Shiny Hunting

You can get leppa berries from gtl or you can plant your own

The pokemon you use depends on what poke you decide on hunting.

for example if you're hunting growlithe in pokemon mansion it is common to bring a pokemon with clear body or hyper cutter so you dont get intimidated 5x every horde, or if you're hunting heracross its smart to bring Octillery or cradily because Beautifly hordes also spawn there and they have whirlwind

You're going to need 2 kinds of pokemon (Aside from what Torinnnnn said)

Smeargle with False Swipe/Spore

And Quagsire with Damp ability (Or any mon with Damp Ability)

Then you're going to need lots and lots of pokeballs that you want your shiny in.

Also pokemon like Oddish can learn Sweet Scent naturally, so if you wanted, you could have your Smeargle Sketch Sweet Scent if you don't want to carry Oddish around.

Then pick a pokemon you want shiny go to the area and hunt for it.

Edited by Kite
5 hours ago, Kite said:

I'd personally just Master Ball any mon that has whirlwind if it was shiny :p

If you find a shiny in a horde that knows whirlwind (pidgeotto, beautifly, ect) and you dont have suction cups, youre essentially screwed, even with a masterball handy, since you need to kill the other 4 before you can throw a ball. 

Edit: same goes for roaring 'mons

Edited by awkways
24 minutes ago, awkways said:

If you find a shiny in a horde that knows whirlwind (pidgeotto, beautifly, ect) and you dont have suction cups, youre essentially screwed, even with a masterball handy, since you need to kill the other 4 before you can throw a ball. 

Edit: same goes for roaring 'mons

And that is why I take a screen shot of the horde then run away cause not worth it :p

5 hours ago, RealLifeAngel said:

So you would potentially use it on a shiny pidgey just because it had whirlwind? What a waste, I would just kill it or run away lol 

My shiny pidgey was from Route 1. 

Only took 1 pokeball and ran into it while I was EV training something.

Used my Master Ball on a shitty skarmory though...

Pokemons in PokeMMO does not run away using their ability (eg Rattata) but can escape via moves.

Counters for moves:
Teleport - Shadow Tag (Wobbuffet)

Whirlwind - Suction Cups (Octillery) /Ingrain (grass type move)

Roar - Soundproof (Loudred)

Explosion - Damp (Quagsire, Politoed)

Take Down - Ghost type pokemons

Not sure if I missed any other moves

To know what move a wild pokemon has, go to its pokemon entry and look up for 4 moves from its level.

BuhF8wN.jpg

hUW93Be.jpg

So a lv 30 Skarmory will know Spikes, Swift, Fury Attack and Air Cutter

but a lv 18 will know Fury Attack Air Cutter, Metal Claw and Sand Attack

For non-damaging ones, you may have a Taunt leader to prevent them to use such moves for 3 turns and if hordes, Taunt is not gonna help.

Eg a Smeargle with False Swipe, Spore, Taunt, Sweet Scent.

Cheap Sweet Scent user: Oddish

Last but not least, you need luck or patient

On 25/10/2017 at 10:39 AM, mehito said:

What is the best way to get Leppa berry? They are pretty expensive.. Does someone just run in grass randomly?

They're only expensive early on, you should focus on shiny hunt as soon as you jump in the game, IMO. I'd advice you to do the following:

Complete both stories on your main account.

Create 2 alts, run through hoenn story, you'll make 1.2-1.4m each from story, and then you'll use this 2 to harvest leppas. You can get 150-180 leppas per day harvesting on each char. This should give you some funds so that you don't run out of leppas quickly for a bit.

@Riesz to add to what you said:

Octillery is the best suction cups cause he has Twave. Other option would be Cradily.
Shedinja is the best ghost type, has access to false swipe. Other than shedinja is there any ghost able to use false swipe? I don't remember any, so think he might be the only one.
Smeargle is your bread and butter for most shinies that don't have tricky mechanics. Other option would be Parasect.
Both Polis, quagsire,(next gen swampert).
Clear body, metagross is also good for intimidate hordes, to clear the non shiny pokemons.

6 hours ago, redspawn said:

Smeargle is your bread and butter for most shinies that don't have tricky mechanics.

Agreed on this part, but I personally have many different smeargle for each and every situation :)

also, you may breed egg move False Swipe into Breloom, which I think is a better option off Parasect

Scamming always made shiny hunting so much easier, instead of spending countless hours in the wild or breeding all you would have do is fine one simple person & woo them. Too bad it is against the rules now, miss how cutthroat the game used to be always made it interesting! Might as well get rid of rocket uniforms since you cannot screw ppl over like team rocket does ;~;