PokeMMO Nostalgia

Best moment was catching the Modest 29/29/27/29/31/30 Horsea back in catch mmo days (also had to level it up and keep track of the IV ranges to figure out what IV's it had using a 3rd party program cause that wasn't a part of the game yet) when Lucky Eggs were the currency.

Also miss the glory days of 3Chan.

TaLa, GxNO, LxV, all the shiny trading that I witnessed.

Giving away my labcoat because I was quitting, then came back and grinded for weeks to buy one from Lazaro, which happened to be colourable \o/

I've plenty of nostalgia, but these are probably the highlights.

4 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

I've been here forever please end the suffering. I'll probably make some long winded post about the golden years when I've got a real keyboard to type on instead of phone. 

give me your address around christmas 

ok xela fine

you know who has been posting nudes you know where and you know where to find them and also your freinds like me hola @DoubleJ

Edited by fredrichnietze
No Discord links

I don't have much to say on this because my memory sucks on occasion but I'll try to wax nostalgic here. -pulls out glasses and pipe-

I joined this game in October 2012 and was pretty much hooked on it. I tended to keep to myself though because reasons so I never really started making any friends until later on. I remember Patrick running the Find a Friend events with Smee the Smeargle back before we started awarding prizes by the round. I think I managed to win 1 round though. I remember when breeding was introduced into game as well. Good ole' BikeMMO. I remember it used to take 10 minutes before the server would roll for egg production back then as well. Myself and a few other players decided to make timer apps to help players keep track of the time. I remember getting help from Darkshade to make sure I had the correct time in the app. I remember the Tobii memes along with Jumpeon and the Jump Stone. Pre-customization days when you only got to pick the color or your sprite's hat and nothing else. I'm sure there is more I'm missing aside from joining BABN then leaving to join LYLE briefly before I joined GM Team.

4 hours ago, TeamRocketHarry said:

I started early 2013 didn't do much in the beginning except grind the Slots (and I was a pro at that shit) until I got my rocket uniform, then I joined a nice team after that but it died. About a month later I was in Vermillion where I fought this one guy who used a Curse/Shadowball Umbreon @Telf, I can't remember who won but we ended up becoming friends after that. We basically hung around Celadon most of the time, where Telf, Malorne, Zakavelli, RibadH(Kanzo), and myself would battle to determine the "King of Celadon". Only took me about 2 months of playing to find my first shiny, which was a Stantler I caught in Altering Cave(on the day it opened too) while I was hunting bagon. I ended up joining a nice team called HUGZ later in 2013, apparently it was a team of mostly girls (mostly guys), still it was a pretty good time. eventually the team split with Pattylove making some team called PIMP and the rest going their separate ways, a few of us from HUGZ decided to regroup and made a team called Team NoSleep, (Shoutout to Manny aka MtheGod wish you were still here man). After a year or so I ended up in MDVN where I had to battle xSparkie to join (Swept him with Slaking was ez), for the most part I've stayed in MDVN since then and met some pretty cool people like Archon(rip), KaosXV, Rendiz, Leviiticus, Sofa, and skrubs like Suneet and Oltan kek.

There is more shit but I just can't remember it

rip the good ole days

PS WTT Lucky Eggs LF Shinies

YOOO good fucking times I want 2013 back, also you forgot about @twofist in the "king of celadon" tournies which is completely understandable hes pretty forgetable.

15 minutes ago, Telf said:

YOOO good fucking times I want 2013 back, also you forgot about @twofist in the "king of celadon" tournies which is completely understandable hes pretty forgetable.

Twofist, I had not heard that name in a while. I remember when I was getting into YouTube and I saw him in game battling a lot of people. I am not sure what happened to him though.

Best moment was when during the Poke Marathon event or something like that, due to having few players Gilgamesh decided to play. It was a Doubles UU lvl 50 tournament. 

His first opponent challenged him in Singles with a level 80+ Slowbro.

