience and dedication towards my shiny hunts and he will reward me if i am patient and if i pulse my uguu muscle hard enough he might even let me blow a load without so much as stroking myself. Which is something i have been working on as well. Shiny hunting and a hands free orgasm go hand in hand just like whiskey at a funeral. The lord saved me from my little death and i was born a new man. A monk of piety. 

I want to give a shout out to all the staff for all of their dedication and hard work towards this game. Their efforts are appreciated every day by me. Thank you.

Edited by Shame
Regret
  • 1 year later...

I'll keep it short.

Joined just after the wailord shit went down. played a few weeks just enjoying pokemon in what we all had been waiting for. Then i met either Purp or Dannnno while in chat. Noticed the team name was BONG so i asked for an invite, put in an application on the tables, and there you have it. I was in bong from Gambo>Bong>Pipe>Smog On several accounts from bans. Longest running was probably my second account as NotCarl.

I just drifted away from the game. You know how it is. One day missed turns into two then next thing you know Rusty is chief and I'm 2 months behind on new content.

I had an indescribable amount of lulz in this game and from the degenerates it attracted.

How is the game now? I never played black or white so I might creep back in and look around.

Can it run on SNES classic?

• 3 weeks later...