PokeMMO Nostalgia

On 10/25/2017 at 4:15 PM, DoubleJ said:

We shuddered at Burntzebra having played every official tournament for a period of 1.5 years. We laughed at how easily Raaidn ran through the competition at the height of his career and we applauded NikhilR for finally having a strong enough internet connection to prove his greatness. We saw scams, we saw cheats, we saw teamspeak, and we hated discord. All in all, we saw life unfold within this stupid little game... and it was beautiful. 

Goddamnit JJ jinxed me, and robbed me of a Slowking. 

3 hours ago, KoolT93 said:

Hatching eggs w that flag system

Spamming a move and being like wtf why this mf doesnt unlock...then realize the egg doesnt known the move xddddd

#GodBlessThatGuyInCinnabar #4.2KPerEgg #Clonemmo

I think at that time paying to unlock the flags for an egg was the most efficient way to do it.

I remember paying him to unlock the flags and then I'd go farm using Pay Day. I think it was also easier to recoup what you paid for the flags too.

6 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

I think at that time paying to unlock the flags for an egg was the most efficient way to do it.

I remember paying him to unlock the flags and then I'd go farm using Pay Day. I think it was also easier to recoup what you paid for the flags too.

#IcefallCaveGang

On 11.11.2017 at 11:07 PM, Jordzi said:

This is gonna be super long, and I’m not sure whether anyone will read this, or if anyone will care, but it seems like the right time to add my story to this thread! So, here goes…

I first joined this game in 2013. Back then, all of the cool kids hung round outside Viridian. I remember spending weeks (literally) hunting for a lucky egg in Safari zone. Weeks looking for decent Dratini, because Dragonite has always been my favourite Pokemon. I remember biking up past Viridian and seeing all of the trainers gathered round outside, and wanting to be like one of those guys. I remember trolling channel chat mercilessly – ‘Lucky egg giveaway on CH3 Lavender Town’ and then laughing my ass off as swarms of people turned up and followed me round, ‘Where’s my egg? Where’s my egg?!’ I remember the first time I ever played against a guy’s Starmie, and it absolutely ripped me a new one. Then 2 weeks later I went back and countered and beat that guy. I remember the first time I ever got ‘stalled out’ by a Blissey, and I was genuinely in awe. It seemed like dark magic or something. I grinded and worked and finally got a team that I could take to Viridian gym, and become ‘one of the cool kids’. My first match went down to the wire. Some guy’s Nidoking missed his Megahorn on my Dragonite, I took him down and went nuts. It felt so awesome. I carried on winning (and losing) for a while…and then they introduced breeding. I’m dedicated to my Pokemon, but that was a huge blow. I worked hard trying to breed for about a month, but finally just gave up, and moved onto other things…

Fast forward to summer 2016 and Pokemon Go hit the market. I wasn’t interested in that nooby game, but it made me want to start playing Pokemon again, and actually be good at Pokemon (not just good at mashing a button). So, I came back. The first thing I did was log in, and check where my old Pokemons where at. Unfortunately, I couldn’t remember half the buttons. So I went into the daycare to check on my old Dragonite, who I’d been breeding, but couldn’t get the lady at the desk to talk to me. I stood there for ages, spamming chat:  ‘HOW DO I GET THIS LADY TO TALK TO ME?’ Nobody responded, until this one guy finally came up to me, stood right in my face and said, ‘KYS kid’. Lol.

After I worked out the basics again, I started the biggest grind of my life. I identified the 6 or 7 Pokemon which I liked the most, and said I am going to grind non-stop until I get these. And so I did. From July to the end of September, I spent every single spare moment of my life fighting NPC trainers, breeding and trying to get the best pokes possible. Some of the grind sessions were ridiculous – literally waking up at 9am on a Saturday and fighting NPCs until 9 at night. And then, it happened. Shiny Skarmory appeared. And the IVs were great too! I don’t care about shinies, and I don’t like Skarm that much, so I was just thinking $$$. I put it in trade chat and immediately all hell broke loose. I was getting messages right, left and centre:

‘PLZ PLZ GIVE ME YOUR SKARMORY I’ll DO ANYTHING PLZ.’

‘PLZ ILL LET YOU HAVE MY MUM AND MY SISTER JUST PLZ PLZ GIVE ME YOUR SKARM.’

You get the idea…I actually had to log off because it stressed me out so badly. When I came back on, I eventually sold it for 30 million. I probably could have got more, but I was a noob back then.

Anyway fast forward a few months and I finally had the team I wanted. I was ready to fight (now outside of Vermillion). I won my first match, and just carried on beating people. Then one day a guy turned around to me and was like ‘Hey, I like your style, do you wanna join my team?’ I was on the fence, but eventually he persuaded me. That guy was Rusty, the original leader of HERB. So I joined up, and I started playing HERB tournaments. Those early days were the most fun I ever had on this game. It was me, Wu, Law, Rusty, Sjado, Obama, Gallick and some others. I remember us all going to catch Mewtwo, and me getting it at the first attempt, before getting rolled by some guy’s Snorlax. I remember winning my first ever tournament vs PkmnTrainerJC, with salac berry Gardevoir, and losing the title the very next week. I remember getting flinched haxed by Law's Aero in my first ever tournament, semi final, and just being absolutely devastated. 