"Why does this always happen to me REEEEEEE"

Also, best time was before breeding

9 hours ago, TeamRocketHarry said:

I started early 2013 didn't do much in the beginning except grind the Slots (and I was a pro at that shit) until I got my rocket uniform, then I joined a nice team after that but it died. About a month later I was in Vermillion where I fought this one guy who used a Curse/Shadowball Umbreon @Telf, I can't remember who won but we ended up becoming friends after that. We basically hung around Celadon most of the time, where Telf, Malorne, Zakavelli, RibadH(Kanzo), and myself would battle to determine the "King of Celadon". Only took me about 2 months of playing to find my first shiny, which was a Stantler I caught in Altering Cave(on the day it opened too) while I was hunting bagon. I ended up joining a nice team called HUGZ later in 2013, apparently it was a team of mostly girls (mostly guys), still it was a pretty good time. eventually the team split with Pattylove making some team called PIMP and the rest going their separate ways, a few of us from HUGZ decided to regroup and made a team called Team NoSleep, (Shoutout to Manny aka MtheGod wish you were still here man). After a year or so I ended up in MDVN where I had to battle xSparkie to join (Swept him with Slaking was ez), for the most part I've stayed in MDVN since then and met some pretty cool people like Archon(rip), KaosXV, Rendiz, Leviiticus, Sofa, and skrubs like Suneet and Oltan kek.

There is more shit but I just can't remember it

rip the good ole days

PS WTT Lucky Eggs LF Shinies

I dont see where you put me in this place harry. im pretty special to. Is sofa do you mean me?

Myself? I joined back on my first account back in 2013 during CatchMMO days, first group I joined was Team Rocket. Sadly my s/o at the time was filled with drama and after I broke up with them I left Team Rocket just to make things easier. Then I joined a group where I met @RacheLucario and we had become friends I'd like to say even when we had our debates she clearly won cause I'm always a noob (never wanted to admit that and still don't). 

I remember one day walking into the Power Plant for the first time and my first encounter was an Electabuzz. This Electabuzz was considered pretty Godly for a catch. I'll show it real quick. I know can't wait to evolve this baby when Gen 5 hits. 

AByTCto.pngQfY4IMp.png

Then sadly my friends from the group I was in started to leave the game where I eventually took a break as well coming back here and there. To my surprise I noticed that Rache was a CM and now the fact she is a GM is awesome :)

Well, back in 2012 some guys from school were talking a Pokemon MMO and they ended up showing me the site. At the time I was a huge Pokemon fan but kept it secret because "ur too old hehe" As such I never got any of the newer games, instead just player emerald over an over. I made my first account here on the 26th of September 2012 and as much of a fan I was, I didn't know the first thing when it came to competitive battling. I knew about natures and that about it, never heard of IV's or EV's nor had I ever seen a Pokemon meta. With this lack of knowledge my first competitive Pokemon I went for was a Beedrill (I did catch a decent one tbf) so yeah. Time past by and some of those friends stopped playing as did I, although I did end up coming back near 2013. Unfortunately I forgot my username because I'm bad and thus Kizhaz was born on the 10th of Jan. I still didn't know much about the competitive scene but I joined the forums in early 2013 which led me to watching and participating in officials. I was very bad (inb4 still am) and 3v3 meta didn't really help. My only remaining irl friend still playing was in a team with a bunch of other players, most randos only playing for story, and only one that was also into competitive battling. His name was oooeioooeiooo or something, I can only remember Plizard trying to pronounce it on streams. We didn't talk much nor did we really do much in officials, eventually the whole team stopped logging in and we all went our separate paths.

Being teamless I didn't think much at first, I still was bad at officials but gradually learning, mostly from watching a player named Plague. He always had some strange team that seemed really odd then pulled some crazy manoeuvre to get wins. I respected him as a player and used his actions as a sort of mentor. Unfortunately still being bad I entered a UU tournament with a Parasect (That I taught Swords dance from the tutors that weren't renewable at the time). I managed to get on stream that day, still got wrecked by a Tentacruel. I decided to try an make a team in hopes I could recruit some competitive players to learn with, unfortunately that lasted maybe a week if I'm generous but ended up joining another competitive team being Lyle instead. I had seen their names pop up in tournaments and saw they were recruiting on the forums so thought why not. From then on I started getting a lot better, still had my moments like when Umbreon was first introduced and I mentioned Mean look Sand attack being an op set... It didn't take long for my first achievement in the team though as the very first Oceanic was hosted and I managed to get to the finals in the 4v4 meta. From sweeping AaronAaron in the semi I felt confident, but lost pretty badly to DoctorPBC (of all people amirite). I ended up getting tired with the game and my activity logging in became sparse. I was always around on the forums to keep up with everything.

