PokeMMO Nostalgia

I'm from mid-2016, dunno if it's nostalgia already.

Being staff for some month helped me a lot to find people to have me stuck here tho. Even if my hater prankster way of shit behaving already made me make some nice friends before that.

I have no one in particular, but I like the whole thing, and it made me stay every time I got "bored" of the game. Cuz community > game. Ez

I had no many pokemon experience before pokemmo, and found out that I dont really like pokemon competitive playing, so, Pokemmo is now my "side game" I play all day while living my life (when Im at home, cuz no android pokemmo rip), just clicking from time to time. Fits well with shiny hunting, so that's now my only reason to play here, out of the awesome community.

Oh and I also love suggestion box. Suggested stuff are mostly not likely to happen but still nice to discuss and get to know everyones vision.

Edited by Raederz

I found this game in late 2012, as a young adult, did not rly get into it & the forums until 2013. Quickly I made some ingame & forum friends, to name a few; @guyverone @Noad @Rae @ItsGray @fredrichnietze @Emlee @Orangeslash @DieMirin69 @Malorne @TheGloriousWalrus @Misfire33 @ThinkNice & a bunch of others who i either cannot think of at the moment & I am not going to spend this entire time listing them all even if I did, but for those I did not mention you are vry dear to me, & I hope you prosper ~

Over a period of time I stopped talking to a lot of these people, between them & myself getting banned, simply moving on, or because we stopped being friends. I still find myself coming back here with a desire to reconcile with the community. I know I was never the nicest to ppl here, quite the contrary & I know it is obvious that I do still have an attitude. I agree with DoubleJ, it is not the game that keeps me coming back, that makes me want to play again, but the community itself. I do not regret really any of the vry mean things I have done as apologetic I am for them, I only regret not appreciating the community more at the time, because frankly as dumb as I think some of the things that are said here are, i luv & hate you all. 

Some of the best times I ever had while part of this community were in the old offtopic forums. That is where I became close w/ out of the ppl I became friends with. A bond I have never honestly experienced before. I am typically someone that tends to just randomly disappear, for example; when I lived in California, I rented a house w/ a vry dear friend of mine named Tala. Then one night came along & I packed as much of my important shit as possible & left in the middle of the night to go live in Russia. She still has no idea what happened to me or where I went, or if I am even alive. The entire reason I cannot even play yet is because I left my laptop there. Anyway, point is, i have made such connections with the community here that the ppl I have became friends with meant more time than ppl in my personal life, even those I no longer am friends with or talk to anymore I will always consider part of my life. 

Long post short; No matter how much third degree this community gets, it holds something special, something not many other communities have & despite how much of you shit post it should be cherished!

~ * SLAVA POKÉMMO SOOBSHCHESTVO * ~ 

Welp this thread just exhausted all of my human emotions for the day ^~^

I think my first encounter with this game was back in 2012 or 13, while mindlessly browsing the internet about pokemon related things. The computer I was using was my father's, and I knew he wouldn't like me downloading anything and possibly infecting the PC, so I had to pass. It wasn't until 2015 that I found the site again (on another shared computer). Fortunately the owner was more lax with downloads so long as it didn't break anything. After a slow download and registration, my adventure began.

At first, I fumbled around and couldn't figure out how to use channel chat for a bit, but rarely made use of chat once I found out how to actually speak in channel and global. I went around Kanto solo for most of the time, with little interaction with other players. One fateful day I was dropped into Ch 2, and I decided to ask how good my Pokemon were.

I was quickly told how bad they were, with natures and IVs brought up, which I did not have any understanding of at the time. These criticisms changed me, and shaped how I would turn out over the next two years.I found myself returning to Ch 2 and slowly becoming a part of the community formed there. Eventually, I noticed @GoldenSunIsaac advertising VALE, and I took the opportunity to join. From there I would finish the Kanto storyline with some assistance, and try my hand in battle (failing most of the time, due to having a terrible team). I went to LoLL when VALE broke off and follow LoLL members to KSEM, back when it was active. From there I learned the "art" of shitposting and trolling, back when /dialogtest, lenny and Jumpeon were still somewhat relevant. I was also able to learn about the basics of competitive as well as breeding and farming.

Time passed, and I was blessed with my own laptop to use as I pleased. At the same time though, activity in team slowed. Members either quit or got banned, with the same happening to channel regulars. Still, I went on, talked with newer players, and strived to get better at competitive play. Eventually, the meta got too stale, so I played competitively less often, instead using my knowledge to help get new players started, which I continue to do now.

