Halloween 2017

Xatu

Question

Holiday events are integral to the MMO genre.  They are a way to give long time players something to look forward to and feel rewarded for their patronage. 

Normally the holiday events include exclusive items.  Understandably so these items should not be reused, as doing so would remove the "limited" nature of the item.  Instead however; we can supplement these exclusive items with things that already carry great value. 

super rare - donators pass, pc expansion pass, makeover pass, vanities currently in shop

mildly rare - choice band, pvp mystery box

uncommon vanities - black cat ears, candy horns

common items -  Lava Cookies, Rare Candies, TMs for Shadow Ball etc

The only thing youd be changing here is the contents of the halloween goodie bags, and possibly adding 2017 to the name/description.  The entire scripted sequence from last year would be reused otherwise.

Edited by Xatu

3 hours ago, Xatu said:

Both the items i listed arent even limited bro!  A rate is a rate, its obtainable ingame so its not fucking limited.  It would retain its fucking value too wanna know why?  BECAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY REAL WORLD CASH ON IT.

This might be a hard concept for you to grasp but, typing in all caps or bolding every other line doesn't give what you're saying credibility. 

I've got a little game for you:

Item 1 can be found on shiny charmanders only. Every shiny charmander found in the wild has a 1% chance of holding item 1

Item 2 can be bought from the gift shop for $1 US cash. It appears in the gift shop periodically, usually for about a week at a time.

1. Which item is likely to be more valuable?

Ok question 2 (realize this is getting pretty long and complex for you but hey, try to stay with me)

2. If Item 1 suddenly appeared in the gift shop for $1, what would that do to its value?

Now obviously this is a heavily exaggerated example of the situation riga was talking about, but I think it might be a good lesson for you on how rarity affects demand. Your answers are due in 3 hours

3 hours ago, Gunthug said:

This might be a hard concept for you to grasp but, typing in all caps or bolding every other line doesn't give what you're saying credibility. 

I've got a little game for you:

Item 1 can be found on shiny charmanders only. Every shiny charmander found in the wild has a 1% chance of holding item 1

Item 2 can be bought from the gift shop for $1 US cash. It appears in the gift shop periodically, usually for about a week at a time.

1. Which item is likely to be more valuable?

Ok question 2 (realize this is getting pretty long and complex for you but hey, try to stay with me)

2. If Item 1 suddenly appeared in the gift shop for $1, what would that do to its value?

Now obviously this is a heavily exaggerated example of the situation riga was talking about, but I think it might be a good lesson for you on how rarity affects demand. Your answers are due in 3 hours

i love you

7 hours ago, RealLifeAngel said:

I get the feeling that the only reason ppl rly care about there being a Halloween event are because they missed out on the exclusive items last year & they are pissy they did not get a stupid scythe or something lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I missed out on the Birthday hat vanity, but I don't complain about it. I roll with the punches, if I missed a special vanity item, I can work to get it if I really wanted it. As much as I love the Birthday hat, I am not determined enough to work for that hat.

7 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Yes, though to my knowledge we never released this under the guise of 'exclusive', so we may see this one again.

Can you remove the guise of 'exclusive' from kyu hat and labcoat in case they are obtainable from mystery boxes? Because that tag is pretty inconsistent and borderline false in case they're still available.

Edited by Tyrone
23 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Can you remove the guise of 'exclusive' from kyu hat and labcoat in case they are obtainable from mystery boxes? Because that tag is pretty inconsistent and borderline false in case they're still available.

The items were removed from Mystery Boxes between the last PTS update & the current build. Less than 10 (of any of the 3) ever came into existence via the lottery iirc

Just now, RealLifeAngel said:

But I thought the majority mattered? What happened? I guess I was right after all & you should have just listened lol 

Someone's still salty.

I said we were majority, i didn't said they were going to make halloween because of that,  i said they SHOULD, as i've stated before: come back when you have a solid point.

52 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

Someone's still salty.

I said we were majority, i didn't said they were going to make halloween because of that,  i said they SHOULD, as i've stated before: come back when you have a solid point.

Nyet, I just think it is funny how you & a bunch of other thought you were entitled to something because "the majority wants it" lol 

Edited by RealLifeAngel
Just now, RealLifeAngel said:

No, I just think it is funny how you & a bunch of other thought you were entitled to something because "the majority wants it" lol 

I didn't say we were entitled to...You know what, this isn't going anywhere, it's like talking to a cucumber, which i'm not proud to say that i have done it before. I'll just ignore you from now on, be salty as much as you want.

And just for the record, saying "lol" at the end of every sentence doesn't make the whole thing funny.

5 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

I didn't say we were entitled to...You know what, this isn't going anywhere, it's like talking to a cucumber, which i'm not proud to say that i have done it before. I'll just ignore you from now on, be salty as much as you want.

And just for the record, saying "lol" at the end of every sentence doesn't make the whole thing funny.

It is funny to me lol just like how you keep saying that but replying to me anyway, just like how you say you were not being self entitled but that was exactly how you were acting lol