A whole lotta nothing much happened until Hoenn came out which I was really excited for as I knew Emerald like the back of my hand from all those years playing it secretly. Apparently I showed my knowledge as I got a pm from Noad asking me if I wanted a staff position. A decision I still regret to this day I decided to decline the offer in hopes of winning an official at least once. I still played every now and then with a couple months breaks at a time and with the introduction of clonemmo I had gotten my irl friends playing again. I ended up using my previous team I made as a team for my friends to chat on and I would hop on my alt (aka my first account, I did get remember the username eventually don't worry ;)) just to do so. Unfortunately fate took a turn as the Phys/Spec split was introduced, and my friends breeding a bunch of HP Bug Scizor and HP Flying Gyarados at the time felt their time was wasted and left yet again. It did however allow me to focus all my effort back into Lyle and using my now somewhat useless clone breeds I used them as tickets for my Lottery event I decided to start hosting. I did enjoy hosting it despite the hate comments at first and people accusing of scams despite my efforts to make it as fair as possible. Through the lottery I met some really cool people on Global chat as well like Chibisaurus, Oxypolar, Bishav and PokemonMagnet whom I would chat with everyday. Unfortunately the lottery lasted somewhere between 10-20 weeks before I had to stop due to all my money vanishing, logging on just to make enough money to act as a price became rather difficult, not to mention I was running out of pokemon to act as a ticket.

Being drained I took another break off from the game and returned later in 2015 or 2016, it's all a blur now. By then I had become a known member of the community, unfortunately still not for my competitive achievements. Only accomplishing another 2nd place in an NU official when it was fairly new after Hoenn iirc (Screw you Kaynine, still bad) and another 2nd in a doubles tournament smacking DocPBC in the semis... not hax at all I swear, only to lose badly to Rendiz in the final. At this point I wasn't too fussed about winning an official, I more cared about keeping in touch with everyone I had met, and PSL allowed for both my competitive side and social side (or lack thereof in some cases) to flourish. I feel it was PSL that really put me on the map, something I can sum up in one picture czW7LUo.png

Eventually it was during PSL 6 when I was offered a staff position yet again, this time by RacheLucario. I decided to jump on the opportunity this time, and I feel it was perhaps the best decision I made. I've never been more active, or at least since I first began all those years ago and more importantly I got to talk to the other staff members of the game, something I had not really been able to do due to my timezone.

From grinding in Victory Road before the elite 4 was implemented, CatchMMO to SlotMMO to CloneMMO to BikeMMO to GrindMMO, Official event streams, PSL thieves, nice memes (shiny rate scandal and Blind Meta op), team speak talks... kinda and now Discord chats. I can see why this game has helped shape me as a person and ultimately got me back into Pokemon, publically. Honestly I feel I could write a novel on this, I just keep remembering more stuff, Neverforget the doubles match vs Coolio...

Not much to say here, but i thank @DoubleJ , @KaynineXL , @KingBowser  and @NikhilR because they all taught me how to play.

I also miss the old meta and all the competitive people that retired because of the upcoming changes.

Time goes fast and the game changes as much as people does, so there's only one thing i can say. " @Sebat likes my little pony and dora."

Best moment for me was in 2012/2013. There was an unofficial tournament that had a mighty  shiny gyarados as price. Level restriction was lvl 50 - 70, So many people used their level 55s dragonites and shit (some even leveld up some pokes to 70 only for the tourney) Anyway, I played a lot of lvl 50 pvp so I didnt want to level up my comps and I somehow made it to the finals. The timezone didnt help, It was very late into the night (3am or so) and I had Classes in a couple hours. The dude I was against had a full lvl 70 team and was crushing my ass pretty hard. (iirc I was down like 3-6), I was almost falling asleep, defeteated,. But then, somehow I managed to kill his steelix and I got a set-up chance, it was give or take: COSMIC POWER CLEFABLE. Now, this was back in the days where these things weren't implemented just yet, to name a few: Heracross, superpower, swords dance, belly drum, skarmory, whirlwind, roar, haze, crits didnt ignore boosts, etc...