I both hate and love the community at the same time. I have a lot of friends from both forums ingame, but also plenty that hate me with a passion. Such is life in a MMO community, I suppose. Most times I log on I end up just using chat for hours, which really speaks to how fun it is to be a part of the community. I hope things only get better from this point onward, because I really enjoy playing and chatting with all kinds of people.

1 hour ago, axx said:

man, I miss OT

Me too, & all of the wonderful threads, that is exactly why I remade one in particular; 

It is probably the only thread I could think of from OT that wouldn't be violating any of the current rules here by being remade (also so happened to be the best one imo) 

I saw @DoubleJ tried remaking the swoll thread in multimedia but it was locked, although I would consider a lot of the content to be "multimedia" but w.e I gave up trying to argue w/ the staff a long ass time ago lol 

The story of 'brb disco'

When I was a fresh CM in early 2014, I stumbled upon a new player who had begun the game with a shiny charmander in Vermillion City. I started chatting with him and advised him to switch to a less populated channel to avoid falling victim to a scam.

Being friends with NlCEGUY, who at the time really wanted a shiny charmander and had the wealth to afford one, I let him know of this.

The player was french, so they had difficulties communicating.

During the adventure, the challenge was to raise the charmander to level 25, because that was the level requirement to trade a starter pokemon back then.

@Tranzmaster was informed and was interested to see how things would turn out.

NlCEGUY had provided this new player with information, a starmie to beat the gyms and an exp share to level up the Charmander fast and we would accompany this player through the storyline.

After having beaten Brock, the player wrote in normal chat.

brb disco

<disconnects>

I did really enjoy this game when it had a real social aspect back in the days, when tournaments used to be held in Silph Co, trading and bargaining were a thing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game even later, worked hard for some tournies and won bunch of them, but hey.

Chilling in Viridian and socializing most of the time was more fun for me, being able to wreck them big names in Viridian with just some poor budget OU's, showing off vanities when they were only purchasable with reward points had lot of fun.

i did met lots of cool people whom I still talk to, to this day, and I can safely say this was my best online gaming experience.

Yes, I do suck at essays, especially using a phone, but that was my lil share with you guys.

4 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

I did really enjoy this game when it had a real social aspect back in the days, when tournaments used to be held in Silph Co, trading and bargaining were a thing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game even later, worked hard for some tournies and won bunch of them, but hey.

Chilling in Viridian and socializing most of the time was more fun for me, being able to wreck them big names in Viridian with just some poor budget OU's, showing off vanities when they were only purchasable with reward points had lot of fun.

Exactly this, good old times

I started early 2013 didn't do much in the beginning except grind the Slots (and I was a pro at that shit) until I got my rocket uniform, then I joined a nice team after that but it died. About a month later I was in Vermillion where I fought this one guy who used a Curse/Shadowball Umbreon @Telf, I can't remember who won but we ended up becoming friends after that. We basically hung around Celadon most of the time, where Telf, Malorne, Zakavelli, RibadH(Kanzo), and myself would battle to determine the "King of Celadon". Only took me about 2 months of playing to find my first shiny, which was a Stantler I caught in Altering Cave(on the day it opened too) while I was hunting bagon. I ended up joining a nice team called HUGZ later in 2013, apparently it was a team of mostly girls (mostly guys), still it was a pretty good time. eventually the team split with Pattylove making some team called PIMP and the rest going their separate ways, a few of us from HUGZ decided to regroup and made a team called Team NoSleep, (Shoutout to Manny aka MtheGod wish you were still here man). After a year or so I ended up in MDVN where I had to battle xSparkie to join (Swept him with Slaking was ez), for the most part I've stayed in MDVN since then and met some pretty cool people like Archon(rip), KaosXV, Rendiz, Leviiticus, Sofa, and skrubs like Suneet and Oltan kek.

There is more shit but I just can't remember it

rip the good ole days

PS WTT Lucky Eggs LF Shinies

My neighbour got the game from a friend and eventually told me about it. Got it from him and Like I never played pokemon before or watched any of the series. I didn't even know wtf pikachu was or charmander. It was the days of the lucky eggs. Where the air was fresh and the channels weren't filled with trolls like middle earth. The days where we still had Global chat, the silph co fights even though I didn't understand nothing from events or comps, I played 500 hours before discovering the forums ^^. I've been playing fairly 4 years now. Learned everything from Pokemon on this game and guess what... I still never watched the series. NOT ONCE. I encountered a shiny doom and ran because I didn't know blue doom = shiny. I just wanted my pokemon to survive through island one lel.