Anyway, come late December Rusty wasn’t on very much anymore. A big argument ensued between certain other members of the team, and I eventually ended up being given the title of Boss, pretty much by default. This wasn’t something I had planned for or expected at all, so I had to get used to the position very fast. I would like to think I’ve done an okay job, although there have been ups and downs. I won a record number of HERB tournaments, had some killer matches outside Vermillion and recruited a group of staple players into HERB who I hope will be there for a long time. I still never won an official though, even at Uber tier, and I have always come up just short against the really top players on this game =[. It's been really eye-opening though, and I think it's genuinely taught me a lot - which isn't something that you ever expect to happen in an online video game. 

July 2017

From July onwards things went downhill for me a bit. You can only run the same 6 Pokemon for so long before everyone figures you out, and even though I would like to think I’m good at what I do – everyone has limitations, especially if people are prepared for you. I hate losing, especially outside of Verm. I find it humiliating and difficult to take, and the losses just kept coming. My confidence was gone, I just couldn't do it anymore. The 6 mons I run though are the only 6 Pokemon I like , so I’d rather die using them than live using something else. This game isn’t about winning for me, it’s about winning with my favourite Pokemon, and if I can’t do that then there’s just no joy for me.

When it was announced that Gen 5 was going to be the next one, I knew my goose was cooked. Gen 4 I could handle, but Gen 5 just doesn’t hold any interest for me. It’s the right time to retire and hang up my Pokeballs, and so I gave Xatu the boss title. I know people on this forum have mixed views on Xatu, and some of his suggestions are hilariously funky – conga line (lol) but he truly cares about this game and he is a genuinely good dude, so I can’t think of a better person to lead team HERB forward.

I have made some amazing friends on this game – @SteveDerBaum @WuMethodMan, @TrixieTheTank @Xatu, plus so many others, and it’s got me through a tough time in my life. This game is so different to anything else out there, and I hope it carries on for years to come.

And so, my journey ends here. It’s been absolutely amazing, and I don’t think I will ever enjoy playing another game as much as I have this one. I have loved every minute of it. <3 HERB.

TLDR: I had a great year. Cya.

You ass , it was me who asked you if you like to join us :P

still gonna miss ya bra and i feel my time has come too...gen 5 is not the pokemon i always played..

maybe im gonna make a wall of text like you did.

im very happy i got to know you bro and we had great times <3 i wish rusty could have seen what we made with herb :)

<3<3<3

Edited by WuMethodMan
  • 5 weeks later...

I've been wanting to write something here for ages. But kept putting it off or forgetting. SO HERE WE GO!

I started back in 2013. Back then I was more of a cringelord than I am today. Yeah I know. Didn't know that was possible either. But back then I just had fun messing around with people. Talking in channel chat with some old buddies, and just generally being a keyboard warrior. Gotta love puberty. And being in a team of @jerryzoo.  After playing the game for a while I decided to get into competitive. Or at least try to. I remember this one battle so clearly with NightWingX. It was honestly the closests and most intense battle I ever had on this game. Funny enough this battle started because I BMed the hell out of him. We became best friends afterwards. Anyway competitive at the time wasn't really my forte. And decided to take a break from the game

After my return to the game I joined team Bong in 2014-15. Met a lot of wonderful people there like @Phatiman. Wish you still played. I basically took another break after that because school was being very demanding.

When coming back to the game I joined this plebian team called Mudvin @Zymogen. I mean MDVN. Which was led by @xSparkie at the time. I spent a majority of my time playing this game inside this team. Becoming best of friends with multiple people inside of the team. Which I still talk to to this day. Every day. I need more irl friends. After 1.5 years and taking another small break MDVN merged together with RNSC. Making RISÉ. Which I was an executive in for almost a year. And almost won a TT with that team. But I choked the hell out of finals and lost so badly against Frags I couldn't look myself in the mirror for weeks. 

In the meantime I had become staff. And left RISÉ just being solo for a bit and just doing my own thing. I later did rejoin RISÉ momentarily but left to GM quite soon though. Which I am still in till this day.

Met a lot of great people in this game. From 4 year old friends like @Parke and @xXBlu3BreathXx to plebs like @Bilburt . And ofcourse my staff buddies. And the love of my life @Bearminator.

Spent a lot of time on this game. Didn't really accomplish anything. So not really much to talk about accolades wise. I'm bad. You don't need to tell me. Atleast I'm not Coolio though so I got that going for me. 

Thank you everyone for making this game a blast for me. Now if you'd excuse me. I gotta sit into dnd afking. @Malorne am I doing it right?