Yep, I got a few boosts, used rest and Clef ended up 6v1'ing that dudes lvl 70 team with CosmicPower/Toxic/Psychic(for gengar)/Rest. I felt like a fucking genius, I also think I almost had an aneurismn from laughing that hard. Later on I traded that gyara for some wild comps that today are worth like 300k max alltogether, but that's another story.

I still have that Clef in my box.

R7u6B6n.png

Also, I met met a lot great people while playing the game, specially during my time in NORE, and it felt great to watch a friends dream come true: After so much work jovi finally won the TeamTournament with his own team, that was fucking great.

Shoutouts to @kevola @JIceJDragon @Zymogen @DoctorPBC @Lazaro23 @queenjeanne @LifeStyle @ORBFLUX @MathewMat @BlackJovi @Rendiz @Terresa@xSparkie @GBush @Torinnnnn @pachima @Coge @EYL  @aftershocker  @NORE  love y'all

wdHqzFr.jpg

Oh, It was also hilarious when I spent 40k breeding this:

Ip2vj6P.png

Ps: Sorry Kev, I lied. I never released It.

Everything else asie, I'd say the main takeaway from this thread is that yeah we've all had good gameplay moments but I think it is the people that make this game great. Thank you all for the good moments. lov u

Also, I should really be studying right now.

Edited by FNTCZ

I miss old 3chan times. And a lot of people I met there. I miss Elkaroo who was joining us in conversations and his shiny eevee, when I was still a total newb who did not even think about playing competitively. I miss the youngest days of Aura when we were a small team back then with an incredible atmosphere created by people like @Marsus and @Daniellegal (also known as Danielle gal).

But what I miss most, are silph tournaments with actual shiny prizes. This was the reason I really wanted to play, the atmosphere during these events is unforgettable and I cannot express how much it breaks my tiny heart when I do not see them around anymore. I remember the mythical jolly Ditto "The Jolly" which visited probably half of the server, creating Tauroses, Tyrogues and many many more, the Dragonites I bred... 90% of HP flying Dragon egg group pokes were with my OT back then. I miss Dede being active in teamchat along with Jim telling him every day that he's a fegget. I bet he still misses Monica.

I miss times when global chat was still on. It was a clusterfuck but I loved it. I miss some old staff members, Mu, Elk, Patrick, Tranz (he's still bad) and obviously, Caramel- she was the first person to ever sent me an email ingame. And I still have it. Im sorry that the shiny pers you gave me got banned along with my 847352649 alts.

I miss the times when I had the motivation to say "fuck school I have to win this official!" and stayed up until 2-3am because we did not have choice bands and shit and all tiers were stall. I miss the WEELEE sweeps when I just sent it out and spammed Superpower. I miss timeclause battles, like when YettoDie allahuakbar'd kingboozer to timeclause during one official, resulting in dq.

I miss the times when I was so gud I swept coolio 6-0 without losing a single HP point on any of my pokes.

This will never come back :(

ok, i know you guys dont want to hear this, or you dont give a shit, but i have something to say. i meet alot of amazing people in MMO, and Then i went to hugz and then mdvn and then ive been in so many other teams and meet this meme guy called @TeamRocketHarry and then I meet these 2 awesome people @KaynineXL dont give up your dream find your shiny sunkern and @Bilburt you are a cutie when you make jokes.

Like My bestfriend @Tyrone and @RysPicz and @Darkshade and @Noad You guys have done so much for me. 

and then later on i joined Mr i meet people like @awkways and @chesars and when i say OMG and you always yell at me because i didnt find a shiny haha and The people in glow like @IndigoElite and then after i meet this guy i found so many ots, so thank you @GodofKawaii, I had ups and downs with staff members and so on....then a bully came back and apologized to me which meant the world to me. @RealLifeAngel <3

and Then i meet a really cool Mod @ImFunk and i given you all my awesome nice mudkips. Thanks for being so kind to me and helping me out in game! 

we have alot of cool memories and then @Bearminator calls me a metapod all the time...which will i ever evolve into a Butterfree...haha

Edited by EmoDuck