Good evening DoubleJ, I hope your doing well. If you fall asleep on me, it is fine. I am going to wait for you to prepare your popcorn because I am going to take you on a bumpy and also a smooth ride through my times as a player. From a nobody to someone who became an unofficial news reporter informing players new and old about the in game's politics, the stories I am about to tell is a window to my in game life:

August 4th, 2013:

I use to watch a YouTube channel by the name of TheJWittz, and there was one video that caught my eye! The video was him listing some of the fan made Pokemon MMOs and PokeMMO caught my eye. I said to myself: "I have to get this!" Did all the necessary work and boom! I became an in game player and also started in the "newb" rank. I had to leave around late 2013 due to school.

2014:

This was the time when I came back to PokeMMO. I wanted to start a Pokemon YouTube channel and I stumbled across PokeMMO after checking my laptop's files. I did not want to buy a Capture Kit for my 3DS. PokeMMO was a free MMO that I can film things.

Once I knew my ground game, then "Roy Rogers" was born. That was a fond memory of mine, but at the time, "Roy Rogers" needed something to establish itself on. At first, I tried adventures with people, then those PokeDex series, and other things that really got me nowhere. Things changed when I met a player in Viridian, she was nice to me and was well known in the community. What was this lady's name? Her name was NoadHunter and we had our chats in Viridian. She wanted me to dip my toes in the competitive atmosphere of PokeMMO. It was scary for me, but she had trust in me and I had trust in her. I eventually taped the Dailies and boom, "Roy Rogers" started to pick up in popularity. I wanted to know what was going on with PokeMMO and I noticed that there was no news outlite to cover the headlines, so I dived head first into the journalism market and then on top of that, booked a high profile guest on my show (although I did rework our interview in the new 2017 edition of it).

Later this year, the community started talking about Hoenn. I mean the amount of hype for Hoenn was about equal to amount of hype for Unova. New things, new pokemon, and a new YouTuber for PokeMMO. In December, I started poking around the PTS of Hoenn.

2015:

January 13th, 2015: Hoenn came out! My mind was racing, I had to film Hoenn on the live server! I was in a room with @KingBowser and @OldKeith when Hoenn was about to hit! The room was very intense and excitement. Here it comes, 3,2,1 BOOM! Hoenn! Roy Rogers News was on the scene and published the video! I then filmed an entire Hoenn walkthrough with some top notch players near the end. Roy Rogers was growing and hitting new highs every time. I was proud to see people start saying Roy Rogers News around the streets of PokeMMO.

2015 was a strong year for the brand as a whole, and then the halloween and winter events came by near the end of the year. I had to set up the equipment and film these events for the first time. I felt like I was growing with PokeMMO as well because in 2015, this was PokeMMO's first time they dipped their toes into holiday events. I was stuck on the Pumpking, but thanks to @KaynineXL. He gave me the resources needed to beat the Pumpking and I got my pumpkin backpack!

Before I close out on this year, I had a discussion with a staff member on PokeMMO and we figured it would be nice to have a place for people to get their in game tutorials, so the Roy Rogers Tutorial channel was born!

(This was the year where I also transferred from the top hat and tux look to the creamy white and gold knight sprite design. I was advocating for the knight helmet to be implemented in game.)

2016:

I started to do tournament series on my channel as well as discussing the future Sprite Customisation 2.0. I had my thirty minute discussion back and forth with @Darkshade and he gave me a statement to read for my headline channel. I changed my look since one of my in game facial features was about to be cut out of the character customisation selection.

I did the same thing for the holiday events except, @PKMNtrainerJC assisted me in beating the Pumpking for the hockey mask.

Near the end of this year, I brought a third channel into the Roy Rogers Lineup, the "Roy Rogers Walkthrough" channel. Man that channel was packed full of fond memories on and off camera. I actually looked forward to our taping session. I kind of knew that when you have fun before you do a shoot, I would have a fun video on my hands.

I taped the auction, but I had to keep quiet since everyone, but the managers were muted (every now and then, I had to explain things to people so they can understand the process).

2017:

I was relieved that the US election was over and people would stop asking me "who did I vote for?" I mean I get it sometimes, but not as often as before in 2016. Donald Trump would be sworn in as the 45th president and I saw people lighting cars on fire and breaking windows with rocks. I had to speak up on that matter due to me not wanting my country to devolve into absolute madness. I mean, my family taught me how to deal with a loss and it was time I spoke up. That was an awkward time for me because I dislike talking about real world politics on my channel.

After I was done discussing real world politics, then there was an official announcement on forums that was a little depressing, but at the same time, it was kind of expected. PokeMMO's TeamSpeak was officially closing its doors to the public on Feburary 20th. While TeamSpeak was closing its doors, @TheChampionMike and @Perreh taught me about Discord and how to work it. I rarely use it, but I know enough about it to not be a newb on it. TeamSpeak gave me a ton of fond memories: YagamiNori's piano playing, @Noad hearing me snore, meeting @Squirtle when he came out of the staff lounge, etc. Maybe I might form some new memories with Discord.