6 hours ago, TheChampionMike said:

I've been wanting to write something here for ages. But kept putting it off or forgetting. SO HERE WE GO!

I started back in 2013. Back then I was more of a cringelord than I am today. Yeah I know. Didn't know that was possible either. But back then I just had fun messing around with people. Talking in channel chat with some old buddies, and just generally being a keyboard warrior. >Gotta love puberty. And being in a team of @jerryzoo. < >>>>>>(Thanks Mike for the..um kind words xD being in a team with you was fun)<<<<<<{ After playing the game for a while I decided to get into competitive. Or at least try to. I remember this one battle so clearly with NightWingX>>>>>>>>>> (ohh ik this guy he's on my team right now xD. Hahahha how the roles change.)<<<<<<<<< It was honestly the closests and most intense battle I ever had on this game. Funny enough this battle started because I BMed the hell out of him. We became best friends afterwards. 

>>>>>(Take care Mike you've grown so much since our time spent on zvis.)<<<<<<

Edited by jerryzoo
Cuz i messed up and wrote in the quote without properly editing idc on my phone and at work
On 12/21/2017 at 8:48 AM, TheChampionMike said:

I started back in 2013. Back then I was more of a cringelord than I am today. Yeah I know. Didn't know that was possible either. But back then I just had fun messing around with people. Talking in channel chat with some old buddies, and just generally being a keyboard warrior. Gotta love puberty. And being in a team of @jerryzoo.  After playing the game for a while I decided to get into competitive. Or at least try to. I remember this one battle so clearly with NightWingX. It was honestly the closests and most intense battle I ever had on this game. Funny enough this battle started because I BMed the hell out of him. We became best friends afterwards. Anyway competitive at the time wasn't really my forte. And decided to take a break from the game

After my return to the game I joined team Bong in 2014-15. Met a lot of wonderful people there like @Phatiman. Wish you still played. I basically took another break after that because school was being very demanding.

When coming back to the game I joined this plebian team called Mudvin @Zymogen. I mean MDVN. Which was led by @xSparkie at the time. I spent a majority of my time playing this game inside this team. Becoming best of friends with multiple people inside of the team. Which I still talk to to this day. Every day. I need more irl friends. After 1.5 years and taking another small break MDVN merged together with RNSC. Making RISÉ. Which I was an executive in for almost a year. And almost won a TT with that team. But I choked the hell out of finals and lost so badly against Frags I couldn't look myself in the mirror for weeks. 

In the meantime I had become staff. And left RISÉ just being solo for a bit and just doing my own thing. I later did rejoin RISÉ momentarily but left to GM quite soon though. Which I am still in till this day.

Met a lot of great people in this game. From 4 year old friends like @Parke and @xXBlu3BreathXx to plebs like @Bilburt . And ofcourse my staff buddies. And the love of my life @Bearminator.

Spent a lot of time on this game. Didn't really accomplish anything. So not really much to talk about accolades wise. I'm bad. You don't need to tell me. Atleast I'm not Coolio though so I got that going for me. 

Thank you everyone for making this game a blast for me. Now if you'd excuse me. I gotta sit into dnd afking. @Malorne am I doing it right?

Where da fuck is nightwing?? Miss that lil fiji bastard

I started back in early September 2012 during the great reddit invasion.

When I first started, I was the biggest edgy teen of all time, and my sole purpose was to annoy every person I came in contact with and then get majorly butthurt when someone did it back to me. Over the last 2-3 years though I just became that guy who would pop up every now and again and maybe say something funny.

I've made many friends, and also been in a quite a few teams, notable mentions Bushido and RISE of course.

Anyone remember when the theme looked like this?

B8YsldC.jpg

kV3n6gh.png

Edited by kloneman
37 minutes ago, kloneman said:

I started back in early September 2012 during the great reddit invasion.

When I first started, I was the biggest edgy teen of all time, and my sole purpose was to annoy every person I came in contact with and then get majorly butthurt when someone did it back to me. Over the last 2-3 years though I just became that guy who would pop up every now and again and maybe say something funny.

I've made many friends, and also been in a quite a few teams, notable mentions Bushido and RISE of course.

Anyone remember when the theme looked like this?

B8YsldC.jpg

kV3n6gh.png

Spxter (Member since 2013-02-15) Damn these were the days !!

On 12/22/2017 at 5:48 PM, Flavawhat said:

relevant cuz nostalgia

c779c92be2f09a72be4efeff678df5c3.png

Good times just doin' nothin' lol 

look at how fuckin' stupid my character looked! Purple hair & tacky ass name to go w/ it, idk wtf I was thinking when I put 4 h's, funny though b.c everyone used to be so stupid & call me Maria as if the one h let alone all 4 has nothin' to do with my name lol

On 12/23/2017 at 3:16 PM, jerryzoo said:

On team WIND

Tell him i said privyet, or don't idc lol