I saw the community looking for a YouTuber to cover the PSL Auction. A lot of people had their schedules tied and there was one guy who took up the job. Time for that Roy Rogers Spice to come out in that PSL auction! It was fun taping the PSL with some of the managers in that Discord channel. Thank you @DoubleJ for inviting me to that Discord server.

This year is still at work, so I cannot write a complete summary on this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed my YouTube journey. PokeMMO has been such a wonderful game inside and outside. Roy Rogers Incorporated plans on growing with PokeMMO.

My favourite times in this game were definitely playing tournaments in Silph Co alongside Bowser, JJ, Raai while simultaneously being in TeamSpeak. These tournaments used to happen at like 1 am in India, so I had to speak softly in order to not wake my roommates up. The "ting" sound in TS always served as an indicator of when I lost connection during a tour, and those are obviously glorious times. Sometimes I just like to sift through the LYLE team thread just to see how much we've accomplished as a team - from love to hate to respect. The new guys we've added through the journey like Kanzo, Gyps, Q, Kay, Des (and anyone else I have forgotten) have also made the game equally enjoyable. Sadly these new changes to the game and with IRL catching up with us, our frequency of logging in has reduced significantly. I can't tell how much of an impact the future update will have on our playtime, and not to be a party-pooper,  but it's definitely not going to be close to the same enjoyment that we experienced back in 2014-15. But seriously, to all of the community who were active during those times, it's you guys as a whole that made this game worth playing and I have nothing but love-love for you all !

Edited by NikhilR
32 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

My favourite times in this game were definitely playing tournaments in Silph Co alongside Bowser, JJ, Raai while simultaneously being in TeamSpeak. These tournaments used to happen at like 1 am in India, so I had to speak softly in order to not wake my roommates up. The "ting" sound in TS always served as an indicator of when I lost connection during a tour, and those are obviously glorious times. Sometimes I just like to sift through the LYLE team thread just to see how much we've accomplished as a team - from love to hate to respect. The new guys we've added through the journey like Kanzo, Gyps, Q, Kay, Des (and anyone else I have forgotten) have also made the game equally enjoyable. Sadly these new changes to the game and with IRL catching up with us, our frequency of logging in has reduced significantly. I can't tell how much of an impact the future update will have on our playtime, and not to be a party-pooper,  but it's definitely not going to be close to the same enjoyment that we experienced back in 2014-15. But seriously, to all of the community who were active during those times, it's you guys as a whole that made this game worth playing and I have nothing but love-love for you all !

Them feels the when the new LYLE guys you say are like 3 years+ members. Crazy how time flies.

On phone so I hope I'll be able to keep it brief enough.

Been here for a while, seen seasons change, mods change, regions change, hats change, desu's avatar change, shiny rates change, teams change, forums change. You get the point- a lot of time passed and a lot of things changed.

I got to know about this game through a meme posted on Reddit (iirc), and hopped in just to see what all the hype was about and boy I wasn't disappointed. 

I miss the good old cancer. 

"How can in saffron city, guard doesn't thirsty?"

"Tobii stole my adamant Scyther with metal coat."

and the new

"No u"

"Same"

I miss

-Ch2

-OT lbz

-a lot of teams 

-My old team threads where I used to spam non sense.

-My messed up family tree in PKeM.

-Orangeslash and walrus collaboration signatures.

-signature rotators

-yumi and the whiteknights

-4f's whiteknight attempts

-A stupid bet made with an old friend that i still keep till date (being present in every intro thread.)

-Off topic revolution 2.0 3.0 4.20

-Gizmo's cancer jokes.

-Kudasai being troubled by "little siblings" 

-orangeslash's rocks are robots

-tranzmaster losing at e4

-malornes edge

-happy birthday vorred

These guys

@Magnet, @AlateaOlwyn , @jerryzoo, @Bluejim , @champion0screw it! tagging is difficult. (That was meant to be Mike)

Captainawesome, goshujin, chae, spaint, reevs,  Sam, chap, Rio, walrus, vael, orange, riph..uh I mean Laura, Tyrone, bilburt, forfi the list is infinite.

I'm really glad that I joined this community and met such amazing people( everyone here, even xatu)

I have been told many times that I "wasted" my time being here. Well, I enjoyed every second of the hours wasted here. Not because this game was amazing or anything. it was because of you guys.

Let's be honest, we all came here due to nostalgia of our beloved game being turned into an MMO and stuck around for the community.

A lot of people went(may they RIP) and a lot of people are a still around. 

Oh I miss the one week farewell threads.